Saturday 4 March 2017

Chute Lake Cattle Guard Blues: Saturday, March 4th!

Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which cannot exist when I do? -Epicurus, philosopher (c. 341-270 BCE)


Vodka recalled for having too much alcohol in it
. A batch of Georgian Bay vodka contains 81 per cent alcohol, not 40 per cent as the label says. 

Hi again. Maybe we should make it a bit earlier. Not sure what time others can make it. I could be ready at 5 as I start work early. Let me know. Janet Hello Early Bird Bidders! Starting at 5:00 pm is just fine with me and, I assume Ragin' Bull and his Bullette! I'll let Fast Eddy know but we'll proceed as stated. Bye the bye, Janet, Lady Dar is making turkey meatloaf for tonight's dinner. We are off to the Home & Reno Show, here in beautiful downtown Pentciton, this morning so must away to ready myself. Cheers, Patrizzio/Il Conduttore! 

Hi Fast Eddy! Thanks for good wishes regarding move. Think it really was the right decision for us, in so many ways. At any rate, do hope you've cleared your schedule and can join us. Janet provided the following details. We will gather at 5:00 pm but don't worry if you can't be there at that precise time. It is also a pot-luck but most of the menu items have already been covered. If you want, a small appetizer would certainly be appreciated but not a big deal, one way or another. Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! OK ..I'm in Thanks

Hello Summerland Activists! This just in from my friend, Liisa Tella, a retired, special law librarian. I trust this is of some help. Just back from a round of wine-tasting at Upper Bench and Township 7. Wanted to pick up some more of UB's Chardonnay and taste the new vintage release of T7's Sauvignon Blanc. Had wonderful tastings and chats at both wineries. Trevor, Manager at Township 7, is a most interesting chap and we spent about half an hour talking at the tasting counter.

Earlier, Lady Dar was at a church related seminar at the Blue Church, (Where we will partner in bridge, Josinta!), from 9:00 am-2:00 pm. I took advantage of the glorious day to go for an exhilarating ride out towards Chute Lake, but only going as far as the first cattle guard. Funnily enough, on the return jog who should I see but Fillipo and Jack Rabbit Slims, coming the other way, as I passed Marichel Winery, on the same road where Naramata Goil lives. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1603530932#.WLtLXpuvNcE.email 

Must away as our empty glasses need replenishing with aforementioned Sauvignon Blanc. Delish!!! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi On-Line Medical Expert! Who needs a GP with Rosita and her iPad? Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Liisa! Wonderful to hear that retirement is treating you so well! Sorry you didn't stop in, coming or going from Silver Star. It would have been a delight to see you. Please make sure you contact us, in future, as you are always welcome to stay and wine-taste!

On the matter of the legal research, thank you so much for all your effort and hard work. Certainly much appreciated by me but surely even more so by my friends for whom the issue is a burning one. I have already forwarded the results of your efforts to them. Thanks again!!!

For our part life goes extremely well. Just back from a round of wine-tasting at Upper Bench and Township 7, but five minutes from our place Wanted to pick up some more of UB's Chardonnay, (We had a bottle this past Wednesday and found it most palatable!), and taste the new vintage release of T7's Sauvignon Blanc. Had wonderful tastings and chats at both wineries. Trevor, Manager at Township 7, is a most interesting chap and we spent about half an hour talking at the tasting counter.
The latter's current Merlot, (2014, 13.5%), release is fabulous and extremely well priced, ($23 with Wine Club discount), so I recommend it most highly!
 
Earlier, Lady Dar was at a church related seminar at the United Church, but three blocks from us, from 9:00 am-2:00 pm. I took advantage of the glorious day to go for an exhilarating ride out towards Chute Lake, but only going as far as the first cattle guard. Funnily enough, on the return jog who should I see but hiking friends, Fillipo and Jack Rabbit Slims, coming the other way, as I passed Marichel Winery, on the same road where Naramata Goil, another hiker/bridge friend, lives. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1603530932#.WLtLXpuvNcE.email 

Must away as our empty glasses need replenishing with aforementioned Sauvignon Blanc. Delish!!! Fondestos from Lady Dar. Thanks again, so much, Liisa! Come and visit! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: With Kjell towards the end of January, on the KVR. Mountain Sheep near OK Falls, en route to Gallagher Lake, to Dubh Glas Distillery for a tasting! Bridge, at our place, this past Wednesday. Olga Polga came for dinner beforehand and is holding a Whitewater cookbook, Valentine's present I gave Lady Dar; Table Two, clockwise, Lady Dar, Naramata Goil, Judy Blue and Jack Rabbit Slims; Table One with Fillipo; Etta and Duke our new kittens, as of last August!


Hi Patrick and Lady Dar! I'm happy all is well with you. What's not to like with all that wine tasting. It's all a haze and rose colored as it should be... just had dinner with Paul and Neil Besner plus new lady from Winnipeg (he has a new one every time he visits, go figure?)
 
Paul was suggesting a visit to the Okanagan in July or early August...staying with you possibly? I might tag along and maybe take my bike and go for a ride with you? In 2003 my late - much missed - husband and I rode the Kettle Valley before the trestles burnt down. We swam in the lakes along the way and then ended up in Naramata and all that wine, stayed next door to Lake Breeze. Lovely. Anyways, it's still winter here, more snow promised which is fine with me and my Finnish soul. Let' s keep in touch and maybe connect in the summer. Cheers, Liisa

Hi again, Liisa! I'll be seeing Paul and Joan at the VWF Dram Come True next Friday evening, at Performance Works, on Granville Island. Are you going this year? Be great if you are. We can talk about plans for a summer visit. Of course, all of you are welcome to stay. We don't have a huge place but certainly more than enough room, especially for people with Finnish souls! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Wine Magician! < https://www.youtube.com/embed/DRmD5l37Q7k. > He'd be a grand chap to have at an Open House, both for entertainment and hootch! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and Sandee. Cheers, Patrizzio!



No comments:

Post a Comment