Monday 13 January 2020

Antarctic Gales and Ikea Blues: Monday, January 13th!

To move freely you must be deeply rooted. -Bella Lewitzky, dancer (13 Jan 1916-2004)


Hi Judy Blue! So far we have five players for tonight's game, at our place, and Lady Dar and I are wondering if you and Linda would like/be able to join us to make two tables. Let me know when you have a moment and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio, on behalf of Bath Baby! Pics: Baby Beluga! Love the bath tub pics For sure they will be blackmail material in years to come Unfortunately I am recovering again this time with a bout of the flu
I have decided to lay low for a few days to give my body some downtime Cheers
Judy Xo
 

Hi Judy Blue! You really must be feeling blue after your cold and now the flu! Sorry to hear about this. Is there anything we can do or bring over? Please let us know as we'd be more than happy to help out of you need something done. Grocery shopping? Anyway, let us know. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thank you so much for your kindness!! I seem to be over the hump now and am going to venture out today for awhile ...give Bennie a break!! Judy Xo                           Tummler, Happy New Year. Here is hoping the cold and snow is welcome where you are. We are waiting with trepidation, in our rain forest climes, for a cold snap that will likely freeze the buds off, so to speak. That picture of you and RJ is great and as Jane says - he is a spitting image of you. I will trump you with some pics of Ze'ev that are humorous. To be forwarded separately from my phone. 
 
Plucking Twit is one of the best of your many gems in the naming disorder - after The Pitt Bull and the Lion Tamer. Grogg looks good in the pics. Give him my best if you see him at Sun Peaks. I've been swimming in the Porlier Pass with the Sea Lions and I am up to five miles each outing. Much faster since I shed my wet suit and I'm in the buff. Trying to improve my times now with limited success. We are going to New Mexico to visit friends in mid March for Jane's school break and will visit Kurt at the Church of Nanaimo later this month to attend a guitar summit. Halleluja! Fond regards to all, G&J y morita Budino Brothers latest release: 'Buona Forchetta' Plonkage 

Hello Porlier Pass Sea Lion People! Given your penchant for icy currents I'm surprised you didn't make it to Penticton's Polar Bear Swim! For my part, cycling in the Antarctic blasts is cold enough for me, thank you very much. Even then I need to pour the latest release from Budino Brothers over the chain and cassette to keep them from freezing up! Buona Forchetta is the new porch cleaner extraordinaire and I'm hoping that some of the local wineries will release something similar soon! That being said, I dream of Sea Lions as when I was swimming yesterday, the kids jack-knifing off the high board into the lane beside me created more turbulence than a rookery of pinnipeds! Still, managed to thrash my way to two miles before I took my shivering, shrinking buds, [mirroring both Zev's/Rowan James' cojones!], into the steam room to forestall extreme hypothermia and non-retraction of aforementioned testiculars!

[Gold medalist Tommie Smith (center) and bronze medalist John Carlos (right) showing the raised fist on the podium after the 200 m race] Speaking of Plucking Twits, you might be interested in taking a look at the YouTube clip, from 1995, when band was starting their World Tour at Hotel Kits, moving on to VRC: [See below for link.] 

Lady Darjeeling would like you to swing by and collect her for your junket to New Mexico as she cannot tolerate the cold, especially now, with Arctic storm sending temperatures tumbling to -15º C. Wind chill is ferocious with gusts up to 38 km/h! Please say hello to Pastor Kurt if he don't "spit on the ground/Every time my name gets mentioned!" Thanks Paul! <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmGdPf-84Zo>
Heard back from Bill, The Bar Tender, Dempster and he is undergoing a hip replacement today, I beleive. Unfortunately, he has really had a struggle with his eyesight, over last few years, not to mention cancer. Most recently, Had a great visit, on Saturday, with Flamin' and Sarge, along with mutual friends, Mr Fixit and Peggster, from The Rock, here visiting their daughter and family in Nanaimo. They all spent New Year's Eve with Grogg and Lurch. Must away to put another log on the fire and then heat up a bowl of soup before we head to Chloë's to help finish putting together some Ikea book shelves. If you hear *@!$###&* then it will be Lady Dar's expletives turning the air blue! 

Stay well. We trust our paths will cross, eftsoons, [[adverb], 1. Soon after. 2. Again. 3. From time to time.], your cross country junket! Say hello to the Sea Lions! Fond Fondestos from Lady Dar, glued to the fireplace! Rowan James sends his best to Zeverino! Cheers, Tummler/Grandfather/Il Conduttore and Patrizzio! You name it, I'm it! Pics: Will the real Zevster please stand up! Newfies! Think the Granpa pic takes the prize. Stefano!
 
 Great pictures, Rowan looks so bright & alert, hugs to all Great Great Gran
Hi Clarisse, Stefano and Kathleen! Yes, Lady Dar took some great snaps!  Fondestos from your frozen daughter, Lady Dar, glued to the fireplace! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Grogg/Lurch; Newfies!

Hello NTV! Trust everyone is well and highways aren't too, too bad. Thanks for the great visit, on Saturday, and help with thermostat, Mr Fixit, on Sunday! [Sincere Condolences on the loss of your dearly beloved Seahawks. They will always be remembered as the great team they once were. Rowan James will wear a black diaper in solidarity and a show of support for the fallen!] How was brunch at Wild Goose? Did you wine-taste afterwards? Cheers, Patrizzio!
    
Love the bath tub pics For sure they will be blackmail material in years to come
Unfortunately I am recovering again this time with a bout of the flu I have decided to lay low for a few days to give my body some downtime Cheers Judy Xo Hi Judy Blue! You really must be feeling blue afte ryour cold and now the flu! Sorry to hear about this. Is there anything we can do or bring over? Please let us know as we'd be more than happy to help out of you need something done. Grocery shopping? Anyway, let us know.

 
Around noon we went over to Chloë's to put together another couple of pieces of Ikea furniture, delivered last week. We managed to assemble a bookcase for Rowan's room and a low set of shelves for under wall TV. This unit has two other separate pieces which go beside or on top of it. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Rowan James before he and his Mom went out to meet one of the women, Stephanie, in birthing class Chloë attended. Both he and Everett, her son, born around the same time as RJ, slept through visit! Back home to inspect his grandparents' work with Bob, his pet Koala, given to him by one of Chloë's Australian friends.
 
Hello Polar Icecap Bidders! Unfortunately, Judy Blue is still suffering from the flu so she is unable to play this evening. This being the case, Josinta doesn't need to drive from Summerland on the ice highway and Ann of Green Gables can stay home. Thank you both for offering to play. Trust we'll have two tables once people are well on the mend. See the Chooch and O Susannah anytime after 6:30 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Baby Beluga at the Winnipeg Aquarium! See you tonight Chooch Sounds good , Patrick. I can stay in my PJs 😉 Enjoy AEB I trust they are fleece-lined! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks for letting me know. Have a good game tonight. Beautiful baby Rowan! Cheers, Jos

Hello Brave Bidding Souls! Thanks to Chooch and O Susannah for braving the sub-zero temperatures to play tonight. It was a a see-saw evening with O Susannah and Patrizzio emerging as the winners, after three rounds, then losing, quite badly, in the Winners vs Losers final round of the evening, to Chooch and Lady Dar! Congratulations to Chooch who played all of her winning contracts with panache and not a little bit of smugness, I must add, although I would never wish to be accused of envy and pique!
 
She has very kindly offered to host next week, at her place, still festooned with Christmas lights, at 6:30 pm, Monday, January 20th. Please let me know if you will be playing. Looking forward, if we can recruit enough players, to having two tables to start off the new year in grand style. Cheers, Patrizzio! Looking forward to play next week. Jos

I don't have Corrines’ phone number. I know that sounds crazy but i cant call her. just face-time her. Greg got lost last night in your vicinity. He has no sense of direction . I found him wandering . Rescued him in the car ! Hi Ski Patrol Carol! Glad you found your husband! Lady Dar would have left me to freeze! You can reach her on her cell, or mine as well as our home number. Best wishes to the Rescue Husband. He should have married Corinne, [double "n" not "r"], as she has absolutely no sense of direction either! Per esempio, when we were driving to Summerland, on Sunday I happened to ask her which way was to Winnipeg and she pointed left, indicating to the West! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi Patrick and Corinne, great to receive cards and updates via Facebook from you, despite my very slow responses. I had a busy travel late summer/fall. Dempster Hway (spectacular red/yellow fall colour, one of the most beautiful trips I've ever taken, and I was the only traveler with the Inuvialuit guide and his girlfriend). 

Portugal Photography tour (beautiful country, cities are replete with wonderful tiles everywhere, as well as more recent wall paintings, people are very friendly, food good, great companions, great wine), the Whitehorse (another photography trip, my fourth time there, beautiful and different every time; managed to see Auroras for only the second time), then London to visit my Daughter pre-Christmas after another trip to Lisbon (didn't get enough the first time). You can see some of my pix at lynncopeland.smugmug.com. 

I've been studying Spanish, coincidentally with Jim Henderson and Jocelyn Godolphin. It's sad how hard it is to remember vocab at an advancing age (though to be honest I was always slow). Best for the New Year and enjoy the winter (I noticed it is now 7 degrees in Orkney... ) Lynn
  
Hi World Traveler Lynn! Lovely to hear from you. Thanks for New Year's wishes. Really must compliment you, yet again, on your simply stunning photographs. Happily, can now spend money on malt instead of travel as feel I've been with you on all your exciting trips! Bravo indeed! What is the date of your show at Fotografiska in Stockholm? Had a great phone cal from Kjell, pre-Christmas, and he wants to know! Anyway, while you have been on the road or in the darkroom I've been shoveling snow. Neverthelss, quite lovely out with not a hint of wind, snow crystals sparkling. Something you could capture, beautifully I'm sure! Hello to Jocelyn and Jim when next you decline or conjugate Spanish verbs! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you Lynn! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! I'm a real Fred-head, sadly didn't notice til last minute he was playing here a few days ago. Best moment was his take-down of a drunk in the audience at St. James a few years ago...Lynn













No comments:

Post a Comment