Wednesday 22 March 2017

Olga Polga and the Summeria House of Cards: Wednesday, March 22nd!

A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat. -Louis L'Amour, novelist (22 Mar 1908-1988)



Hi Patrice, Read your email over a couple days and started response on Monday morning, Lol so here we are at Wednesday and hopefully can wrap it up and send this time.

Sorry for tardy response but just a busy weekend with a dinner at browns social house on in the new brewery district in Sapperton on Friday night after work with Sharon and Craig who we hadn't seen in a long time. A very pleasant visit with lots of catching up, Craig recently took a buyout from his partner of 18 years at Remax in Metrotown which has some 300 Realtors under their scrutiny. they had nice holiday in Hawaii to celebrate and Craig bought Sharon a Volkswagen convertible so obviously did o.k. or just having a blaze of spending fury before it's all gone!.

Been working at at Golden Ears park all week and will be there for another week and a half. It is a beautiful location and although a bit of a drive out there I am thoroughly enjoying it as it is a big gag with a lot of car wrecks and has pretty much landed on my shoulders to make happen. I have had the time to refine the equipment and have the benefit of the years of experience to guide me along . I have a great bunch of motivated people at my disposal as well and the people who hired me are very happy with results so far so all in all, knock on wood things are good. Funny I just glanced at the date and realize it is the 23rd anniversary of john Thomas's passing the man who gave me my start in the business and challenged me to dig deep and try be the best I could possibly be. He was a great influence and I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to know and work for him.

I will get a breather after this as all the big gags will be done and it will be cleaning up and organizing so look forward to that and a mental and physical break. I look forward to getting together with you guys in May for sure if not before and will be glad to build your wood rack..perhaps a visit and a mulling over the design with a glass of scotch is in order!.

I have attached a couple links to the latest tests of the flipper / ratchet combo and will get in touch soon. Love to Corrine and yourself and talk soon Cheers, Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGL86W8L3xw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBwu4tE2PQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz40-qceOmg


Hi Patrice, Guess I had a couple things set to private on my youtube so that's why they wouldn't play..should be resolved now so please try again. Cheers, Al

Hi Special Effects Impressario! Great vids but I felt sorry for the poor van! Vehicle could win a figure skating Gold with all the triple/quadruple flips!!! Thanks for agreeing to assemble the firewood rack. Lady Dar insists it be made out of rare, space-age metals! I suspect she wants to hack off pieces to have made into jewelry! Take care of each other. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Are you back home? Terrible time in London, as I write! 


Hi Kids! Trust everyone is well. Glad you enjoyed the card Kjell, but I didn't have my Guinness until following Sunday. We are hoping/planning a Grand VI Tour after the VWF in October, 17th-22nd, so hope to see Jane then, if you are at home, Beachcomber Woman! Two tables of bridge in Summeria this evening. Fondestos from Lady Dar, off with her Flatlanders. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Lady Dar very kindly boiled me two eggs for breakfast before she left to meet The Flatlanders. I caught up on email and around noon I split more kindling. Some of the wood I had stacked on the front patio was perfect for this so after I'd filled a large tub and re-stacked the small sticks, I was ready to go for my ride. By the time I'd suited up and corralled Duke and Etta in the Rumpus Room it was close to 12:30 pm. I had planned to make for OK Falls after a quick PTC/Lakefront/Riverside/Power Loop but once I'd gauged the force of the wind, (Penticton Airport reported it out of the S at between 34-39 kph, gusting between 44-50 kph, over the time I rode.), I decided I'd cut my losses by making it a hamster cage outing. 

This being the case I continued on the above mentioned loop until I'd logged 26 km, (half my desired distance), and then I introduced a mini-loop into the larger circuit by taking Dynes Ave back to Riverside and thence onto Lakefront to repeat this circuit until I'd clocked 34 km, two thirds of the day's distance. From there on in I did the larger loop once or twice but concentrated on the loop within a loop as I was far more protected from the ferocious wind by so doing. With 47 km on the odometre I made for PTC and had an AVG of 20.8 kph when I started up Ellis. Thought I'd drop a considerable amount as the wind was howling right into my face as I laboured up the slight grade towards home. Pleased, however, to note that I registered an AVG of 20.7 kph when I pulled up outside the garage door. Not a terribly exciting ride or a notable  AVG but I was simply happy that the day was dry as an earlier forecast had suggested rain. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1634893968#.WNMAaadUGew.email


Hi from Gill, I'm coming on my own tonight as Phil under the weather with cold. Hope that's okay for me to get a lift as I'm not too good driving at night - I'll negotiate the hill to your place!! That's fine,see you soon Corinne 

Yes, I will do a visit to Vernon sometime between June and August. Thanks for the invite. Do you have any travel plans in the next while? See you in the summer or autumn. Cheers, Lynette Hi again, Lynette! I'll be away towards the last week of June as I'm driving down to LA for Alexander's wedding. Lady Dar is flying so she'll be home until the beginning of July, back a week or so later. I won't return to Penticton until Monday, July 17th as I will attend the Vancouver Folk Fest before heading home. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrizio, You are certainly an amazing fellow with all that bike riding and bridge. Keep up the good works. Someday, you will certainly pass me on bridge skills. As for the bike riding, I’ll never catch up to you. Will keep you posted. Charlie PS Flickr photos are great. Hi again, Bridge Whiz!! Glad you enjoyed the Flickr album. Loads of fun. Hope you are feeling a tad better, at the very least.
Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hey Pat, As I write, I'm saddened to hear about the latest terrorist attack in London. My father was born in London, and used to walk over London Bridge to get to school. He and his family emigrated to Canada when he was still just a teenager. He and my mother made me a person in 1949. I'm glad to hear you're still wheeling and dealing there in the beautiful town of Pen-Teek-Ton, B.C.. Here's some photos of Sally, Kaitlyn, Scott, Travis, and Kellan taken last Sunday, while we all got together to celebrate baby Kellan's first month of life.

Hi again, London Bridge is falling Down! Couldn't agree more with you about recent attack there. City is one of my favourites and I simply love wandering around. Same goes for Paris, on both counts, latter having experienced similar terrorist violence, sadly. On a happier note, thanks for sending along snaps but unfortunately, couldn't open any of them. Same was true for last photos you sent. Can you try to resend in a different format? Fondestos to you and your Gal Sal! Cheers, Patrizzio!




No comments:

Post a Comment