Thursday 29 November 2018

Heritage Hills Up Up and Away Blues: Thursday, November 29th!

I just happened on this site tonight.  It requires weeks and weeks to explore.
A real treasure! Allen <https://archive.org/about/>


Yes it is. Since the 1990s one of my research treasures. Note that you can make Internet Archive content more incredible by force-archiving through your own request any current web page that you think may not be captured otherwise, for reasons such as (1) being mechanically/routinely designated no-go by the page's defensive server (2) being short-lived (3) lacking a link hierarchy that provides a discovery path (4) being redacted by Canadian or other government. Joe Jones







 


Somewhat hesitantly, I am bcc-ing a few family and friends with the link below to a survey on climate change education. It was forwarded to me by my very dear friend, Elena, who I believe many recipients of this email may have met (most likely at Canada Day gatherings). The survey is for educators AND the general public.

Elena, as you may know, is herself a retired teacher, and she forwarded it to me on behalf of a contact who sent it to HER, asking for help, as the response rate from B.C. has been low. I did the survey and it took 15-20 minutes. It was user-friendly and didn't involve anything ridiculous like creating an account or password. I hope you may consider completing it yourself. I do apologize for the incursion into your email box, as I know that surveys, unwanted solicitations etc. proliferate and can be very annoying! Thanks, Janet P.S. If you are inspired to forward to anyone else, so much the better!
With apologies for a SECOND email on the subject, here is the link that somehow got edited out when I was composing the first message:



<Canadian Climate Change Education Survey> (Thanks to the helpful correspondent who alerted me to this fact!)

Kids:Hi Rosita! A hiking friend forwarded these jokes to me so you can forward them to Sandee if you want. Perhaps she'll reply and tell you a bit about what they are up to! Off to two tables of bridge at Judy Blue's tonght. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Olly just phoned me she can't play tonight. Is it worthwhile for me to come tonight, with 1 or 2 missing? Jos

Dear Heritage Hills Himalayans! I would like to thank His Royal Highness, King William XL, (a far, far more agreeable, benevolent dictator than Tyrannosaurus Rex LXXX, I might add! Long Live The King!), for leading the simply astounding outing today. For my part, I had never been to Heritage Hills so exploring this magnificent rock formation and the surrounding landscape was pure delight, if not to say an oxygen deprived enterprise! While we hiked through quite heavy mist for most of the trek this only added, as far as I am concerned, to the sheer magic of the day. Although a small group it was a pleasure to be surrounded by such cheerful, interesting, considerate companions, Bruno and Sam, always concerned for my well being, unlike most of their human counterparts, ever intent on leaving me behind, to lose my way in the mist-shrouded forest! Still, I wouldn't have missed it for the world so thanks again for including me. I remain ever amazed at how unbelievably fortunate we are to have such wonders, literally, in our backyards and on our doorsteps. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Great photos Patrick, We too went into the misty, but with Al up Rattlesnake Mountain where we seemed to have even more fog. Unfortunately, we did not see any goats but the colour of the rocks, stumps and trees was absolutely stunning. With the heavy mist and low visibility, it was very magical. Cheers,  
Tim Awesome pictures Patrick..appears like an interesting area to be hiking
Sorry I missed it Elle
. Hi Murielle! Glad you enjoyed the snapolas. Cheers, Patrizzio!

 
Hello Thursday Night's Wild Bidders! A terrific thank-you to Judy Blue for hosting such a lively, pre-Christmas bridge gathering, (Although, it must be said that the bar service was extremely slow and often quite surly!), tonight. The nibblage was wonderful even if Jos's bidding was abominable, [How did she end up with a prize?], at best! Olga Polga where are you when you are needed? Many thanks, as well, to St John Ann for making seven so that we could have two tables. We do hope you will become a regular member of the group.

Evening is open for next week's gathering. Lady Dar and I will host so please let us know which evening suits and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Patrick Great pictures from yesterdays hike, they always tell a story. Bridge for me would be the best Monday night. Could play Wednesday but not hosting Wednesday. Hope it will be Monday! Jos Thanks Patrick. Only Monday or Tuesday work for me but it's a busy week so do not mind missing if those days don't work. Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment