Monday 2 October 2017

Ragin' Rides The Coquihalla & Chloë Starts the Pacific Quorum Blues: Monday, October 2nd!



After Ragin' left, laden with Cannery growlers and a case of their bottled beer, I turned my attention to cutting up the kindling we'd muled from Spiller the day before, as well as some of the lumber I'd scrounged. It was close to 3:00 pm by the time I'd stacked everything and was ready to go for my ride. I knew it would be a bit of a challenge as the wind was blowing out of the NNW at 33 kph, gusting at 47 kph, so from the very outset that this was Gerbil Time. Nothing to do but gird my loins and grit my teeth and once I left PTC and hit Lakeshore my jaw dropped at the whitecaps on Okanagan, the waves crashing onto the shore. Not quite large enough for surfing but an indication of the ferocity of the howling wind, bending trees and blowing sand onto the road.


Opted for a Baker's Dozen worth of loops off Power, the return to Lakeshore requiring me to stand to make headway against the wind, now only 24 kph out of the NNE, but gusting to 48 kph. Followed this by about four mini-Gravol loops around Burnaby/Westminster, then by six circuits of the Memorial Arena complex to head up Westminster with 48 km on the clock. More importantly, had managed to claw my AVG to 21.2 kph, (Tail wind more than compensated for aero-wall of head wind as I was able to orient my ride to minimize doing exhausting battle with Aeolus, Dear Reader!) Lost .1 kph on White but still exhilarated by exhilarating outing when I pulled up to our garage door. Onward! Fight!! Cheers!!! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2036358382#.WdM3STg5nNg.email

Home safe ...… and the pizza is in the oven! slow going from about 60K out … semi-trailer crash!  Nothing like rush hour the other way tho! Branko… and here's the truck! everyone has to slow down and take a look!


Hi Ragin! Pleased to learn that you made it home safely, if somewhat slowly towards the end. Chloë asked me to thank you, once again, for all your more than considerable help. Much, much appreciated by her, of course, not to say her parents, it goes without saying! As you will see, I have included accounts for Dune and Gravol! Trying to stitch together a bridge game for this week but so far cannot get a fourth. Are you ready to hit the road again?

Must away as I've more work to do on rearranging the garage. In pretty good shape but still bits and pieces to fit into the jig-saw puzzle of overhead shelving. Take care of yourself and will be in touch with more snapolas of visit over next few days. Thanks again. Cheers, Dejected Omelletto-Free Patrizzio/Il Conduttore! Pics: Chef Ragin' at Burns Street before kitchen is renovated! [The file IMG_5880.jpg is being used by another program and can't be attached. Please close it and try again.] I receive this error message when I try to attach this and the other snaps I took just before you left! Any suggestions? Nothing is open, as far as I can tell! Loft with Lorenzo, trailer lock  and fab dinner at your place!

Hi Patrick, Just checking about Saturday...Bill is keen to ride with you (weather permitting). He says White Rd is preferred because Hwy 3 is under construction. I have cc'd him on this email so you may discuss ride details directly with each other. As for me what time should I be at Burns St on Sat am to join the car caravan to Orofino? Many thanks again for the invitation to join you and Corinne on Saturday. Pam

Hi Kids! Terrific that ride is on. Since biking, via Green Mountain, should take about 3.5 hours, at least for me, I suggest William and I leave around 8:30 am, to put us at Orofino around noon, all going well. Drive should take roughly and hour, give or take, so I assume The Sisterhood should rendezvous around 10:45 am, or so, to put them at winery around same time as cyclistii. Wild Bill can have a bite or two of pizza and a sip, or seventeen, of wine, and then head back home to watch game. I will confirm with Lady Dar, domani, and let you know her thoughts, but I think, unless you have other suggestions, that this will be basic plan, weather permitting! Cheers, Patrizzio! Patrick, I have a full dance card this week so can't play Bridge. Your proposed schedule for Sat sounds good. Pam Sounds good. Looking forward to it Let me know if you want me to come go your place Corinne
Judy Hi Pam, if you can come to our place then we can pick up Judy on way out.
See you all on Saturday, Happy Fall Corinne
 
Hello Bridge Amici! Sorry I've not been in touch sooner but this past week has been a bit of a blur, in the main, having to do with moving Chloë from Vancouver. With the simply wonderful, generous help of Ragin' Bull, everything went as smoothly as we could have hoped for so very pleased, of course. Now have most of her possessions stored in our garage or otherwise arranged, throughout the house, so can finally devote some precious time to bridge. This past  Saturday, had a fabulous evening with Olga Polga and Craigola. Believe he'll be a "contenda" soon as his card skills are second only to his handsome visage!


Lady Dar and I can play on Tuesday and Wednesday and I can play on Thursday, as well. Let me know what you think and indicate your preferences and I'll plan accordingly. We are happy to host unless someone else is interested. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar clears Ragin' for takeoff, this past Wednesday! Getting ready to bid! Observer status only! And then, under Lady Dar's tutelage!!! Chloë's first day of work at Pacific Quorum! Her stuff in our garage! Thursday works for me Judy Good morning dear bridge players. I have to miss this week, but hapoy to host next Tuesday at my house. On my way to Kelowna now to pick up Bodil and Arlo.a.o. Corinne if you have time Wednesday morning,  come  and have a coffee and visit with Arlo and Bo, that would be lovely. Jos

First of all, a huge thank you to Corrine, Patrizzio and Chloe for hosting our bridge and a fabulous dinner on Saturday night. Craig and I had a lot of fun. Hope Branco is feeling better. He was so such a trooper playing hard fought games while in pain... a true bridge hero. Chloe, again, welcome to the Okanagan!! So sorry Vancouver; your lose ... our gain. I can play Wednesday or Thursday as the PAG lecture is on Tuesday night. I also would be happy to host. hugs to all, Olly I will be driving to Calgary, hopefully without snow in mountains, however that might not be guaranteed. Have fabulous game. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment