Friday 6 October 2017

Radiographology, Blood Work & Cold Cash Blues: Friday, October 6th!

 It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy. -George H. Lorimer, editor (6 Oct 1867-1937)



Dear Patrick and Corinne: Well, once again, time has gotten away from me.  Here it is -- already October!  The summer was busy, as James visited several times.  My friend Mary (from Ottawa) also stayed with me for a few days, at the beginning of August.  And Sandy, David and Anna (now 25 and starting at teachers' college in St. John's!) were out as well.  They book-ended a trip to Oregon to see the solar eclipse with time in Vancouver on both sides.  They stayed with Mum, but of course, I saw quite a bit of them during their stay, including at a family gathering.   The weather was perfect for that, though unfortunately, I had a horrible cold!

Then, on September 3rd, Mum and I left for Berlin.  This is the third year in a row that I've organized my vacation around doing things that are on her travel bucket list, as she feels that her capacity for travel is diminishing.  Happily, it's no chore, as Mum's travel interests are very much aligned with mine!  So in 2015, we walked the Camino, in 2016, we went to Scotland (focus on Iona and Orkney), and this year it was Berlin.  We had a great week there, after which she flew to London to spend time with family and friends while I went east to Poland.  I had been there before, but went to mostly new-to-me places on this trip, ending in Warsaw, from where I flew back to London and spent a couple of nights there before meeting up with Mum again for the flight back to Vancouver. You can read all about it in the surpassingly rivetting narrative on my blog:
Germany and Poland - September 2017
https://germanyandpolandseptember2017.wordpress.com
Going forward, you may recall that I had a trip to Penticton in mind for the fall, and in principle, I would still like to do that.  There are two factors that may limit possibilities -- one is the availability of Aeroplan seats, which seem to be quite limited.  The other is that Greg and Mum both have birthdays in November, and it's become traditional for me to host a joint family get-together.  We still need to work out when that will be.  Thereafter, I should have a better idea of the field of possibilities for fall wine-tasting field trips. But it will depend on you too, of course.  How does your calendar look for the next month or two?  I hope we can sort something out -- if not sooner, then later for sure. Meanwhile, I hope that you've had a good summer and that this finds both of you well. All the best, Janet


Thank you my good man. Too bad we didn’t connect last week but I am sure we will another time. I hope the move went well and your daughter is settled in.
I am going out to buy a new garbage can and start my earthquake kit today.
Ed
Hi Earthquake Kit Man, et al! Move went exceedingly well, thanks, and certainly, in no small part due to Ragin' and his super-truck! Now getting used to being re-nested!!! Next Sunday we are heading back into Vancouver to volunteer at the Vancouver Writers Festival, October 17-22nd. Will stay with Flamin' and Sarge and want to have a few days to visit with friends, run errands, etc. Schedule is pretty busy and all our shifts are during the evening while most days we spend going to readings, etc. Lady Dar has her Book Club on Monday, October 23rd so we will stay until Tuesday. This being the case, am wondering if any of you would be interested in playing on Monday, October 23nd. If we have almost enough for two tables, would you be able to dredge up another player, Polly? Anyway, let me know your thoughts and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio!

Hi Pat Can you confirm whether it is Sunday the 22nd or Monday the 23rd? J Hi Penguin! Welcome back from Italy! I'm trying to organize game for Monday, October 23rd! Hope you can join us. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi pat and corinne.  Glad move went well.  Hope you get some takers for bridge.  We will be in England then. Polly Patrizzio, I’m in, with the condition I get better cards than last time. Branko I wouldn't be able to make it until 7ish. So depending on when the game starts you may or may not want to include me. P Oh and if you have enough for one table without me, no worries...it is a working week for me and I do get up very early so if you don't need me, then that is fine...I'm OK to 'pass' so to speak. (then hopefully your next visit down will involve another game on a day I can come earlier). Hugs, Penguin I am not available as I have a dinner date with a crowd from Ottawa.


Hello Last Left Standing Little Slam Players! It turns out that Polly and Mick will be in England and Sarge has a dinner engagement so there will only be the four of us, if Fast Eddy is in. (Please respond, Malingerer McCorkel!) The Penguin is not available until shortly after 7:00 pm so I suggest, in my pushy way, that we gather at the home of Ragin' Bull, should he accept the responsibility to host. Once I've heard from all the reticent parties, I'll be in touch to confirm game. Thanks and Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Hello Deborah: Thank you for the revised form. I had the blood sample taken this afternoon at Okanagan Clinical Laboratories, here in Penticton. Earlier this morning I had the radiographs taken at Penticton General. Please let me know if you require any further information. Thanks again for everything. Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers, Patrick!

Hi Avalanche Man! Trust you are well! Great to bump into you at the Jazz Fest. Sorry it has taken me so long to send along these snaps but life has been extremely busy, ever since then, what with many visitors and more recently, last week, in fact, helping our daughter move from Vancouver to here. She will be living with us until her townhouse is ready sometime in April/May. Let me know if you'll be back in Penticton, sometime, and perhaps we can arrange to meet up. Until then, all the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi OK Gleaners! Trust everyone is well. Sorry it has taken me so long to send along these snaps but life has been extremely busy, ever since the fabulous concert in Oliver, [Thanks so much for the wonderful version of The Speed of the Sound of Loneliness! One of my very, very favourites, especially by Nanci Griffith and John Prine], what with many visitors and more recently, last week, in fact, helping Chloë, move from Vancouver. She will be living with us until her townhouse is ready, sometime in April/May. Take care of yourselves and hope to see you all in the not too, too distant future. Until then, all the best. Happy Thanksgiving to you and family. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Patrick great photos I'm in van now till around the 20th. M Hi Cousin! Glad you enjoyed the snaps! Enjoy the Thanksgiving Weekend in The Big Smoke! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick Thanks very much for the great photos! It sounds like guys have been very busy! I was talking to your lovely wife this afternoon at Mah Jung! Have a very happy Thanksgiving! We all have so much to be grateful for! Sandy Hi Bench 1775 Gal! Pleased you liked the snapolas. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Judith and Lorenzo! Trust you are both well. Great to meet you both at the Poplar Grove Bash. Sorry it has taken me so long to send along these snaps but life has been extremely busy, ever since we saw you at the rodeo. Take care of yourselves until next our paths cross. Fondestos from Lady Dar. All the best. Happy Thanksgiving to you and family. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Rann Berry and the Random Act; Fellow cowpunchers! Love Birds! Sunset; Dancin' up a storm! View; The Boss and in-laws with new grandson; The party's over! 

Hi Patrick, Thanks for your email. Yes I did receive one from Corrine as well. See you during the Festival!! Best wishes and have a great weekend, Michelle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment