Thursday 2 January 2020

Back on the Bike Blues: Thursday, January 2nd!

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (2 Jan 1920-1992) 



Chloe Alexis Dunn Ringing in 2020 with this cutie.......2019 was an amazing year that gave me Rowan, i’m looking forward to all the exciting things to come in 2020 for us. Here’s to a healthy and happy New Year to all our friends and family. ❤️

Hello My Friends, After walking Regi this big gallut! two times yesterday and cleaning my new contract (85 year old bachelor) and then finally getting in the
shower I was too pooped to party, please forgive me! I will stop by and drop off your book when I am in your neighbourhood this week. I am sorry I missed the festivities and the baby. See you soon, Hugs Kelly


Hi Patrick, Unfortunately, we missed out on your Open House yesterday. Unexpected out of town guests dropped in. Great to see them but sorry we couldn't also visit with you and Lady Dar. Our best wishes for a great 2020! Paul & Charlotte


Dear Corinne and Patrick, Happy happy....2020 is going to be great!!! I love the way it looks and sounds...perfect vision for all us. So disappointed I missed your party yesterday. vanessa enjoyed herself and thank you so much for the goody bag of appies you sent home with her. I enjoyed them...I am feeling better today but wont see you until I am fully recovered. it is Vanessas last day so we plan on enjoying ourselves, Love, Judy xox Glad you are feeling better. We missed you yesterday but were glad to see Vanessa. Thanks for the salad and for the nuts and bolts. Will return containers soon. Hugs Corinne

Dinner at the Dunns’: Good morning Patrick and Corinne, First of all, thank you again for a wonderful afternoon of socializing and fantastic food! We always look forward to your fabulous parties! It was great seeing “old friends” that we see once a year at your place as well as making “new friends” at your lovely home. In the spirit of socializing, Tim and I would like to invite the both of you for dinner this month. Looking at the calendar, we have every Saturday and Sunday (from the 11th on) free at this time. Pick a couple of days that work for you and let us know. Then we’ll see if Aart and Jos can make it as well. See you Wednesday, Corinne? Cheers, Marian 

Sounds great! We are available on the 11, 12 18 and 19 and the 25 in January. Great to see you both yesterday. Enjoy the fabulous weather. Hugs Corinne

Since it was such a gorgeous day I had planned to hit the road shortly after 11:00 am but when Lady Dar arrived home from yoga she had other plans for me. She had stopped in at the Salvation Army Thrift Store, right down the street from her class and found an exceptional crib that she thought we should buy for Rowan's Room. [Not only was it in extremely good condition but it was on sale for $20, marked down from $40, if you can believe it!] The one that we have been using at our place is more of a play-pen and Chloë will need it at Winnipeg as the small enclosure she is currently using on her bed is almost too, too small for the growing lad! This was she can now put the play-pen in her bedroom and leave the bassinet in the family room.

At any rate, Lady Dar called Beckster to see if she could help bringing the crib from the store to our place in their truck as it was too large to fit into our Kona. She wasn't working so she said she could meet us at the store at around 1:00 pm. This being the case I continued putting away all the various cookers and large pots and pans we had used for the Open House and cleared furniture away to allow us to carry crib to office. Car was still at Chloë's place so Lady Dar walked over to collect it and when she was back we took off for The Sally Ann.
 
Beckster was already there so we went inside and and took the various drawers and mattress back to our car so that it would be easier to transport the crib. Then Beckster, Lady Dar and I loaded it into the truck bed. It was more awkward than heavy so really not too difficult to wrangle it into the truck. Quite a large piece of furniture so tailgate had to be left open. This being the case Beckster lashed it tight and we drove the few blocks back to Burns without incident. Took it in through the front door and then slid it, on a towel, across the floor to the office. However, this door is smaller than the outside one so we couldn't "squeeze" it through. Knew I'd have to take it apart but that could wait until after my ride. Thanking Beckster I took out two bags of my dehydrated apples for Ashlynn and Avery and we waved goodbye to the Sendero Moving Company!
 
It was just before 2:00 pm before I left the house so I decided it would be best to hit the Hamster Highway as opposed to heading to Crescent Beach. The wind was out of the N at 13 km/h so if I'd been able to leave around 11:00 am I would have headed for Summerland to have the wind at my back on return. It still starts to become dark close to 4:00 pm and I really didn't wish to be on 97 after that so the Gerbil Cage Blues were the best option. Almost didn't have to think to ride this route as I've now managed to cycle it on muscle memory alone. Once I leave the Riverside Mall I have about 8 km on the clock so I then proceed to describe four different loops, with seven repeats of each individual loop, off Power and Westminster, decreasing in circumference as I move from Burnaby, to the back lane south of Dynes, [technically an extension of Riverside], to Dynes itself and finally to Churchill. Then it is only a matter of a final three dispsy-doodles around Comox Street before I have the distance I need for the return home along WWW. Map and stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4394012957#.Xg6VzR-edbE.email

Hi again, Beckster, et al! Had planned to send rest of pics from New Year's Eve along but then you very kindly offered to help with crib so didn't have a chance to do so. Really appreciate your effort yesterday, hauling the crib from The Sally Ann and then bringing it into the house. Since it was such a grand day I took the opportunity to go for a ride after you and Apple Ring Goils left! Lady Dar went over to help Chloë. I was back close to 5:00 pm and then started on the disassembly of the crib in order to get it into Rowan' Room! Not too, too difficult but I did need to take the sides and end off before I could slide the part holding the drawers into the room. Once that was done I put everything back together, remembering not to stand on the inside or I would have "fenced" myself in! 

Had I done this Lady Dar probably would have left me there! Looks great I was back close to 5:00 pm and then started on the disassembly of the crib in order to get it into Rowan' Room! Not too, too difficult but I did need to take the sides and end off before I could slide the part holding the change table and drawers into the room. Once that was done I put everything back together, remembering not to stand on the inside or I would have "fenced" myself in! Had I done this Lady Dar probably would have left me there! Looks great so can hardly wait for Rowan James to give it a try! Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: New Year's Eve and The Winnipeg Street Annex!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment