Tuesday 7 March 2017

Pack Up My Duds in My Old Kitbag Blues: Tuesday, March 7th!

Nature's laws affirm instead of prohibit. If you violate her laws, you are your own prosecuting attorney, judge, jury, and hangman. -Luther Burbank, horticulturist (7 Mar 1849-1926)


Although I didn't hit the hay until about 12:45 am, last night, after collecting The Naramatians at the airport, [AC 8356 was actually 15 minutes ahead of schedule and I only did on loop before the Shivering Floridians walked out of the terminal!], and taking them home, I was up at 6:30 am when Duke and Etta began agitating for human interaction! Let them out before zapping my java and preparing their food so it would be ready when they popped back in for feeding time at the zoo! Number of errands to run today, to ready myself for coming Vancouver junket and then needs must pack my bag as bus leaves at 6:30 am!

[Gloomy Spanish Banks (on the way home] Hi Blizzard Folk! Sounds as if you are living in Antarctica! At least you can use your truffle hounds to help pay for renos! Just to clarify, how long will you and Dancin' Deb be staying? I only mention this inasmuch as you ended your missive by saying you would see me this coming Monday. Bus doesn't arrive in Penticton until just after 6:00 pm that evening, all going well, so if you planned to leave earlier in the day, our paths wouldn't cross. However, if you are staying that night as well, that would be terrific! Can catch up over bridge lessons and wine-tasting! I do hope it is the latter as I'd be delighted to see you both.

With respect to our own renos, I'll let Lady Dar fill you in on her plans! I think her ideas are terrific and I certainly endorse and like them but I feel there are a number of other important "infrastructure" upgrades we need to pursue before embarking on further "cosmetic" changes. The kitchen is functional and reasonably efficient, as it is, so on-demand hot water and some electrical re-wiring, (Where is Dusty when you really need him! This just reminds us how very, very much we came to depend upon him!), are my top priorities. Budget is also an issue but Lady Dar has never been one to worry about such trivial matters!

You ask some interesting questions about the vodka! I'm wondering if it was a conscious, though extreme decision in this particular case, on the part of the distillery, inasmuch, as I know that most alcohol regulations base excise tax on % of alcohol. Given how this % is determined, there is usually "some" leeway with respect to wine, a % point +/-, and we know, from chats with various winemakers, that they often report lower levels to put a given product in a lower tax bracket. Just like income tax! Anyway, let us know about stay and we'll plan accordingly. Hello to our Favourite Grumpoid! Fondestos from Lady Dar, still abed! Cheers, Patrizzio!Pics: Her firewood! Before and after!

Thanks Patrick, that is my plan to talk to Phil tomorrow. Actually I've sent him an email, but he didn't respond yet. See you next time, and have fun out there.
Cheers. Mike
Hi Michaelo! Buona Fortuna with bridge tomorrow evening. Hope Fast Fillipo is able to partner with you as it would be a Groźny Zespołu! Fondestos to Mariolla. Take care of yourself, bid well, win all the prizes! Onward! Fight!! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Shanghai Bound Folk! How exciting! I'm quite green with envy! Seriously, I'd love to be going on such a trip! What a terrific opportunity for everyone, especially Damian and Corben. I was always head-over-heels, as a child, when we travelled back and forth to Canada from Cyprus, on leave. Talk about time marching on! Blink your eyes and it is 60 years later! Yes, let's do plan your visit to Penticton. Biking, wine-tasting and more! Anyway, have a wonderful, wonderful time in China. Travel safely and take care of each other. Fondestos from Lady Dar, to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Randall Trust you are well. Haven't heard from you since you replied to Lady Dar back in early December. How go your projects in Taiwan and Japan?

Unfortunately, for me, I will miss two sets of friends who will be staying here while I'm away. Choocherainian and Brunello, (aka Carol and Bruno), from Qualicum Beach, (just half an hour from Grogg and Lurch in Parksville, on VI), en route to Kelowna and Ruth Toews and her sister, Deb, back from Kelowna, on Sunday, after celebrating their Mom's 80th birthday. 


Lady Dar will be performing the marriage ceremony for Leah, their eldest, this August, at their wonderful cabin on Little Shuswap. Wedding and reception will actually take place at Quaaout Lodge on the native band reservation there, but I know we'll be spending loads of time at cabin, swimming, boating, playing bridge and drinking wine! We'll be staying at the Lodge as Ricardo and Little White will have a houseful, as you can imagine! Anyway, let us know when we can expect you, Jet-Setter! Travel safely and take care of yourself. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Joltin' Jim! Sorry for leaving this so late but I'd like to join the film gathering this evening. Thanks, Patrizzio!

DMCI 1965 manual database Here is A PICTURE OF the paper info we recd. RE THE LAST REUNION and manually updated. enjoy !Oops.Sent to incorrect address. This is the latest info we have on our 1965 class.
Hello Fellow classmates!Thanks for reunion contacts, Andrea. I feel like a spy, receiving filmed copies of secret documents! Will you be sending out a message shortly, outlining some of the things Erika and I chatted about earlier? Sweet
Fondestos to The Sisterhood and best wishes to The Great Ronaldo. Take care of yourselves. Chat soon, I trust. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patriçio, I have a med check at 11:30 mañana, so my cell will be off 11:30 - 12:30.  It will still take texts and messages.  Did you get that beard trim and haircut?  Juno is expecting a suave gentleman! Branko

Hi Ragin'! No, I'm sporting the Wild Man of Borneo look as Mark the Barber was unable to take me today. The shop was closed for most of last week. Might need to visit Dino at Economy Barbershop on West Boulevard if Juno rejects me!

Great snapolas of Dog Heaven and Spanish Banks. Moody Blues indeed! I guess we probably won't be riding the newly improved Arbutus Corridor! Just have to hope there isn't an earthquake to make matters really difficult!

Unless dottore plans to do a bit of exploratory surgery, I'll expect to see you circling outside Bus Terminale at around 1:30 pm, domani while Juno rolls out the red carpet! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Dog Heaven, no lack of squirrels








No comments:

Post a Comment