Saturday 11 March 2017

Rugby Sevens Sin Bin Blues: Saturday, March 11th!

It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars. -Garrison Keillor, radio host and author (1942- ) 




March 17 bridge registration?? Patrick when are you doing this? They would like to know. Thanks Lady Dar Hello Lady Dar and Qualicum Beach Freeloaders!
Trust all goes well. Nice life hanging out at The Bench! I will be playing with Jos, Olga Polga with Pamela. I gather Michaelo doesn't have a partner as Phillipo said no. Is that correct? If so, submit these partnerships and ask organizer to pair Michaelo with someone. How are the kittens faring without their favourite. Fondestos to Chooch and Brunello. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick James Dunn When did The Qualicum Beach Freeloaders arrive? How was the Coquihalla?
Carol Riera
Carol Riera 1:00. Good except fifteen minutes of fog by merrit! You are missing a great night at the Dream Cafe! Fabulous seats. 😘
Bruno Sterckeman
Bruno Sterckeman Schnee mit fog on the connector

Great, we had a wonderful evening at dream. What is Olga's last name for registration? hugs, Lady Dar Hello Flamin' Who Never, Ever, Writes Anything Down Even When I tell Her Twice! Olga Polga's last name is "Egilson", Naramata Goil, "Webster", Josinta "Dronkers" and Michaelo "Wierzbicki". My last name is Etta-Duke Dunn! How were the Blue Hearts? I gather the seats were incredible!!! Has menu changed? Guess you'll have a house-full tonight.

Bench Babes!
[Carol Riera at The Bench Market. Penticton Retrouvailles! After 40 years! Ayn P Are you with my Mommy??? I am green with envy and I love her hat!!

Carol Riera
Carol Riera Yes I am! ]
Ragin' has very kindly offered to take me to bus depot tomorrow. I leave at 12:30 pm. What time do you suggest I be there? Have to check highway conditions. I trust, based on what Chooch mentioned, that there shouldn't be any problem with Coquihalla but conditions can change, of course.

Flamin' prepared a simply delicious pork roast, done with roasted vegetables and a lovely mixed green salad, topped with blueberries. I helped by peeling spuds and mashing them once done. We watched the two playoff curling matches after dinner and in case you don't know, poor Manitoba lost when Mike McEwen missed a double run-back attempt to give Team Canada's Kevin Koe a single point in the extra end. Rosita will be fussing for a long time as McEwan was ahead, 5/3, with the hammer in the 8th end. Instead of going for an easy one point draw with his last rock, (Sarge just shook his head when it became apparent what he planned to throw.), he attempted a very difficult shot, missed and left Kevin lying 1 to steal the end. Turning point which probably lead to final outcome. If McEwan had opted for the 6/3 lead, and scored the point, very, very difficult, if not impossible, at this level, for Koe to overcome spread and win! Anyway, Sarge said that Dusty and Clara won't have to worry about choosing to support Manitoba over Newfoundland now!

Have only heard from two in Book Club and 6:30 pm starting time seems fine so I assume others are in agreement. Hello to the vast array of Freeloaders, ones already at Burns, those yet to descend. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pics: What's left of UBC's former Aquatic Centre and outdoor pool; Stunning new complex. I went out on Friday afternoon to see Sara and Jo-Anne. Manicure and pedicures this past Friday evening. 

Hello Ricardo, et al! Sorry we didn't see you today. It was a great start to a wonderful series. Quite a crowd, compared to last year's event. Very encouraging to see the growing interest, of course. Rainy day so Sarge and I very much appreciated Flamin' dropping us off and collecting us later.
 
Marvelous malt tasting last night so I'm going home with two more bottles for my whisky cabinet. We'll probably be sitting with The Usual Suspects tomorrow so look forward to seeing you, and doing a bit of catching-up, at some point. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Readying the pitch; half-time between Canada and Scotland; Glasgow and Sir Andrew; Agony! More serious injuries, where players had to be helped off the field, than I've ever seen before.


Hello Pat (and Corinne) Sorry to make you feel like a spy haha. Was talking with Erika and she said she no longer had the list of contacts for our D.M.C.I. group. Thought I'd make a copy of mine and mail it to her, but Ron suggested he take a photo of it and email it to her, using my email address. He did so and decided, on his own, to send it to you too, since I mentioned to him that you were planning the August long week-end with Erika.

As for me sending out anything...hahaha...I, my friend, am NOT computer literate. I can do email, play solitaire, and google. That's it. Erika will send out the invitation to everyone, now that she has the list. By the way, I have already given a heads-up to Dave Barlow and to Geraldine (Pizey) Graham, so they know an invite will be coming soon. Keep well, and hopefully we will see you in August. Cheers! Andrea Hi Andrea!
Terrific that we'll see you in August! The way time seems to fly, the reunion will be here before we know it. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and The Great Ronaldo! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrice, Hope you had a great time at the dram comes true...hopefully but your hangover didn't come true! Here are a couple of clips from the tests I was doing the other day when we chatted that I thought you'd enjoy. take care and ttys.

Patriçio, I can drop you off at the station Monday if you like. Just let me know when you need to be there for your 12:30 departure. Branko
Hi Ragin'!

Thanks for confirming ride to bus depot. I should probably be there about 11:45 am, according to Lady Dar. However, I'll phone Greyhound tomorrow and find out more regarding pre-boarding procedures and let you know. Thanks again. Cheers, Il Conduttore!


Hi, all I have been maintaining some contact with Eldo Neufeld, whom many of you will fondly remember as Music Cataloguer for so many years. Eldo no longer communicates, and I get information from his daughter, Heidi, who lives in California. Sadly, Eldo's wife, Grace, passed away in February on Saltspring Island, where they were living for several years in a care facility. Another daughter lives on the island. Eldo, himself, is not at all well. He is 91, I believe. I will try to keep this list posted as to his condition. I hope all of you are well.
Sincerely Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment