Saturday 11 January 2020

Saga of The Continuing Snow Shovel Blues: Saturday, January 11th!

Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt. -Clarence Darrow, lawyer and author (18 Apr 1857-1938)
 

Hi Patrick, Just started the book and enjoying it. However Senka told me the meeting is on the 13th. If that is correct I’ll have to get the book back to you ASAP as you won’t have time to read it! See you today. LouHi Luigi!
According to Lady Dar the book club is meeting on February 13th, not January 13th, so you have plenty of time, if this is correct. I left a message for Pam, as she is hosting, to confirm correct date! Will let you know as soon as I hear from her. Until then, stay warm and happy reading! Cheers, Patrizzio! Meeting: That’s what I thought. Great now I can finish the book with ease!

Hi Lurch and Grogg! Trust highway wasn't too, too bad, en route, to Fernie, and that you are happily settled and enjoying the slopes. Thanks again for the wonderful visit, not to mention the fabulous wines and cheeses.
 

Spent much of yesterday shoveling sidewalks but stuff was light and fluffy so almost fun! Light dusting last night and I'm just in from doing both front and back. Apparently not supposed snow again until early morning tomorrow. Temperature is hovering around 0º C so once walks have been swept they are melting nicely.

Believe The Two Waynes and their Spice Girls will be coming over around 4:30 pm this afternoon so looking forward to seeing everyone. We are still thinking of making a trip to Sun Peaks to hook up with you and Trevorino so will be in touch once we've looked carefully at our schedule and coordinated with Chloë to make sure she won't need car while we are away. Until then, stay well. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Plucking Twit and More!


Hello Squash Vets, et al! Trust everyone is well. Thanks, to those in touch, for your New Year's wishes. This past Thursday we enjoyed a wonderful visit from Lurch and Grogg, en route to Fernie as part of an extended skiing holiday.  Until next we meet, friends and former squash opponents, stay well. Fondestos from Lady Dar to one and all. Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio!

Hello Dearest Marta, Piotr and Handsome Boys! Healthy, Happy New Year to you and all your lovely family! How simply wonderful to hear from you and know that life goes extremely well. Congratulations on the birth of Stas! Hip Hip Hooray!!! Both my wife, Corinne, and our youngest daughter, Chloë, were more than delighted to see the pictures you sent. Hard to believe that time passes so quickly. Thank you for the compliments on our great-granddaughter, Olivia Rose. She is a gorgeous, active girl, almost walking. I also have some other exciting news as Chloë gave birth to Rowan James, on November 26th, a bouncing baby boy, 8 lbs, 5 oz, with red hair, just like me when I was born! Both are doing extremely well and with his regular check-up, this past Friday, he is now 11 lbs, 9 oz so he will be cycling with me soon!

In this regard, I have been back cycling since October when my physio and doctor allowed me to resume such activity as my shoulder replacement, [March 12th, 2019], was well healed and firmly attached to bone, etc. by then.  Consequently, riding quite regularly as until fairly recently Penticton has not had much, if any, snow. What did  fall, just after Christmas, [This year Christmas was even more magical having Rowan James as a "present" under the tree!], melted away quite quickly so roads were dry. Temperatures have also relatively "warm" and last Sunday it was almost tropical, 9º C, so I went for the longest ride since having my shoulder replaced.

Today the forecast is for heavy snow and frighteningly sub-zero temperatures, -17º C, at least for Penticton, over the weekend. Send Stas, Antonio and Francesco over and I'll take them sledding with Rowan James! Thank you, as well, for the very generous offer to visit and stay with you. That is most kind. We do hope to return to Europe in the next year or so and I know Corinne wishes to visit Kraków and many other places in Poland, as well, after I told her what a wonderful country you live in, even after the "horror movie" as you so well describe my time after the first fall! Of course, I trust we will stay in touch and plan accordingly, closer to time.

Must away for now as I need to do my shouldares. We are expecting very close friends, Michele and Wayne, from Vancouver, to drop in later this afternoon. Their son, Corey, and daughter-in-law, Rebecca, and two daughters, Avery and Ashlynn, live in Penticton, so they are often up from the coast to visit. For now, stay well. Fondestos from Lady Darjeeling, [aka Corinne], a nickname I gave to her after our trip to India in 2015, to you and your family. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Pics: Christmas Eve, just before church service; too sleepy to sing carols! Christmas morning; Boxing Day; last Saturday, at dinner with Rebecca and Corey; this past Thursday when more good friends from Vancouver Island were over for dinner. Francesca and Gregg are on an extended skiing holiday.

Hi Patrick, we rushed to our seats, thinking we would talk after the film... But you were away by the time we got to the foyer! Just wanted to say that was a very fine film! Did not see you at the pool today. Stay well, till we meet again,
Bill
Hi Guillermo! We really enjoyed seeing Pain and Glory as well. We had expected to have a chat after the film but we bumped into Lou on her way to her seat and she wanted to borrow next title for our book club and offered us a ride home as good friends, Grogg and Lurchesca, were coming to dinner around 6:00 pm. 

Funnily enough, when G/L checked into the Lakeshore they were helped by friend, Bill Loomis, I know from hiking group. He and his wife, Naughty Nancita, [in walking group with Lady Dar], live on Burns, one block north of us. [Do you know them?] He works part-time as Doorman and he and Grogg started chatting when he saw his guitar case. Bill plays as well. He is an interesting chap for being a former lawyer and a displaced Yank! Among other common interests, we both share a love of movies. He suggested we start our own Film Club. Are you interested? We could watch many on Netflix or some other provider, and/or rent them from The Bookshop. Make an evening of it, with or without The Sisterhood, drinking local Grappa and pontificating!
 
Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and The Lovely Rita. [I treated my self to three of her delish, delish biscotti a couple of days ago. I have to ration myself, although I was more than delighted to find, affixed to the bottom of the attractive tin container, a label which informed me: Reader of this message is entitled to a refill, once a month, from date of original gift, for a year! When can I pop by for January's top-up? Can hardly wait until our next Open House!] She'd like to invite you for dinner over the next little while so are there a couple of dates that might work? Let us know and we'll plan accordingly. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Steve McQueen Fans!
Great update on film! I can still remember seeing it in 1963, in Winnipeg, sitting in the very front row of the Metropolitan Theatre, [Since renovated and refurbished, now named the Metropolitan Entertainment Centre], akin to the Stanley, as place was sold out! Cheers, Patrizzio!



Hi Old Farts There will be a hike on Monday, but it is going to be ccccoolish. Time for your fur-lined lingerie for sure. We will be going to the Kaleden hills, and the terrain is much more suited to boots (maybe with cleats) than snowshoes. Meet as usual at 0840 at Summerland IGA or 0900 at 0900 at Cherry Lane staff parking lot and venture forth from there. I will be away for the following four Mondays. If you want to keep the hikes going, volunteer on Monday for a date, and send out a notice (just use ‘Reply All’ to this email or to the one Aart sent out before New Year). Cheers for now Tony 

Hi Tony, I cannot make the hike tomorrow as I have to attend a District of Summerland meeting at 1:00 pm. I would be happy to lead a hike the following Monday along the Test of Humanity Trail and perhaps with a diversion up Cartwright. I might require a little divine help from Chuck if we blunder astray.
Cheers, Tim Hi All: I will be away in Arizona for the next few weeks. See you all in February. Hope it’s warmer down there……….Hugs from Hildi 
Hi Tony I would like to share the attached poster but can't do a reply all. Please send it out for me. Colleen has asked me to pass this poster on. Tony


Hi Colonel Klink! Happy New Year! Trust you are well. Lady Dar and I will attend the OSO Diamond Anniversary concert on February 8th. Look forward to seeing you then, if not before. Cheers, Patrizzio!Hi Patrick, so glad you both will be able to attend the concert. I have been feeling very guilty for not thanking you for your New Years card and even worse for missing your open house party. I had so much trouble sending that poster, I think everyone got it twice. Colleen Hi again, Klinkenheimer! Glad you enjoyed card. We missed you at Open House but know it was a busy time of year so not to worry. You needed to enlist the help of Rowan James in sending out the poster! Cheers, Patrizzio!




No comments:

Post a Comment