Thursday 23 March 2017

OK Falls or Bust Blues: Thursday, March 23rd!

One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -Erich Fromm, psychoanalyst and author (23 Mar 1900-1980)





 

Rae Tanne Just got my DNA analyzed. Turns out I'm...36% Western European (Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Czech, Austria); 14% Scandanavian (Norway and Sweden); 13% Irish; 12% Eastern European (Poland, Ukraine, Romania etc); 10% Italy and Greece; 8% Spain and Portugal; 5% Great Britain; <1% European Jewish; <1% Middle Eastern. Some real surprises in there. Rae Tanner DNA science is the ultimate evidence.
Rae Tanner
Hi Almost Two Table Folk! Thanks so much to Olga Polga for hosting last night, especially when you weren't feeling up to scratch! Thanks, as well, to Craig, for helping out with dealing, shuffling and arranging hands. He'll be bidding and making Grand Slams soon, so watch out Michaelo!
Next week, Wednesday, at 6:30 pm, Spiller Road People will be hosting so Lady Dar and I are happy to be chauffeur those coming from elsewhere. Room for three hitchhikers. Let me know who plans to play and who might need a ride so we can plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks to you Patrizzio, Corinne and everyone else for a nice evening.
Really sorry for having to cut it a bit short. I must apologize to everyone but
on the bright side today I'm feeling better today having the early to bed night,
even took in a slow walk along the KVR with Chuck this morning. It was good
to get out of the house for some fresh air. I'm hoping to play bridge next week but need to wait and see; will let you folk know closer to Wednesday. Hugs for now, Olly
Patrick, I plan to play next Weds. Is the start time 7 pm? Thanks for being the Bridge organizer! I'll find my own way to Spiller Rd.

Thank you Olly and Craig, you two are the true bridge spirit. I hope you Olly feel much better, and ready to explore the game. Looking forward to the challenge you Craig will bring to all of us :-) Thanks Patrick for keeping us organized, and hopefully see you all next Wednesday. Cheers. Mike Yes thx to Ollie and Craig. Thx Patrick for sending out next week and hope to see you all here at Spiller. Still haven't got round to sorting out bridge prizes - unfortunately it's not high on my to-do list!!! See you all at 6.30pm I would like to play if needed and if so would like to hitch hike a ride with you!! let me know... Judy

Greetings from The Organizer! [Arnold will play my role in the coming movie, Bridge Wars: The Return of Jacobi!, a billion dollar blockbuster this summer!]

Trust you will be feeling well enough to join us, Olly, but certainly understand that you need to wait and see. By my count, at this point, we should have enough for two tables but Naramata Goil probably won't arrive until 7:00 pm even though most others will try to be at 1185 Spiller Road by 6:30 pm. [Those living south of Naramata Road tend to be as slow as molasses, second only to some bidders who shall remain un-named, Josinta!] Judy Justicia will be car-pooling with Burns Street Bidders, [Bus leaves at 6:15 pm so plan arrival accordingly!], so we have room for two more hitchhikers, as of this writing.

Start looking for bridge prizes now, Jack Rabbit! Cheers, Patrizzio "The Organizer", armed with a stopwatch and bidding Taser!
Thanks for infor Patrick, sounds like I am included (yeah!!) so will be at your place for 615. cheers, Judy Hi Justicia! Great! See you on Wednesday. Cheers, Patrizzio!


I'm biking tomorrow but logistics difficult to meet you with bad weather forecast. I'll go down town as have lots to do and will bike to fit before MJ at 2pm. If weather okay/good Sat we could do Naramata road and Phil may come. Late am or early pm depend on weather. I wouldn't do more than about 2 hours but you could go on!! I'll call you Sat if you are interested. Let me know Gill

Hi Jack Rabbit! I'd be delighted to join you and Filipo, tomorrow, on Naramata Road. I gather there is the possibility of a light shower around 2:00 pm so it we leave earlier, late morning or so, we should be fine. We could rendezvous at Township 7. Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. All the best. You will probably see Lady Dar at Maj Jong tomorrow. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi Von Bingen! Thanks for truly marvellous clip! Wow! Fondestos from Lady Dar, just off to yoga, to you, Hildi! Cheers, Patrizzio!

I'm guessing the reason us guys wouldn't be able to accomplish this is that we wouldn't be able to focus on what we were doing if she was standing watching! Hi Big Al! Try making a golf shot looking at this clip! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick Thanks for your update--you are tough riding into the wind on a cool day.  Bravo!  I love your term hamster-cage outing.  I think my cycling at the gym is just that. I was disappointed to cancel the Lima trip--but alas I was too worried about the flooding etc.  Maybe Peru really isn't for me.  Now we are going to Mexico to see the Mayan ruins.  Hoping for the best. Off to a Diversity Committee meeting. Take care always. Give Duke and Etta a pet for us. Jo-Anne

Hi Diversity Woman! Thought you might enjoy this truly marvellous, rather frightening clip! Duke and Etta were racing around all morning but I see that Devil Boy has curled up on one of patio cushions just outside the the doors of my "office". I assume Miss Etta is in her "bed" in garage. They usually start their naps around this time. Fondestos from Lady Dar, just off to yoga, to you, Marps! Cheers, Patrizzio!


"Please ensure that repairs are complete before the end of June when The Canadian Freelaoder will be in town to inspect work. No beans, on menu, please!"

I knew that if I stuck with the message there would be a kernel of information to be found! And behold, I found it! We very much look forward to sharing our repaired smokeless home with the Okanagan freewheeler.  Details TBA!!!
We presume that our president will not have walled off the northern border and that you will feel comfortable here. Please note that California does NOT have concealed carry nor Stand Your Ground statutes, so you are unlikely to witness any typical American violence. I know you will be disappointed. Cactus
Hi Notes from The Dog House Canine! While you are whiling away your sentence, in your solitary confinement cell, thought you might enjoy this truly marvellous, rather frightening clip! Wow! More than enough violence, tooth and claw, for me! I gather smokies will loom large on the menu when The Freewheeling Freeloader makes the climb to the top of Old Smokey! Cheers, 
Patrizzio!

Hi Dick/Shannon! Trust you are both well! I'd like to make a number of changes to our coming wine order. Please substitute the 2 Oasis for 2 Pinot Gris and the Muscat for another Rosé. Trust this is fine. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Again, Dick/Shannon! If there are still spots available for the En-Primeur Barrel Tasting Event, Corinne and I would like to register for the tasting, either on Saturday May 20th, or Sunday May 21st. Either day is fine but would prefer Saturday, if possible. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick - thanks for the selection. We resume invoicing early next
week as we are in MExico right now. Cheers. Dick
Hola Tequilla People! I always thought your wine prices were a bit high and now I know why! Mexican sun and surf, Rhine River cruises! When are you going into space? Naramata vintner to start first Syrah plantings on Mars! At least we will be able to tell our grandchildren that we helped launch, so to speak, the 2040 Moondust Merlot! I will probably be cycling by your winery tomorrow so might take your absence as an opportunity to filch a couple of cases. If I can borrow a friend's pick-up, perhaps a barrel or two.

Cloudy, fairly heavy overcast, today so enjoy your sunshine while you can. Corinne is green with envy so I plan to raise her jealous spirits with a 2014 Phobia for dinner tonight. I'm having the 2015 Gewurtz for breakfast as I find it pairs exceedingly well with yogurt and granola!

Have fun as I'm sure I need not tell you. We have spent some wonderful holidays in Mexico. Most recently, about an hour north of Puerto Vallarta, in Guayabitos/La Peñita, where we rented a lovely house for two months. [That year we drove down from Vancouver.] Corinne would buy fresh shrimp from the fishermen at the south end of the crescent beach. Local wine selection was pretty limited but we stocked up at Costco when we collected visitors from airport in PV. All the best. Travel safely. See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patriçio, “We” will assess your computer situation when I visit. You are still sending *huge* images, which will choke the mail. Also, you may have filled up your allotted space on the UBC mail server.

You would be happier with MacMail - the interface (both the client and browser) is way better. Also, we should activate your iCloud account, and simply forward any UBC mail there.

Also, I can configure your iPhone to sync with your computer (contacts, mail, calendar …) so when you have just your iPhone you still have everyone’s contact info there. Branko Peric

Hi Glasgow! Trust all goes well and that you haven't had any traffic violations lately! Cheers, Patrizzio!

A London lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by an Scottish cop.
He thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is a lawyer from
LONDON and is certain that he has a better education than any Scottish
cop.  He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the
Scottish cop's expense!

Scottish cop says, "License and registration, please." London Lawyer says, "What for?" Scottish cop says, "Ye didnae come to a complete stop at the stop sign." London Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming." Scottish cop says, "Ye still didnae come to a complete stop.  License and registration, please" London Lawyer says, "What's the difference?"

Scottish cop says, "The difference is, ye huvte come to complete stop, that's the law.  License and registration, please!" London Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket." Scottish cop says, "Sounds fair.  Exit your vehicle, sir." The London Lawyer exits his vehicle.

The Scottish cop takes out his baton and starts beating the living shit out of the lawyer and says, "Daeye want me to stop or just slow down? "

 
I was speaking with a couple of ladies this morning and they recommended these two books: Fredrik Backman's ​A Man Called Ove and The Break by Katherena Vermette. Hi Dame Judith! Great suggestions indeed. I'd like to read both but, for my part, I think the latter as the Métis perspective would be a wonderful choice given the work of North Korean non-fiction we will discuss next. I picked up my copy of The Girl With Seven Names yesterday. I had ordered it on inter-library loan, last Saturday, so I was quite impressed with the service. If you want, I think you should suggest The Break at our next gathering. Cheers, Patrizzio! I will do that. I have started reading our next book.
Judi

Had another simply fabulous ride today, out to OK Falls. Left home at about 12:45 pm and stitched together many of the various mini-route components I have in my riding repertoire, [PTC/Lakeshore/Riverside Loop; Middle Upper & Lower Bench Loop; Skaha Park Loop], with run along Eastside to OK Falls and then Oliver Ranch Road, where I did two circuits of the Stag's Hollow Loop before returning to Penticton. Since the wind was out of the SSE, at between 15-17 kph, I planned my outing with this in mind, fighting it on outward bound leg, having it push me home when I was tired! Day was bright and sunny and even though a tad coolish, I was comfy as all get-out. Still a few large patches of thin, floating ice at the south end of Skaha, but lake is otherwise ice free Really pleased as it was longest ride, so far this year, and given the number of moderate climbs, a passable AVG. Map and Stats for ride: 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1636583435#.WNSwJmyPxxo.email

Since brevity is the soul of wit, I will be brief. Saw Bill Fleet, this week, I did. Cheers, DBJS Finally!  Cheers, Patrizzio!


No comments:

Post a Comment