Thursday 2 March 2017

Lady Dar's Endless Round of Meetings Blues: Thursday, March 2nd!

In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds. -Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer and orator (1833-1899)  
Rose and Assad in The Absent One
Hello, Corinne & Patrick!! I'm back in Japan now. It was absolutely great seeing you both in Penticton. And Chloe in Vancvouer. Thank you sooooo much for having me at your place. I saw the movie " LA LA LAND" Corinne recommended me!! It was great!

And I met and talked to Tony Robbins! My first official?! translator started in Whistler!! I'm going back to my home to see my mom next week. So I will send you photo with her! Thank you so much...I love Canada and I love you always,
Toshiko 


Hi Translator Toshi! Wonderful that things went so well in Whistler! Bravo, indeed! Congratulations and thanks for lovely snaps. Glad you are safely home! Lady Dar returned this past Wednesday, just in time to play bridge! We hosted two tables that night. I was worried she might not arrive at all or be quite late, as snow warning was out on the Coquihalla. Fortunately, for all concerned, bus was only about 20 minutes behind schedule so pretty good considering driving conditions. Etta and Duke were delighted to see her, of course.

Didn't take her long and she was back into the swing of things with various meetings of all sorts! Tomorrow she will be discharging her regular Friday volunteer duties on the Information Desk at Penticton General Hospital, from 8:00 am-12:00 noon and then playing Mah Jong from 2:00 pm-5:00pm afterwards. So she might as well still be away. Just me and the cats!
 
On Saturday we plan to go to the Home & Reno Show at the Penticton Trade & Convention Centre as Lady Dar had all sorts of ideas for changes to the house while at Falcon! I'm sure you won't recognize the place when you return with your darling Mom! Must away, dearest Toshi as I need to split some kindling. Thank you again for such a lovely visit. I think of you every day when I'm chopping vegetables with the wonderful knives you gave to us. Fondestos, Love and Cheers, to you, Toshi, and to your Mother, Tomiko! Take care of each other and enjoy your next visit to Osaka. All the best, Patrizzio! Pics: Taking a nap together, this afternoon.
 
Hi Pat and Corinne, I hope Clara has made a speedy recovery from her surgery with you as her nurse maid. I'm sure Dusty was thrilled to have you visit and help out. I mentioned to you that my sister, Debbie, and I will be up in your area on Sunday March 12th and would love to come for a visit. We'd like to do some wine tasting in your area and if you're interested in coming with us that would be great.

We are coming up to visit my Mom for her birthday on Friday and Saturday and thought perhaps it would be nice to stop in and visit with you for one night, if you are available. I thought it might be good for Deb to get out of town while her daughter, Megan, is away on her choir trip to England. Perhaps, we can even introduce her to a bit of bridge. I think she had one lesson years ago and was interested in trying it again. I hope both of you are well and look forward to hearing from you. Ruth


Hi Ruth, I just got home from my travels. Would love to see you and Debbie.
There is a limited number of wineries open but enough to get in some tasting.
Unfortunately Patrick will be in Vancouver. Look forward to spending time with you two, Love Corinne 


Hi Ruthless and Dancin' Deb! Absolutely delighted that you will be visiting BUT absolutely devastated that I won't be here to chaperone The Sisterhood! I know that Lady Dar has already replied and has since been planning your wine-tasting itinerary. I'll ask her to contact one of our bridge group so that you can give Double-that-Bid-Deb her second lesson. Enjoy your visit and please pass along Birthday Greetings and Congratulations to your Mom. Hello to the Very, Very Special Grumpoid! Fondestos to you both. Take care of each other. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi James! Really enjoyed the "Vicar of Dibley" Night so thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Vicar! Hi Old Farts, The ski season moves along and I still need to wring some value out of my Mount Baldy season’s pass. So, I am suggesting a downhill ski day this coming Wednesday, March 8th. We will: -meet at Home Hardware north parking lot at 0800 (yes, earlier than usual); Summerlanders at 0740 at IGA parking lot in S’land. -carpool and make our way to Mount Baldy Ski Area. -ski away the day. We might even meet inside for lunch. -return home, tired and happy! Are you interested? Please let me know so we can see how many we have interested. Cheers, Jim By the way, I am assuming that we will still have a snowshoe outing the next day, Thursday, March 9th. I will get that info out in a day or two.

Thank you for hosting Patrick and Corinne last night. Too bad I missed the door prize ritual. Next week I have to miss, but will be ready for the tournament. Hope to see everybody at this fun event. Jos

No comments:

Post a Comment