Thursday 9 March 2017

From Closed Seawall to Elliptical Bridge Blues: Thursday, March 9th!

If you've got a religious belief that withers in the face of observations of the natural world, you ought to rethink your beliefs -- rethinking the world isn't an option. -PZ Myers, biology professor (b. 9 Mar 1957)


Hello My Darling Ruthless! Couldn't be happier to hear you will stay over Monday night! Bridge is on but you three will probably be too juiced to play after spending all day wine-tasting! At any rate, delighted I'll have a chance to catch up with both of you! Must away as I want to head over to FCCC to use the elliptical before I set out to see a number of friends this afternoon. Hello to Ricardo. Travel safely and we'll see you on Monday. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Juno and dinner, last night.

Hi Patrick, We were going to head home on Monday, but since you're arriving on Monday, we thought that it would be nice to hang around and have one night with you, too. Debbie just has to be back by Tuesday to pick up Megan from the airport in the evening. We would love to spend an extra night if the Burns Street Hotel can accommodate us. It's always hard to turn down bridge and wine-tasting with such excellent company. We look forward to enjoying a winter visit with you in Penticton. Ruth

Happy travels for all of us is good. I hope the bare roads continue. I'm sorry to hear about Branko. You are a good friend to offer to help out. Some people just get frozen in a time lock mired by dread and they need a jump start to turn their in- action into something meaningful. However, the trick is knowing what might help him before he spirals further into depression and ill-health. I certainly hope he can find a solution to his problems. It's so hard to watch someone in such hardship. Ruth P.S. Cheers to Bridge and Wine-Tasting in the near future! 

Hello My Darling Unhappy Cat Owner! I told you that the kittens would miss me terribly, especially my favourite girl! She is simply telling you how she feels! Scoop in behind the work bench, on top of a large bag of plastic bags. Glad march went well. How was Spiller bridge? Not sure if you had a note from Ruth but she and Deb are planning to stay over on Monday night! Ragin' collected me and ust like Sir James, he was late. Have arranged to see both Gisela and Janet later this afternoon. Fondestos to Bad Girl Etta and and Always Bad Boy Duke. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hmm.. just realized kitchen stove is on the 16th 😔 Thoughts please Hello Bibliomaniacs! I have been planning to send out another notice regarding the Book Club on Thursday, March 16th. Initially, we had decided we would meet at 6:00 pm to start with the pot-luck. However, before I was able to do so, ever vigilant Albariña reminded me that the PAG Kitchen Stove film is showing that same day. Lady Dar and I have tickets for the 4:00 pm screening so I suggest that we start our gathering at 6:30 pm. The running time for Julieta is 99 minutes so starting at 6:30 pm should give any of those people attending this showing time enough to be at our place. However, for anyone with tickets for the 7:00 pm showing, you will have to decide if you will choose Pedro AlmadÓvar over Lisa Moore or change your tickets for the earlier time. I trust everyone will still be able to attend Book Club but please let me know, if not, since we might need to adjust the menu. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

I'm pretty sure it was Duke that peed. Just did a great yoga class. Off to do errands. Branco sounds sad. Not enjoying life is so difficult. Enjoy bridge love to all, C Hi Bridge nite same, Did two marches for international Women's Day. Cats not impressed with the coming and going. Quiet day tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to. Enjoy your bridge! Greetings to Janet and Branko. Love
Lady Dar

Hi Patrice, left you a phone message too. Anyway I got your message last night but not sure when you left it. are you in town still?. I am working but could maybe meet up for a lunch or something. Give me a shout on my cell. Cheers, Al

Hi, Thanks for calling. I left your phone number at home so I'm hoping that you are online while you're in Vancouver. Would you like to come to our place for dinner on Friday? Talk soon. Sara

Greetings to all: It is nice to be back and be hiking again. I hear that Aart and Tony did a splendid job planning, organising and leading the hikes. On behalf of everybody, Aart and Tony, THANK YOU! Further to that, Tony made a suggestion and an offer to lead this hike as well. The offer is gratefully accepted. All I am doing is sending out this notice. Meeting place - as usual, Pent. HH at 9:00 Destination - the Fire Mt again, but unlike the last time, now we will head up from the SE side It is a Monday hike, which means short and easy!!! Refreshments at a place of our choosing No need to reply, just show up. Al 


No comments:

Post a Comment