Friday 13 October 2017

We Love Documentary "Resilience" Blues: Friday, October 13th!

Life is a four-letter word. -Lenny Bruce, comedian and social critic (13 Oct 1925-1966)



Patriçio, I got my ablation procedure done Wednesday. Under the unusually reliable care of Lars, we did a quick shop after pick-up, made dinner and I was feeling quite good last night. Watched Star Wars episodes 5 & 6 (PVR’d).

Bit of chest pain today (normal) and dreading the prospect of pulling bandages off my crotch. Pulse is steady for the first time in years! Blood pressure a bit high, but seems to be coming down. They knock you right out btw … I hate being semi conscious in an compromising position with a roto-router going up a vein into the heart. I get to whine for about 3-4 more days. Branko 


Hi Ablation Man, et al! Simply wonderful news that your procedure went so well and that you are recovering rather nicely! Bravo!! Onward!!! Other than the fact that I am extremely delighted that your heart health will improve I'm far happier that your increased lung capacity means that you will be able to mule firewood up the slope at Spiller while I take Juno for a walk! On the matter of bridge on Monday, October 23rd, we will convene at Ragin' Bull's palazzio, game to start as soon as The Penguin's ice-floe floats to his door, probably around 7:00 pm. Please confirm that this is the case as you all understand arrangements. All the best to Roto-Routed Man and his amici. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Craigola with flowers amid flowers, Olga Polga, Josinta and Lady. Olga Polga is kranky as she is worried Craigster, her husband, new to game, will replace her at bridge table!

Right now it is looking very good. Ed October 23rd works for me...what is Branco’s address ...and what would you like me bring (besides wine)? Fast Eddy or locomotiveman Looking fwd to it. I'll get there as soon as I can. I can bring dessert since I’ll miss dinner.  J Hi Penguin, et al! Great, snow cones made from fast disappearing Antarctic ice, topped with melted seal blubber! I, for one, can hardly wait! Thanks Happy Feet! On the main course menu, Ragin' and I will work things out and once I've hammered him into submission, we'll let Loco Boy know what he can contribute. Thanks and Cheers, Il Conduttore, The Bullying Chef PS: Lady Dar will not be playing as she is Book Clubbing. However, she will contribute a very expensive bottle of hootch as compensation for her absence!

Hello Bridge-O-Maniacs, et al! Everyone is in so we have a table at 7:00 pm +/-. Ragin', please send your exact street address and phone number to Casey Jones and Happy Feet, so that there are no excuses! If you would like, I'd be happy to supply dinner fixings so Loco Man, let us know if you can join us for the meal and I'll shop accordingly. [Penguin, you are always welcome but I assume you'll have had your fill of Emerald Rock Cod by the time you hop off the iceberg!) I imagine Chef Ragin' will cook but if he is still to weak to wield a spatula, I'll prepare meal. Once menu is fixed, with number of guests, I'll let Chattanooga Choo Choo Man know what he can contribute. Off to watch Dicte on Netflix. Thanks and Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pic: Etta's latest! [She spits on squirrels, Juno!] I could order some California Quail if people would like them for dinner! 

Dear Bridgers, Here is my address: big house on the SE corner of 12th & Stephens; 1 block E of MacDonald St. I will leave the front door unlocked; come on in; up the stairs. If the door is locked for some reason, don’t ring the bell, call me (I often don’t hear the bell - but yes Pat, I will get a hearing aid at some point). I may send out assignments once the menu is set, but for now, Pat and I will sort out the details. I suggest arrival any time after 6, so we can eat, chat & set up for 7ish. Final arrangements and instruction tba! Branko 

Thank you so much for the lovely card and beautiful words. I hope you are all well! Much love, Aquitain Hi Aquitaine! Lovely to hear from you. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. No excuses but plenty of reasons! Cheers, Patrizzio





No comments:

Post a Comment