Tuesday 27 November 2018

Making a Murderer Binge Watching Blues: Tuesday, November 27th!

Use only that which works and take it from any place you can find it. -Bruce Lee, martial artist and actor (27 Nov 1940-1973)


Hi all We closed today officially! I am a homeowner! Thank you Mom and Dad for such a wonderful gift that allowed me to make this happen!! Love Ayn Congratulations Sissy!!!! Can’t wait to visit and see your home!!! Me too!! Thank you Chloe xoxo congratulations wonderful news! hugs mom
Hip Hip Hooray! Can hardly wait to see the "Alcove" where we'll be staying for months on end! Congratulations and Love, Dad/Patrizzio!

Lazy day for me today as I watched all of the remaining Making a Murderer episodes. I know Lady Dar and Rosita didn't find it all that engaging but I think it is a truly remarkable indictment of the US system of justice. It also includes an implicit  condemnation of the media and such talk shows as Dr Phil. This story is far more Peyton Place and The Young and The Useless than one can imagine. One is left hanging as both Stephen and his nephew, Brendan, remain incarcerated in spite of countless appeals, over-turned twice, by higher courts, in the Brendan's case. The fabricated case against Stephen is being unraveled by an exceptional wrongful conviction lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, but the process takes years. According to the coverage I read Season 3 might well not be released, if produced at all, until 2020, given how long it takes the courts to respond and rule. Anyway, I think Lady Dar, and others, should watch this series. 

Parley aboard the Black Pearl
A scene from the film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Photo: PotC Wiki
Chloë popped by after work. Talk about a soap opera! Anyway, I put hooks and a wire on the back of the lovely beach picture that she wanted to hang but was unable to do as fixture on frame simply didn't work. Of course, Duke was helping, batting the wire and trying to flip the hooks out of the case onto the floor. Once I'd finished I held him and Chloë cut his "needles". He actually gave her a puncture while she was playing with him before the trimming. I invited her for dinner on Wednesday but she has a strata meeting. Thank you so much, Patrick! We are grateful for your friendship.


Hi Patrick, Great photos of the ladies singing their hearts out on a cool Friday night. I have got my legal team in place: Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, F. Lee Bailey, Alan Dershowitz, and Robert Kardashian. That’s my dream team! Remember, the Zalmer tried unsuccessfully to sue some of my friends for depicting him ripping the wings off of flies while he was successfully ripping off British Columbia. See you Thursday. Use real colour and not fake Lady Clairol in your photos. For my part, I will try to look more upright while walking uphill. Cheers, Harsh Critic Hi hikers, My response to Patrick's photos was meant to be tongue and cheek. I enjoy his photos and humourous commentary and have exchanged several emails about this with Patrick. I apologize for my subversive parody. I think that I have watched too many Coen Brothers and Quentin Tarantino movies. See you hiking. Cheers, Tim

Dear Walter! I thought that you would have learned your lesson by now! Beware, even with the most innocent of motives you will be inexorably drawn into a vortex of forces well beyond your control! I always have to chortle over those who cannot understand that the sparring and jabs are meant to tickle the funny bone and not bring psychological or emotional upset. At any rate, I've a rhino hide, impervious to even well-meaning criticism. For my part I feel that if we cannot laugh at ourselves and each other we are in deep trouble. We all need to be reminded of our foibles and idiosyncrasies if we are to remain healthy and compassionate. 

Trump is a terrible case in point and I'm sure you had many, many occasions, when teaching, of people who took everything far too, too seriously. I experienced this, particularly towards the end of my career, at the UBC Library when Christmas parties, organized by the staff, were banned, as the administration, (paranoid as it turned out), could not understand that the skits which were put on, lampooning new systems or various policies, were not attacks but outlets for genuine, unavoidable workplace frustrations.

Must away as I have an urgent meeting with the Coens and Quentin, (two of my favourite directors, as well, bye the bye!), and then my lawyers! Cheers, Patrizzio!PS: We'll have plenty to chat about on next hike. Are you going on Thursday? Hi Patrick, Thanks for the kind reply.  We will have plenty to talk about tomorrow on the hike if you are going tomorrow.  If not, we will see each other soon. Cheers, Compassionate Rhinohide Hi Chloë:Thanks for added info on Argon.

Dear Neighbors, Friends & Family, Hope you are all well and have not contacted that dreaded flu this year. Well I am going to tell you a little story.  I decided to go to Winnipeg a few weeks ago and take my mom, my older sister and my niece to a Spa week at the “Inn at the Forks”.  You see it is my Mom’s 102nd Birthday.  Extraordinary as it may be, she has never been sick other than the occasional cold and had been unfortunately knocked down when she was out walking and ended up in a wheelchair. 
 
She is incredibly alert with a most amazing memory. At only 4ft 10in. and weighing 100 lbs. she is incredibly strong being the farm girl that she is she has fallen dozen of times and has never broken a bone. Young at heart, exuberant and full of resilience it was such a pleasure spending girl time with her getting to do her hair and putting on her red lipstick which she loves. At the end of the week I invited all her grandchildren and great grandchildren to come and enjoy their Baba’s  birthday cake.  She had three glasses of wine and numerous pieces of chocolate cake.  Unbelievable indeed.  It has been a pleasure knowing her for such a long time.


Just to let you know we won’t be having our annual New Year’s Day Open House but next year John & I turn 75 so I promise we will have a Gala Birthday Party.

Thinking of you all. Love, Jean & John Hi Jean! What a wonderful, wonderful story! Your Mom looks fabulous and I'm so pleased to hear you were able to celebrate her 102nd birthday with her and other family members. Hip Hip Hooray! For She's a Jolly Good Fellow!! Hip Hip Hooray! Since you won't be hosting your Annual New Year's Day Open House this year, perhaps you should come to our Christmas Open House in mid-December.

Lady Dar has been in Vancouver since last Friday when she flew there, with her Mom, (Rosita will be 93 in January!). She saw her Mom onto plane back to Winnipeg and then stayed to see friends, as well as attending her book club there on Monday evening. She flies back to Penticton tomorrow evening. Chloë was over for dinner on both Saturday and Sunday so we enjoyed pleasant evenings together. Looks like two tables of bridge Thursday evening at friend's, Judy Blue's, place. Before that will join the gang for a hike above Skaha Bluffs. Need to work on my hiking fitness.  Hello to Big Bad John and Love to you, Jean. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Open House Invitation.

















No comments:

Post a Comment