Wednesday 11 October 2017

Olga Polga Sings The Grand Slam Summerlandia Blues: Wednesday, October 11th!

Let us enrich ourselves with our mutual differences. -Paul Valery, poet and philosopher (1871-1945)


Hey Patrick, Sorry this is late but I did email Olly this morning. Unfortunately, I cannot play tonight! Played yesterday and tomorrow. My brain needs a wee break. Hopefully next week. Thanx Barbie Hello Bridge-O-Maniacs! Thanks so much to Olga Polga and Craigola for hosting this week's game. Craig played the last round, (Lady Dar was happy to sit out and watch re-runs of Seinfeld!), and did exceptionally well so I trust he  will become a regular player when his work schedule allows. As I mentioned, in an earlier message, Lady Dar and I will be in Vancouver next week, so Josinta will be arranging the game that week. Thanks again for the lovely evening, Famiglia Egilson. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Craigola with flowers amid flowers! Lady Dar is sleepy! Olga Polga is kranky as she is worried Craigster will replace her at bridge table!

I am in Eastern Canada until Oct 22 so I am unable to play this week either Have fun👍 Pam Hello all,  Hope there are still some bridge players in town for a game of bridge on Monday or Thursday at my home, 6310 Faircrest Street in Summerland at 6.30pm
Please let me know which night has your preference and I will organise accordingly. Happy and safe travels to Vancouver Patrick and Corinne. Jos Hi Jos, and bridge friends. We are back in town, and if there is consensus I am available on Monday. Regards Mike

Hello Patrick Thanks so much for your email. You have accomplished a lot. Would love to try to get together when you are here next in Vancouver. Give us a shout. Congrats to Chloe!! Hope she enjoys her new job and I am sure she is looking forward to her new digs. In the meantime you can go gallivanting.

The fires in California are terrible. Santa Rosa has been destroyed. Our vineyard friends Bob and Carol lived out of Sonoma and their home was destroyed. It is horrible. Feel so badly for them. Hope they have it under control. Not sure if the Snoopy Schultz Arena in Santa Rosa survived.  


We were away in Alberta--I was to attend a conference at U of A. On the weekend before the conference we went to Calgary to visit Colin's sister who is still in ICU. Then if you can believe it on the Sunday morning I had an appendicitis attack was taken to the same hospital Foothills Medical Centre and went in for surgery. Now that the bad appendix is gone I feel fine. But how ridiculous. So I was on the 6th floor of the hospital Colin's sister Val on the main floor. Brought back nightmares for her husband Ian as I sat waiting in emergency before the surgery.

Anyways all is fine. We enjoyed a good thanksgiving with Don, Diane and Jan. I love turkey and love the autumn. Expect to see Gaz at a class tomorrow at UBC. I guess Di is headed back to OZ for good. Not sure the whole story. While I was away in Alberta Chris Ball was visited by John Andrews. Chris seemed to think he was a likeable enough guy. Vancouver Children's Literature Roundtable Illustrator breakfast this Saturday. I will be going to the Writers Festival to see Adam Gopnik. Take care and keep in touch. Love to Corinne and Chloe and the cats!! Jo-Anne


Hi Patrick and Corrine: Just plowing through my emails. Arrived home last night. Am still pretty tired and catching up on sleep. So won’t make it to book-club tomorrow ok. See you all soon ok. Next time I’m in Penticton I’ll pop in to catch up on things. Cheereo and lots of hugs from Hildegard Von Bingen Hi Von Bingen! Sorry you cannot make book club but hope to see you at next one. Will be curious to hear about your latest trip when next we meet. We are off to Vancouver this coming Sunday to volunteer at the Vancouver Writers Festival. Won't be back until October 24th. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Darling Patricio, Just a quick note to see what your schedule looks like next week when you and Corinne are in town for the Writers Festival. We would love to see you both...please let me know if you have a free night and Al and I can come down and join you for dinner and I can also bring some info. regarding Belize as Corinne has requested and can suggest some highlights that you might want to try and include if you venture down there.

I'm rushing off to work this morning conducting One on one consultations for my new Choose to Move Group which I just started yesterday...crazy day and week trying to squeeze it all in but next week is much better so hope that we can manage to connect. Talk to you soon! Love Marilyn xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment