Monday 26 November 2018

Hike the Cartwright Mountain Hills Blues: Monday, November 26th!

We haven’t yet learned how to stay human when assembled in masses. -Lewis Thomas, physician and author (25 Nov 1913-1993)


Hello Everyone! Trust everyone is well. Just a short note as I must away as I'm joining the hiking group this morning. Didn't set the alarm as I knew Duke would wake me up at 7:00 am. Right on time he jumped on my chest. Both hungry as blazes and Duke started eating his pumpkin out of jar before I had spooned it onto their dishes. Cats today! Fondestos to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hello Lady Dar! There was a message from Chris saying that he needs your photo ID and changed bank account now that we no longer use McDonald Branch.

Had a grand hike today so was pleased to be back in the hills again! Very, very windy at times and back home the planter at front was blown over twice so I've put it against the house, in the corner by the door, for time being. I think a large stone should keep it upright. Etta and Duke just went out and I've laid a fire since I didn't start one when I returned from hike. Had a lovely nap for an hour or so! As well, no message from floor people. I might go to Kelowna with Chloë to collect her car before you return so let me know what you'd like me to pick-up. Hello to one and all. Love, Patrizzio! Pics: A few snaps from today's hike.

I get in on Wednesday at 6:50 pm Air Canada flight Our bank acct has not changed Told Chris that Off to meet Catherine for dinner before book club
Lady Dar
Hello, More Than Terse Lady Dar! Guess you are too, too busy to send other than an Executive Summary of your time away from your lovely cats who simply cannot understand why you have abandoned them! At the moment, Miss Etta is looking at your silver ornaments, two of which have been blown off the tree by today's fierce winds. Thanks for flight information. I'll have dinner ready so that we can eat once I've collected you. I gather that rain has been almost torrential in Vancouver. How have you managed? 
  
On another matter, are you interested on coming on the Christmas Picnic on December 6th? It won't be much more than a few minutes walk on the KVR to where picnic will take place. I need to let Jim know about numbers, etc. It's a jolly gathering and most of the gang have been asking about you. Much love from The Lonely Cats of Burns Street! Cheers, Patrizzzio! Pics: Miss Etta keeping close and cosy as I scribed this afternoon; Miss Etta's new spot as I watched Netflix! 

Hello Happy Hikers! Just a quick thank you to the real leader of today's hike, Sam! St Killian was supposed to be in charge but in true Tinka style, Terrible Tyrannosaurus took hold of the reins and led his charges a merry chase over hill and dale. So many thanks to The Usurper for such an engaging and invigorating outing, especially from me, as this was my first hike since the early spring. Hip Hip Hooray for The Duct Tape Dictator! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Great Photos Patrick! However, some were very crooked, tilted into clearly unnatural positions while others drained the colour out of people. Hanging ghoulish Christmas ornaments into trees did not seem to be in the spirit of the upcoming season, though it was perhaps suitable for the person trying to claim crown land as his own.  Imagine trying to scare seniors with threats of trespassing on private property, especially since Halloween has been over for several weeks.   The group could have confused the squatter since several of them were still dressed in their bright orange pumpkin costumes. Nevertheless, the hike was lots of fun and ended with folks tricker treating at the Beanery.  

Dear Harsh Photojournalist Critic! Are you in Trump's camp, accusing me of spreading false news? You should write the script for future albums and then I could concentrate on framing and colour saturation! However, I fear that your "colourful" accounts may well exceed even my "exaggerated" descriptions. Be ready for civil lawsuits. I have 33 pending!!! Five each, from Tyrannosaurus and Pearly Whites alone! Fortunately I have engaged Saul Goodman to represent me so feel confident that these spurious legal actions will come to naught. On happier matters, are you planning to join Thursday's outing? I intend to go. Need to work on my camera tilt as well as my hiking fitness! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: GFA Caroling!
 
Always nice to relive the great moments of the day. Thanks for the pictures that tell an adventurous story. Cheers, Jos Hi Josinta! Glad you enjoyed the album. Have you planted the cactus on the water-slide? Should help to stabilize slope and also deter people from wanting to use the attraction! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi All, Here are a few of Murray's and my hike, above the beaches in the Algarve.... See you sooooon! Sharon Hi Principessa! What fabulous pictures! Gald you are hiking in such a glorious, incredible landscape and seascape. Plan to forward them to Lady Dar and couple we are planning to travel with next year as Portugal is definitely a country we'd like to visit. Planning to join this coming Thursday's hike above Skaha Bluffs. Need to work on my hiking fitness. All the best. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Clan Sutherland! These snaps are from a friend in hiking group, on holiday in Portugal. Album is from yesterday's hike out of Summerland. Hello and Best Wishes to Hawaii gang! Cheers, Patrizzio!
  
Hi all, I am not available for this Thursday’s hike, and I have not heard from anybody who might lead it.  So, if you are willing, select a destination.  Then let me know, so that I can put out the info soon.  Otherwise, we will take a pass this Thursday. [This just in!!!! Bill Therriault is willing to lead a hike on Thursday. He is suggesting the Skaha Bluffs area, possibly the Pictograph route. He says it will be mostly trails and not overly strenuous. Funny, but I’ve heard that before. I will let Bill fill you in on details. He asks that you contact him if you are interested. Please let him know soon so that he can decide on times and plans. Many thanks, Bill! Cheers, Jim Hi Bill! Thank you for agreeing to lead this hike. I'd like to join the group so please let me know, at your convenience, details. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Great 9am at HH.
NB it will probably be about 14k w some up and down but no bushwhacking 
Bill Thanks No-Bushwhacking Bill! Cheers, Patrizzio!]

Hi Patrick, Good to see you back on the trail, and happy to see you were wearing your long pants, you certainly wouldn't have survived long between my needles and the others. I will go on Thursday's adventure under Bill Therriaults leadership. Enjoy the day! Jos Hi Needle Woman! See you at HH. Cheers and Yipee Ki Yay from The Cactus Cowboy, wearing chaps if not long pants!
Next up will be December 6th, our annual picnic.  We will: -meet at 10am at IGA parking lot in Summerland (0940 at Home Hardware parking lot in Penticton)
-carpool and make our way to Faulder corner on the Summerland-Princeton Road. -park and hike up the KVR to the west. The destination is a few minutes up the old railway line, where we should come upon a picnic table and a biffy. -picnic, sing, sample some libations, and have a pre-Christmas get together.-return, when done, to the cars and homeward.


Please bring your own bun(s) and meat to burn over the fire.  Also, a potluck item to share.  It might be an appy, salad, dessert, Christmas baking….the possibilities are endless. Please feel free to bring friends and/or significant others. And definitely feel free to bring some liquid to toast the season.

You might consider bringing a lightweight folding chair or table if you have such a thing. If you have access to Christmas song sheets, bring them along.  Likewise, if you have a musical instrument which might enhance (or drown out) some singing, feel free to tote it along.
  
Just so I have an idea of numbers, I would appreciate it if you would let me know that you re intending to come, and how many “you” might be.  Much appreciated. Have I missed anything?  If so, please remind me of it.  And I will put out this notice again before the picnic date. Cheers, Jim

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment