Thursday 26 October 2017

MarraigeMobile Mules Carloads of Firewood Blues: Thursday, October 26th!

The worst thing that can happen in a democracy -- as well as in an individual's life -- is to become cynical about the future and lose hope: that is the end, and we cannot let that happen. -Hillary Clinton, secretary of state and senator (b. 26 Oct 1947) 







Buongiorno Gioco a Ponte Players! Thanks for the rousing and rowdy bidding last night, Summerlandians and Middle Bencher! Fabulous Pinot Grigio, Barbarella, and divine dessert, Michaelo! Consensus seems to be that Wednesday, of next week, is best evening for play. Please let me know your thoughts and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: The Brotherhood en route to tro ncing The Sisterhood, for a change! Patrick, I can play Bridge next Wednesday.I am sorry I will miss bridge this week also šŸ™Šwishing all good cards Judy

Have been quite busy ever since returning home. Spent much of today muling firewood, here in town, from the neighbour of a neighbour who gave me three loads last year, as well as one load from Spiller Road. When there I saw a lovely grouse, of some sort, seemingly not at all bothered by me and my wheel-barrow full of firewood. Its colouration was such that I probably would not have seen it was it not for the clucking it made in the tall, dry grass next to the path I was using. What a treat to see such beauty and vitality little more than an arm's length away. Further blessed with gorgeous days so it was pleasant enough work, all around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment