Sunday 5 March 2017

Home and Reno Show Blues: Sunday, March 5th!

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)




Hello Bridge Fiends! This coming Thursday's game is set in ice, [Given your abominable weather!], now. We will convene around 5:00 pm, +/-, at The Penguin's Igloo. I plan on bringing walrus blubber and seal flippers for appetizers. Trust these are choice delicacies for all concerned! Look forward to seeing everyone. Cheers, Patrizzio! Morning Patrick, How many people are coming? What kind of appetizers should I bring or could I bring desert. Ed Hi Fast Eddy! A dessert for five people would be fabulous. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick and the bridge friends, We are still in Calgary, but planning to be back on Monday. At this moment I might be available for the Wednesday's game.
Also, I would like to join the group playing in GFA fund-raiser if someone wants to partner with me. Cheers for now. Mike Gil and Phil are hosting Bridge at 7 pm on Wednesday. Who is available to play? Cheers Corinne

 
Hi Champagne! Ragin' is going to collect me when I arrive as bus depot and he has suggested a pub session at some local brewery, afterwards. I was wondering if you would like to meet, thereabouts. We could also drive to your place if that is more convenient. Will let you decide. Look forward to seeing you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrizzio, Getting more tests this week - calling dr's office tomorrow to find out when hopefully. Better for us to meet wherever you're at after lunch and we can meet you down there. I know you want to see many folk, but won't really know until tomorrow. So maybe tentatively you (and Sarge) set the time and place and we'll make it happen. Charlie

Hi again, Champagne! Okay, I'll contact Ragin', (not Sarge who will pick me-up), and see what his preference is. Otherwise we can wait until you know what your schedule is. Once you know when your tests will take place, I'll plan accordingly. Thursday and Friday, during most of the day, I'm also free, as of this writing. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Sarge! Trust everyone is well. I gather you have more snow! Look forward to seeing you both on Wednesday!  Ragin' is collecting me from the bus depot. When will you be at home? Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Tropical Floridians! You might wish to extend your warmer clime stay as it started snowing this morning, around 10:00 pm and has continued ever since! Isn't sticking on the road but sidewalks ad yards are blanketed, so far! You'll be delighted to know that your driveway was completely snow-free, when I cycled by yesterday, but I'm not sure what next few days will hold! Look forward to seeing you both on Monday night, just before the Witching Hour! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: My kind of cask strength! 

Hi Patrick and the bridge friends, We are still in Calgary, but planning to be back on Monday. At this moment I might be available for the Wednesday's game.
Also, I would like to join the group playing in GFA fund-raiser if someone wants to partner with me. Cheers for now. Mike
Hi Michaelo! Glad you are interested in playing in the GFA event. So far, I'm partnering with Josinta, Naramata Goil with Olga Polga. You might ask either Phillipo or Gilliana, on Wednesday, at their place, as they are hosting this coming week. I'm sorry to miss seeing you as I'll be in Vancouver next week but will be back on Monday. Hope to connect for bridge on the following Wednesday. Guess location will be decided this coming Wednesday.

If you cannot find a partner I'll submit your name and coordinator will pair you up. Are none of your other bridge friends interested? Lots of fun for a good cause. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Hi Pat, Yes, we were so sorry to hear that you were unavailable. I'm sure you'll be having lots of fun at the Rugby Event in Vancouver. Niki and Nigel will also be there with a bunch of their friends. Hopefully, we'll be able to get together in the Spring. Have a great weekend! Ruth
! Hello Squamish Waldorfians! Trust you are both well. Is it snowing at your place?

Once Lady Dar was back from this morning's church service, we did take a look at the Home & Reno Show at the Penticton Trade & Convention Centre. Made a couple of good connections with a plumbing and heating outfit. We are planning to bring in a gas line this spring to facilitate hot water-on-demand and so need a contractor to do hook ups, etc. Also need to do a bit of electrical up-grading and this company will do both sets of work. Aaron, chap we spoke with, will come out next week to give us an estimate for work so we'll have a better idea of costs, timing, etc.

On a "decorating" matter talked to Stuart, of Back Alley Furniture, someone we've seen many times at the Farmer's Market. He had a very attractive table, using an old sewing machine stand, as one of his display items. I inherited Annie's mother's Singer so we are thinking of having it converted into something more usable but still wish to keep its history, more or less, intact. Stuart said it we provide the unit it would be around $200, +/-, depending on surface for table top. In the meantime, we'll "argue" about where to use it, once changed, take some measurements and then provide a picture of unit to show to him at one of the coming markets. Could also send him a picture, of course, as we have his email address.

I'll keep an eye out for Niki and Nigel. Enjoy your time with Lady Dar and Etta and Duke! Must away as I needs must put another log on the fire to keep Lady Dar cosy! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics:
My kind of cask strength! Vodka recalled for having too much alcohol in it. A batch of Georgian Bay vodka contains 81 per cent alcohol, not 40 per cent as the label says. Sewing machine table; If I win this chopper I'm riding to California for Alejandro's wedding, in early July!

YES Patrick it is snowing on and off, but not sticking, the snow flakes are as big as golf balls. But very wet. I have not been out yet, as it is cozy at home. Well you and Corinne sure have a busy life. That is so important, and be able to do what you like to do and enjoy. As I mentioned before, the Okanagan is a beautiful place and you have settle in completely. So much to do in that most gorgeous country side. I envy you. Not much news here at the moment, life is a quiet one until clued again for baby sitting and some volunteer for the opera and Symphony. Have to go out for a walk in a while, to breath some fresh wet cold air ah ha.. Take care always Gisela 

Hi Snow-woman! Although it's frosty, the snow really didn't stick here. Not sure if I mentioned that I'm busing into Vancouver on Wednesday until the following Monday. Will be a very busy time as I'm playing bridge on Thursday evening with friends I used to play squash with. Friday is A Dram Come True, a whiskey-tasting fund raiser for the Vancouver Writers Festival at Performance Works, on Granville Island. Lady Dar and I have volunteered for the festival for many years, although I missed it this past October as a result of my hip-replacement. Both Saturday and Sunday I will be at the Sevens Rugby, at BC Place, again, with quite a few friends from squash circle.  

If you are around, during the day, on Thursday or Friday, perhaps we could arrange to have a coffee somewhere. I will be staying with close friends, at Harbour Terrace, across from Granville Island, where we lived before we moved to Penticton. Must away as I need to do a few chores before I think about transfering firewood from the south side of the house, where it has been curing for almost two years, to a spot near our front door, the easier for Lady Dar when she needs more fuel for the fireplace. This past Fall/Winter we used all the wood I was fortunate enough to obtain from friends who live on a large acreage on Spiller Road, up above Naramata Road, so their view of Okanagan Lake is simply spectacular. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: View from Spiller and firewood, at back of our house, this past September! Yesterday! Where wood from side of house will go, at some point! Etta and Duke "supervising" while I was chopping kindling this afternoon, from the roof of our neighbour's low garage roof.


Hi All, Here is info regarding the upcoming Thursday snowshoe. We will: -meet at 0900 at Home hardware north parking lot in P’ton (0840 at IGA in Summerland) -carpool and head past Apex to the nickel Plate area -park somewhere in the area near the old cemetery and snowshoe around or up and down a couple of the hills in the area (Near the mine) -gather for coffee and debriefing at a location to be decided.
Are you interested? If so, give me a nod and let me know. I look forward to seeing a few of you. One more thing… I will be away for Thursday, march 16th, so I will be looking for someone to send out the message and lead the troops. If you are able to help me with this, let me know. Cheers, Jim




2013 Poplar Grove Cabbage, 13% for dinenr with steaks!



No comments:

Post a Comment