Tuesday 14 March 2017

Fridge Management Back in the Saddle Blues: Tuesday, March 14th!

The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth. -Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (14 Mar 1879-1955)


Hi Patrice, I made a compilation of the vehicle abuse we have been doing so far and uploaded the video to youtube for easy viewing. We are actually going to do some more stuff with the same truck so probably won't be much left of it by the time we are done lol. I will keep you posted take care and ttys. Al

<https://youtu.be/nGi8IdQwxjM>


Hi James: Just a quick note to say that I will be attending this evening's film showing. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Dear Bridgettes and Bridgeoids! Just back from honing my bidding skills in Vancouver and I am more than happy to host tomorrow's game unless it has already been decided where play will be. Lady Dar is otherwise engaged so I am the only participant from Burns Street. Let me know who is interested and available and we'll plan accordingly. Pre-tournament practice!!! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Thursday night's game with Fast Eddy, Ragin' Bull and The Penguin, hostess. Played doubles squash with all of them. The Penguin is like Jack Rabbit Slims, no prizes but loads of fun, in spite of this glaring shortcoming!

Love to play, but Wednesdays just don't work for me. Anybody interested to play TONIGHT? I need the practice! Jos Hello All, I can play either or both nights. Pamela I talked to Gill yesterday and she can play tonight. Let's wait until she confirms, and we will have 4. Yippee. Jos Hi all, Will be resting tonight. Enjoy a fun evening. Hugs, Olly 

Hello Tuesday Night Changelings! Nice move, Josinta, as I thought you didn't wish to play on Tuesdays, like Michaelo! Nevertheless, I cannot play tonight as we are off to the Lens on Lent film this evening. If some people still want to play on Wednesday let me know and we'll have a table at our place. Cheers, Patrizzio!Sorry .. but I have always been in favor for Tuesdays. Wednesday is always hard for me, and hope we can go back to Tuesday night definitely, and I don't have to miss my favorite game anymore. Jos Hi Josinta! I know you have always been in favour of Tuesday evenings but I wanted to give Michaelo a little poke! 

We are registered for Friday's fund-raiser and Michaelo has been put down as a single. He will be assigned a partner before play starts. First game is at 10:00 am so people should be at the Blue Church, (Eckhardt and Main), about 9:50 am. Not sure about parking at the High School or Shatford but everyone, except you, Josinta, can park in front of our place and then walk over, weather permitting. It would be much appreciated if you are able to pick me up, slightly earlier, as I have to take a large tureen of Lady Dar's soup, part of lunch that will be provided. Lady Dar is volunteering at PGH, from 8:00 am until noon so she cannot drop it off earlier. Not sure if you have talked to the other two Summerlanders about carpooling. If doing so, could you arrange with whoever is driving to be here no later than 9:45 am. Anyway, please let me know what you plan so I can make other arrangements, should that be necessary. Thansk and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Pamela! Great that you can play tomorrow. Jim wasn't sure but he thinks it will be Smoke Signals, a documentary on indigenous peoples. Have to run and have a quick shower as I'm just back from biking! Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Naramata Goil, Olga Polga and Michaelo! The Sisterhood is registered for Friday's fund-raiser and Michaelo has been put down as a single. He will be assigned a partner before play starts. First game is at 10:00 am so people should be at the Blue Church, (Eckhardt and Main), about 9:50 am. Not sure about parking at the High School or Shatford but you can park in front of our place, (611 Burns), and then walk over, weather permitting. I will ask Josinta, my partner, to pick me up, slightly earlier, as I have to take a large tureen of Lady Dar's soup, part of lunch that will be provided. Lady Dar is volunteering at PGH, from 8:00 am until noon so she cannot drop it off earlier.

With respect to tomorrow night's game, I hope you can join us Michaelo. If you are having a massage, Rolly Polly, please come for dinner afterwards. I'll be all alone as Lady Dar is going to her Book Club. Pamela and Michaelo, you are both welcome to join us for dinner. You need more than a handful of nuts to keep body and soul together, Naramata Goil! Lady Dar has a fabulous, huge turkey lasagna just waiting to be devoured and I plan on making a large salad so there will be loads to eat. If dining, come any time after 5:00 pm but if you can't make it until later, don't worry as you can still tuck in while we start playing. At any rate, must away to hunt for bridge prizes! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Patrick, thank you very much for the invitation. It sounds so tasty :-)
However I am afraid it might be too many of us to have a right amount of players at a table? Regards. Mike Hi Michaelo! Don't worry about numbers. I will sit out and help Olga and you can rotate with Pamela, helping her when not playing. Good practice for Friday. Anyway, you are most welcome for both dinner and bridge so think about it. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Gill is out cycling this afternoon till late. We'd earlier decided Wed evening was a better fit for us this week. Is Wed a go then? Phil Hi Phillipo and Gilliana! Naramata Goil has confirmed tomorrow so we are on at our place. See you both anytime after 6:30 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patriçio, I trust you made it back to the Bridge and Marriage capital of the Okanagan? Rebecca dropped off a dog bed because I complained about dog hair on the furniture. Juno likes her bed, but the furniture is still not safe … Pics: … suggested sleeping positions .. try them yourself!

Hi Ragin'! Very pleased to see that you are a dog-parent again! More wonderful snaps of Juno! I'm really glad I was able to go for a walk with her. Thanks again for all your hospitality and generous chauffeuring. Certainly much appreciated.

Bus ride back went very well. I was able to finish reading my book club selection, February, by Lisa Moore. We will host the discussion on Thursday evening, along with a pot-luck. Senka, from Terravista, is part of the group. Tomorrow we are hosting bridge and then on Friday I'm playing with Josinta in a GFA fund-raiser so that should be fun.

Ruth Toews and her sister, Deb, were at Burns Street when I arrived. They had spent the night, on Sunday, wine-tasting with Lady Dar and Carol/Bruno, friends from Qualicum Beach, during the day. C/B left for Kelowna on Monday so our paths didn't cross. After dinner last night, (a fabulous lamb stew by Lady Dar), we played a rubber of bridge. Deb is just learning but has always played cards so she caught on very quickly and it was loads of fun.

After they left this morning, I set about doing laundry and unpacking, and playing soccer with Duke, of course! Suited up and went for a ride around 2:00 pm. It had been raining slightly all morning but had started to clear when I set out. Fairly briskish wind out of the south at 31 kph so I decided to stick relatively close to home and settled on my standard route when head wind is so ferocious. Did the PTC/Lakeshsore/Riverside Loop, with nine sub-circuits off Power Street before heading up Vancouver Avenue. Dipsy-doodled my way up to Middle Bench and then did two circuits of it and Upper Bench, with a 50 km foray along Middle Bench, to give me the distance I had set for myself at the end of the ride, before making for home. Saw hiking friend, Guillermo, walking his dog, Barney, on White, near our place, just before I zipped into our alley to pull at the garage door. Both Miss Etta and Duke were just waking up from their afternoon naps so I patted them hello before they went outside to terrorize the neighbourhood! Map and Stats for ride:

 
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1621168308#.WMiKV0diHj4.email

As I mentioned, we'll be back in Vancouver around May 11th-15th, or thereabouts, for Lady Dar's Library School reunion bash. If you are interested and able, a "working" visit, any time in April would be great. However, I know you have plenty on your plate so just let us know when might work if a visit is something you would still like to entertain. Must away to throw a few last soccer balls before I hit the hay. Cheers, Il Conduttore, from Squash Doubles Dictator to Elite Soccer Coach in the twinkling of a cat's eye! Pics: Chauffeur; Deb and Ruth before they left this morning. Note remaining firewood!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment