Friday 10 January 2020

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow Blues: Friday, January 10th!

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. -Lord Acton (John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton), historian (10 Jan 1834-1902) 


Hello Naramatia! How are you managing with all the snow? Just in from shoveling our back driveway. Quite light and fluffy so almost fun! Chloë sent along the first snap of Rowan James wearing the smart outfit you gave him, before they came over to our place for dinner last night. [She has a card here for you so if you will be by in next little while you could pop in and have a visit. Otherwise, we'll put it in the mail. If that is best option could you send along your address. Thanks.] Great that you could join us for Open House. Must away to do front sidewalks! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Home and Away!

Hello Pentictonites, we keep our trusty snow shovel on the porch and gave it a workout this morning before braving the legendary Naramata road into town. Enjoyed your New Years open house immensely, thanks again to both of you! Rowan James looks pretty handsome and content in his new duds. Thanks for
the baby photos, appreciated! All our best to Chloë. In the main time I am looking for my warm lumberjack outfit to compliment the impending cooler temperatures that are coming to the valley next week. Cheers, Carol & Tom


Hi Rowan James and His Mom! Wonderful, wonderful snapolas so thanks for sending them along! I just sent pic of Rowan James you took of him in outfit that Carol and Tom gave to you at Open House. I asked them to either pop by for card or send me their address as I don't have it. Must away to shovel front sidewalks. Quite light and fluffy so almost fun. Love to The Little Chap! Cheers, Dad/Poppa! My pics from last night!

 
Dear Patrick!! Oh my God, of cours I remember You!! Very ,very well! Im very sorry I didnt answer for Your message for so long. I was thinking about you very offen. I even try to find you on Facebook or just in internet. But I couldnt finde any information about you. Im so glad you are ok now. But Im sorry to hear that accident in Auschwitz wasnt the only one. Your visit in Poland was like move, horror I gess. Thanks God you get to Berlin, and your wife was with you. She must be terrified to hear all news about you. When Im looking on your photos befor and after you look like two different men. Did you back cycling and hiking or still not? 
 
Well as you remember I was pregnate. My third son was born on October 17 2018. His name is Stas. Now he is almost 15 months old. Our oldest son Frank is 9, and second Anthony is 6 years old. We are proud an happy parents of 3 great boys. Your great grandouther is lovely:)) But you wife is a very young and beautiful great grandmother.

How was your Christmas? Is snow in Canada? In Poland, where we are living unfortunately not. Boys really waiting for some snow and sled. At the end of month are winter holidays, so maybe we will go somewhere where is snow.



Im still at home with baby. Maternity in Poland take one year, but we decided I will stay longer. For free. But I love to be a mom. Maybe some day I will come back to work which I like a lot.

Patrick if some day you will come to Poland again, pleas let me know. You and your wife are always welcome in our home. We remember you very well. Thank you that you mail me. Its main a lot for me. There are some photos of our family. Please say hello to your wife!! We send a warm grettings from Poland!! Marta, Peter and sons!!!
 

Hi Kids! Marta was the leader of the tour group I was on in Auschwitz. How lovely to hear from her and know that she gave birth to her third child and family is well. As you will read below, she and her husband, Piotr, visited me, in the hospital, after my fall! Must away to shovel some of the snow her boys are dreaming of! Cheers, Patrizzio!                   Hi Hawaii Five-O! Have you packed yet? I thought Terrace was large enough to have a barbershop. Guess not! Your travel plans sound more than terrific. Rather brave of you to visit Israel, Oman and Jordan, especially given current tension between US and Iran. I'm sure you'll be fine but just in case, Lady Dar and Chloë would like the papers for your Airstream!!! 

[Frank, 9, Stas, almost 15 months and Anthony, 6]

Had quite a bit of snow last night so after I had my morning java I shoveled our back driveway. Quite light and fluffy so almost fun! While I was slaving away Lady Dar walked over to Chloë's to do her sidewalks. They were to take Rowan James to hospital for his last check-up there.[Just had a call from her and Rowan James is now 11 lbs 9 oz, having gained 1 lb 5 oz in the last week. The Hulk!] From now on he will be seen by Chloë's family doctor, with whom she is extremely pleased. 

Earlier this morning Chloë sent along a snap, taken at her place before she came over to Burns, of Rowan James wearing the smart outfit friends, Carol and Tom, gave him at our Open House. They live in Naramata and I met them on my bike trip in Poland. Coincidentally, I literally just received the message I've included, this morning. Marta was the leader of the small tour group I was on in Auschwitz, day after everyone else on bike trip left for home or elsewhere in Europe. How lovely to hear from her and know that she gave birth to her third child and family is well. As you will read below, she and her husband, Piotr, visited me, in the hospital, after my fall! Must away to shovel more of the snow her boys are dreaming of! This time it is the front sidewalks! For the second time as it started snowing again, a few hours ago. Stay well. Buona Fortuna with having your ears lowered. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Pics: Marta's sons; Wine and Rowan James! Too, too bad you weren't here last night as Grogg brought a magnum of my "cousin's" Howell Mountain, Napa Valley, 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon! [Randy Dunn is a highly respected wine-maker in California, if not in many of the wine regions of the world.] On the other hand, more for us, Heraldo!!! Hip Hip Hooray! 


Patrick and Corinne, You do live in a small world - we were not at all surprised that the lady from Poland. Patrick you do leave a mark wherever you go! A friend of ours from Vancouver just sent an email as they had just returned from Israel and said it was easy to get around, safe, lots of amazing sites and very multicultural. She also said the only downside was that it was very expensive - for eg. $30.00 for a simple hamburger. Our hotels include breakfast so I suspect we will be packing up a few goodies for lunches and hiding them in my purse each day. 

 
We are currently freezing - minus 19 degrees and if the wind is blowing it feels like -35 degrees. We just talked to our friend in Osoyoos who turned 80 today and he said it was very cold there and they have had terrific winds too. A little unusual for the Okanagan. I just beat Gerry in Gin Rummy and so he is pouting as I got Gin 4 times in a row. I only won $16.50 but he still pouts despite the fact that I owe him over $10,000.

Jeff gave us Netflix and we are hooked sadly. I have watched more TV in the last few weeks than I have in the last 10 years. I can’t believe how wonderful it is to watch without those most annoying ads every 5 minutes. We watched the Kominsky Method and now are watching Grace and Frankie. Not high level shows but very easy watching at 10 o’clock at night. By the way your photos never came with your last email. I am enclosing one from our front door so you can see what we look like with all the snow and cold. Cheers, Dawn


Hello Netflix Junkies! Liked your Winter Wonderland snap! Welcome to the 21st Century! Lady Dar is a fan of Grace and Frankie. I enjoy it as well but have not watched it lately. Wasn't sure about the Kominsky Method but might give it a try if it is ow-brow enough for you uppity Terrace Folk! Netflix Junkie Alert! Highly recommend Line of Duty, a British BBC police procedural television series. It was ranked eighth in The Independent's list of the twenty greatest police shows of all time and third in a Radio Times poll of the best British crime dramas of all time. Lady Dar owes me over $100,000 US in cribbage losses but I never pout! Fondestos from Her Bankrupt Imperiousness, green with frozen envy, to you both! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment