Wednesday 15 March 2017

Rolly Polly Pre-GFA Fund Raiser Bidding Practice Blues: Wednesday, March 15th!

Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. -Ben Okri, poet and novelist (b. 15 Mar 1959)


Hi Patrick, I will give you a call tonight to coordinate Fridays transportation. Off to Apex for the day, looking forward to Fridays event Jos Hello Apex People! Have a grand day on the slopes. As you know, we'll be playing bridge here this evening so you can call anytime and 'dummy" will answer the phone! I'm looking forward to Friday's event as well. Chat later. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Had to sit for an executive photo, came out alright :) Love to all xoxo Hi Tinsel Town High Powered Executive! Grand picture indeed! Very professional but very sultry at same time. Guess you'll be know as Mata Hari from now on!!!

Fondestos to you, Life at the Top Exec! Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio!
 
Hello February Fans! Have not had any nay sayers for tomorrow at 6:30 pm so we will meet then and proceed to enjoy the pot-luck while discussing, amicably, I trust, Lisa Moore's novel. See you then. Cheers, Patrizzio! See you there. Judi

Hi Big Al! Really enjoyed the two clips you sent along. Second message didn't have any attachment and compilation couldn't be viewed when I first received link. Worked today. Too bad you don't have Big Blue anymore as I'd love to have seen it being flipped, over and over again! Sorry we were not able to connect but I must admit, it was a whirlwind tour, jam-packed almost every moment of each day.
 
Lady Dar is out with Her Flatlanders this morning and then luncheon, with group, afterwards. Dave, from GLE Plumbing & Heating, was just by to give us an estimate for installation of hot-water-on demand and some electrical upgrades. (We talked to Aaron, the company owner at the Home & Reno Show a few weeks ago.) We still have to arrange to have Fortis come by to iron out details of bringing gas to house but want to have a better idea of everything involved for our own budgeting purposes. Where is Mr Fixit/Stanchion Man when you really need him?

In that vein, attached are a couple of shots of where I'd like the firewood rack to go. I think about 4' long, 15" deep and 28" high, so that top will be under window. You will know best, but a fairly simple structure only needing two, perhaps three, upright struts on each end as wood will be against brick wall at the back. Of course, depending on Lady Dar's edict, will most likely put frame around the side of house during summer, etc. On the other hand, we could use it for wine storage when not filled with firewood so will need you to fabricate a false front to disguise this fact from passersby! Obviously, not a priority, especially since I know how very busy you are.

Must away as I have to do a whole host of chores to ready house for bridge this evening. Unfortunately, light rain all day so will probably use stationary bike for an hour or so. Fondestos to you, Big Al, and to my Duhlink Marilyn! Cheers, Patrizzio, from Scullion to Elite Soccer Coach in the twinkling of a cat's eye!

Pics: Overpriced, grumpy chauffeur; Deb and Ruth before they left Tuesday morning. Note remaining firewood from load I scrounged in September! Kindling I scrounged from renos hiking/bridge friend, Pamela, and her husband, Bill, were doing on their house in Naramata. Scrap lumber was probably 80 years, or more, old, so fabulous for kindling. You just rub your hands together and it bursts into flame! Used my skill saw to cut it up into usable lengths and stored them in the wheeled bins we bought, for garbage and recycling, when we moved in. Penticton changed waste system this Fall so they now make perfect storage containers! When I need more kindling, I just use a small hatchet to split the pieces I cut earlier. Empty space on front deck and then load I put in front for Lady Dar while away last week.
Firewood space, this morning, when I took measurements.

Hi Patrick, Thanks very much for hosting Bridge tonight and for the dinner invitation. I will have dinner at home so I will see you shortly before 7 tonight. As for the Bridge tournament, thank you very much for registering me. Regarding the registration fee...do I reimburse you or do I pay on Friday at the event? See you tonight. Hi Dinner-at-Home Goil! Lady Dar actually forwarded our names to contact person so I'll thank her on your behalf. There is no registration fee, as such, but it is $20 for event itself, as it is a fund-raiser for GFA. We'll all pay when we arrive. Includes lunch so don't eat after tonight! There will be overlefts, I'm sure, this evening, in case you are still hungry. If you were planning to bring a bottle, please don't as I will open the one, red, you brought a couple of weeks ago, not the Black Hills white. I'll save that until both Bill and Lady Dar are busy, elsewhere, and there are just the two of us! See you this evening. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thank you Patrick, you convinced me. On another topic, is still possible to register a person for the tournament? I am trying to persuade my friend to attend with me. What time does it start and for how long it goes? Cheers. Mike Hi Patrick, well, it turned out my to be partner is quite busy right now because his mom is in a hospital, so it looks like I will attend solo. And I found your info about the tournament, so don't worry. See you tonight. Cheers, Mike Hi Michaelo! Sorry your friend could not team up with you but I'm sure it will be fun to play with someone new as well. Glad I convinced you to join us for dinner and bridge! See yout his evening. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrizzio, I'm feeling well enough to come into town today for physiotherapy so I'm going to say yes to both dinner and bridge afterwards. Thanks for the invite to dinner and the lasagna and salad combo sound delicious! I'll be
finished physiotherapy and gassing up the car by 5 pm then plan to head on over. See you soon, Olly I just came home, and was wondering if there is still room for another bridge mania to practice her skills and have some fun tonight? Jos H PatricK, I have changed my mind and will join you for dinner. I will bring cookies for dessert. See you in mere moments:) Pamela



Hi Patrick, Many thanks for your donation to the Heart & Stroke Foundation! The good news is that donations made later in February have been matched so your donation has double the effect. The Foundation supports a range of programmes, from research to education, and reaches practitioners, patients, and the public. Your donation will enable the Foundation to continue its work on all these fronts. It will make a difference in what Canadians know about, including prevention, and how they are treated for heart conditions and strokes.

I have generous friends so it is quite satisfying campaigning for the Foundation. I generated more in contributions this year than last, even before the matching amount was applied. Sure appreciate the support. You can expect me to be in touch again in the 2018 campaign.

Imagine we will be seeing you at Corrine & Jocelyn’s class reunion. If not, it will be during the annual migration through Naramata & Penticton in the fall – we are becoming quite addicted! Look forward to catching up sometime soon. We attended an old UBC librarians’ lunch yesterday at Athene’s. You would have fit right in. Don Dennis, Pete Edgar, Matt Hartmann, Bill Watson, Ture Eriksen, Leah Gordon, Nadine Baldwin, Tom Shorthouse – all doing not badly at all, although Bill Watson is definitely looking older, but guess he is, not that we aren’t getting on ourselves. If you want a print copy of Tom’s Golden Scrapbook with index done by Jack Macintosh, the Library is printing and sending out 100 copies; request from Jasmine.devonshire@ubc.ca Thanks! Jim


Hi Matt and James! Thanks for the update on Eldo, Matt. I haven't seen Eldo since 2004, I believe. I was at the bottom of the UBC Hill, on Marine Drive, and so was he. We had a good chat and I hoped we'd bump into each other again, on future rides. Was not to be. Please pass along my regards if you have the opportunity.

Funnily enough, I was in Vancouver last week for the VWF Dram Come True, malt whisky tasting on Friday, and Rugby Sevens, Saturday and Sunday. At any rate, I went out to UBC to see Sara McGillvray and Jo-Anne Naslund, and happened to bump into Janice and Jack near the entrance to the Learning Centre. Turned out they were there to meet with Stompin' Tom regarding indexing of The Golden Scrapbook. Also met Jasmine whom I didn't know. Lea Starr and Doug Brigham, (Who was once a famous or infamous Stackette!), happened along with Sheldon Armstrong, so I was introduced. Anyway, lovely if brief visit.

Glad your fund-raising effort went well, James. Look forward to seeing you at LS reunion in May. When are you planning to visit the Okanagan, Matt? Come on up when Jocelyn and Jim are and we'll have a Library reunion! Must away as the sun is shining brightly and I plan to ride to OK Falls. All the best to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!




No comments:

Post a Comment