Monday 5 November 2018

Lady Dar and The Boulevard Blues: Monday, November 5th!

A king can stand people fighting but he can’t last long if people start thinking. -Will Rogers, humorist (4 Nov 1879-1935) 




Thanks again for a lovely weekend in Penticton. It was great to see all of you, as well as to indulge in lots of great food, wine and bridge in the superb comforts of The Burns Street Hotel. The wine tour was one of the best we've ever been on and we look forward to doing it all again next year! Cheers, Ruth P.S. The dried apples are very yummy. My Mom and Lorence say a big "Thank-you" for box of apples, as do we. Tell Clara, I hope we get to play bridge again next year. I've never laughed so hard while playing bridge with you
guys before, but it made it all the more memorable. Was very memorable!


Hi Little White! Glad everyone was pleased with apples. Clarisse wants to come to Squamish to stay for months! Earlier today we were working on the paving slabs we set into the boulevard for walkways. Needed to remove the grass and enough earth to have them flush with surface. Wanted to do this before it freezes, of course. Quite pleased with how things turned out. Three tables of bridge in Summerland that evening, [New record for group so we'll have to start charging for membership soon!], and I took along a couple of bags off apples for gang. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Buongiorno Bidders! Trust everyone is well and those who are coming are looking forward to tonight's game at Olga Polga's Bridge Emporium. On another matter, I have quite a few Golden Delicious that I would be delighted to share with as many of you as would like them. If interested, please let me know and I'll bring them to tonight's gathering. I have already dehydrated three batches and they turned out wonderfully, while Rosita has made two incredible batches of muffins, using this tasty fruit. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Count me in! Patrizzio I would love 6 or so goldens. Thanks! See you tonight, Olly [Hi Olly, Is this OK I will come with Mariola - she wants to learn and join our group? Cheers, Mike] Dear apple provider, I would love to take some apples to the kids in Calgary, and will be there for an hour or two tonight, depending how long my eye holds eye on 3 hearts or more! Jos Dear Golden Girls! Great that you both desire apples. You make my Four Hearts heart sing! Cheers, Patrizzio, Chicago Apple Provider! I will take 6. Thank you. See you tonite Judy

Two tables of bridge in Summerland this evening and I will take along a couple of bags off apples for gang. I plan to put another batch into dehydrator as soon as I have a minute to spare. Must away as I have to head outside to help the Constant Gardener as Lady Dar is starting to bark out orders. Another relatively sunny day so more than pleasant to be outside. Fondestos from her, via a megaphone, tearing up the boulevard, under the supervision of both Etta and Duke. They love it when we are outside, dashing around, chasing each other and leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment