Friday 23 November 2018

Lady Dar and Rosita and The Bye Bye Blues: Friday, November 23rd!

To seek understanding before taking action, yet to trust my instincts when action is called for. Never to avoid danger from fear, never to seek out danger for its own sake. Never to conform to fashion from fear of eccentricity, never to be eccentric from fear of conformity. -Steven Brust, novelist (b. 23 Nov 1955) 


Hello Breakfast Club! Many thanks to Jovial Jimbo for organizing such a wonderful gathering this morning. Terrific to be able to chat with so many friends and catch-up while enjoying such tasty food. 

Add caption
Also a chance to bid Bon Voyage to Vittoria and Jake as they are off to Mexico, at the beginning of December, to escape snow-shoeing! Travel safely and I trust I can speak for the rest of the group when I wish you both a Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year. In that vein, please see attached invitation to our Open House. Lady Dar and I would love to see you all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello again, Hikers! Oops! Forgot to attach invitation! Cheers, Patrizzio!Hi Mary Lee! Trust you and Paolo are well. Here is an album from this morning's breakfast. Also and invitation to our Open House. Cheers, Patrizzio! With regrets.. We will be in MEXICO felzi bien bien!! DBJS Hi Patrick and Corrine, Sorry that we will not be able to make your event. All the best to both of you, Dorothy.
 
Thanks for your kind invitation! I am hoping that Doug and I will be able to attend this year. Looking forward to it! Hanneke Hi Hanneke! That would be wonderful! Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Patrick: Thank you for the great pictures. I couldn’t open this……….When is your OPEN HOUSE. Cheers and Hugs from Von Bingen 😊😊😊 Hi Von Bingen! Glad you enjoyed the snapolas. Great gathering. Our Open House is on Saturday, December 15th. Unfortunately, I gather you will still be away. If so, you'll have to drop by for a pre-Christmas visit and drink when you are back. Cheers, Patrizzio! Sounds great. I will make time to fit in a drink at the DUNN HOUSE. 😊😊 Hi again, Von Bingen! Terrific. Just let us know when. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Hi Patrick, Here is an invitation from Robert French to attend your book club meeting via Skype to discuss his latest novel. I quite enjoyed the book. It might be fun to have the author present at a meeting. Cheers from Ouro Pretoria, Minas Gerais, Brazil. Peter

Hi Caipirinha Man! Was just wondering how you folks were doing when your message arrived. [In fact, I'm on Robert's list but thanks anyway.]
Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic:  Alex's Thanksgiving card from LAFD!

 
Hi Patrick, I had a great evening on Wednesday. I was invited to attend a book club whose members had read Lockstep as their book for November (they meet monthly). The club meets in Seattle, so I had to attend via Skype (which worked well until the very end when it went crazy.) We talked a lot about the book and also got into politics and drugs and drug policies. It was a thoroughly enjoyable time.
 

If any of you are members of book clubs and would be interested in having your club read one of my books, I would be delighted to attend your meeting for an hour via Skype or Google Hangouts. My only time issue is that I am rarely available on Mondays between 3:00 PM and midnight (Pacific Standard time). If you would be interested in having me attend your book club or you have any questions, just email me and let me know. Very best wishes, Robert.
Lady Dar leaving you unattended? Hi New Yorker Wag! What a marvellously hilarious cartoon! In my case, however, you must needs  substitute a Growlette, (half a Growler!), or a bottle of Single Malt, and white-out the dirty dishes and pots and pan stacked on the counter. Latter are tell-tale signs that Lady Dar has been and gone! Anyway, great good fun.

I didn't even drive her and Rosita to the airport as I had an early morning breakfast, in Summerland, with about twenty of gang from hiking group. Chloë drove them there at 8:30 am. Had a wonderful visit with Clara, cooking and baking and playing bridge and will really miss her company. Must away as I want to watch a few episodes of a number of Netflix series, (Spotless, Making a Murderer), which don't interest Lady Dar. Make hay while the cats are away, so to speak, in mangled clichés! Cheers, Drinking Straight from The Horse's Mouth, Patrizzio! Pics: Caroling for a Cause; After dinner last night and then this morning.

Back from great breakfast and more than friendly gathering I put in a few loads of laundry and then headed out to do a bit of Black Friday shopping. Wanted to pick up a new electric tooth brush as mine has finally given up the dental ghost. Overall, pretty happy with it as I first bought it about five years before we left Vancouver so it has given me more than yeoman's service. Was one on special at Shoppers and Lady Dar had pointed it out to me on their flyer. 
 
Then a bit of grocery shopping before returning home. Had wanted to return the walker which Lady Dar had picked up for Rosita but Red Cross here in Penticton closes at 1:00 pm and ow I won't be able to return it until next week. Should have dropped it off before I went shopping but didn't think I'd be a long as I was. Anyway, not really a big deal.

Hi Rosita and Lady Dar, et al! Trust all went well on your various flights and that you are both back in your respective homes or guest bed! Back home from great breakfast and more than friendly gathering I put in a few loads of laundry and then headed out to do a bit of Black Friday shopping. Wanted to pick up a new electric tooth brush as mine has finally given up the dental ghost. Overall, pretty happy with it as I first bought it about five years before we left Vancouver, I think, so it has given me more than yeoman's service. Was one on special at Shoppers and Lady Dar had pointed it out to me on their flyer.

Then a bit of grocery shopping before returning home. After I put away the groceries and answered a few messages, I had a delicious nap as both cats were doing the same! Chloë popped by between 2:00 and 3:00 pm for a spot of lunch. I fell asleep again an didn't wake up until 5:00 pm! Chatted with her this evening as she went home before 6:00 pm! She said she was looking forward to watching a bit of TV and then going to bed early. She'll call tomorrow and I 'll go up to Sendero to help her move her deck table under the covered porch. She will probably come for dinner as well, although we'll talk about timing, etc., tomorrow.


I finished up remainder of delicious soup we made, for dinner, Rosie, as well as last night's salad. Both Etta and Duke were in and out all evening and usually quite wet when they came in. Duke was back and sleeping on our bed before Etta, about 9:30 pm. She just came in a little while ago. She hopped up on bathroom counter for a drink while I was brushing and then down onto rug. Duke was annoyed as this is "his spot" when he plays with my floss. Since there was a stand-off I decided I'd go into the kitchen and then he could play on rug there. However after I'd finished flossing he led me back into bathroom and we had our normal game there! He's now sleeping on the dining room runner waiting for me to go to bed so I guess I'd better sign off. Much love to everyone and I miss you, terribly, already Rosie! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

What lovely fotos of you all, Patrizzzzzio!!! Ola from the Algarve, Portugal, from the sokanaganprincess!!! Hello Principessa! Glad you enjoyed snaps. Wow! Green with envy!! Portugal is a country that we hope to visit in the next little while. Have heard nothing but very good things from all the friends who have travelled there recently. Cheers, Patrizzio!

That works for me. Thank you Patrick for organizing Bridge for tout le gang😊 Pamela Hi Naramata Goil! Great that you can join us. Thanks for thanks but not really much of an effort to "herd the bridge cats!" Hi Naramata Goil! Great that you can join us. Thanks for thanks but not really much of an effort to "herd the bridge cats!" Enjoy the weekend. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Dad, See the email below, he is a solar supplier, if your interested for your place give him a call he seems keen!Good morning Chloe, and Danielle, It was really nice to meet you both yesterday. Thank you for taking the time to talk about your organization.

I liked hearing that there is some conversation going on with your tenants/clients regarding offsetting a buildings electricity consumption, and planning ahead regarding electric vehicle charging stations. I will work on getting some more information for you to share with some of your clients. If anyone is asking about solar? or EV charging stations, I will be more than happy to assist them. Please feel free to share my contact information with anyone who is interested in what we do. Have a wonderful day and great weekend! Sincerely, Jonathan Hi Solar Woman! Thanks for contact. Much appreciated. Probably give him a shout to see what we are looking at in terms of solar panels. Thanks and Cheers, Dad! 

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures! Your "stories " are also much appreciated! Sandee Hi Sandee and Arv! Pleased you enjoyed snaps. Well, I'm all alone now, except for Etta and Duke! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello gang: I haven't received an e-mail indicating what we should bring next week. Patrick, do you have contact info. Also, how would you all feel about reading Becoming by Michelle Obama. It has hit the #1 spot for a non-fiction book in the US and GB. Not sure about Canada. Sounds like an amazing book.

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States. In a life filled with meaning and accomplishment, Michelle Obama has emerged as one of the most iconic and compelling women of our era. As First Lady of the United States of America—the first African American to serve in that role—she helped create the most welcoming and inclusive White House in history, while also establishing herself as a powerful advocate for women and girls in the U.S. and around the world, dramatically changing the ways that families pursue healthier and more active lives, and standing with her husband as he led America through some of its most harrowing moments. Along the way, she showed us a few dance moves, crushed Carpool Karaoke, and raised two down-to-earth daughters under an unforgiving media glare.
 
Also, The Milkman, a novel written by Anna Burns. It won the 2018 Man Booker Prize for Fiction, the first time a Northern Irish writer has been awarded the prize. Set during The Troubles in Northern Ireland, the story follows an 18-year-old girl who is forced into a relationship by an older married man known as the "milkman". I don't recommend books very often, but these two intrigued me. I will be out of the country from Dec. 11th to Jan. 19th. Judi Hello Soon-to-be-out-of-the-country Dame Judith! Trust you are dancing in the streets by now! You are welcome to hitch a ride with us unless you are going with The Welsh Connection. If so, Jos lives  in Summerland. As usual, a bottle of wine and/or some appetizers. Thanks for sending along the book suggestions. We can chat about them at gathering. Hello to Kevin. Cheers, Patrizzio!

You and Corinne and going to drive out with Louise, Colin and myself. I had spoken to corinne, and she was going to talk to Louise. Colin and I were already going with her. Dame Judith - Olé Hi Ms Olé: I'm always the last to know but that should work. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Yes indeed!  Everything is good here.  Hope you lot are also doing well. Cardiologist & urologist both said "See you in a year".  I'm going to be re-appointed for a 2 year term to the Mental Health Review Board, a job I love and am good at.  I returned in September from a Montreal visit for my nephew's wedding.  My brother and I made a side trip to upstate NY where I encountered a girl I knew 65 years ago.  She had a crush on me when we were teens but I was chasing another woman and did not pay much mind.  Anyway, she says to me when we met again in September: "Oh Al, you're still as handsome as you ever were!"  At that moment I would have bought the Brooklyn Bridge from her. Hello High School Heart Throb! Congratulations on all fronts! Bravo!! Onward!!! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment