Friday 30 November 2018

Summerland's Christmas Tree Lighting Blues: Friday, 30th!

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (30 Nov 1835-1910) 


"Mexico’s Alfonso Cuaron’s thrillingly diverse career encompasses everything from Gravity to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Roma is his masterpiece. An evocation of middle-class household in Mexico City in 1970, this scintillating black and white film focusses on Cleo (Yalitza Aparicio), a live-in maid, who tends to the two children, and observes, discreetly, as her employers’ marriage falls apart." In Spanish so homework for Ragin'!] Lady Dar! This will be released on Netflix mid-December. I heard it reviewed this morning and it is supposed to be wonderful. We also need to watch the Coen Brothers' Ballad of Buster Scruggs, available now on Netflix. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Ragin'! Trust you are well. Haven't heard from you in some time so thought I'd jog your memory. Had a fab hike yesterday and a terrific ride, day before so cannot complain about life here. Off to the Christmas tree lighting in Summerland this evening so should be fun. Plan to buy our own tree on Sunday but not sure where we can cut our own as place we bought it from last year has been sold and it isn't apparent if new owners are selling trees. Might have to take a run to Spiller and lop something down! Let us know if you are making the annual winer trek. Stay well. Take care of yourself, Ragin'. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Open House Invitation! Are you planning to attend?

Patriçio, Thanx para tu email. I was just about to report! Stuff has happened. Sorry, I don’t recall if I informed you that my Dad is now in a care home. Long story, … That has made a huge difference in my life. I am now, basically, alone in this huge house (aka “albatross”) - another $10K for the lower two roofs! Plus, on the social side, I feel very alone. Well, there is Juno. Did you know that rubbing a dog’s belly brings your blood pressure down? Unlike cats, which has the opposite effect. Rebecca is in town working, so I get to dog-sit a lot. She is going paragliding in New Zealand over Xmas(!!!). Gee Dad, it’s summer there, and I have lots of friends there! ANYWAY, a big turning point.

Well, your Xmas open house. I will be happy to attend, stay a few weeks, under the usual conditions of business class accommodation, with breakfast in bed, served with high end Italian espresso by the 3rd cheerleader from the left on the Dallas Cowboys squad. Hey them Italians make great coffee, they just don't know how to play football! Croatia does! How bout that Luka Mordic kid eh? Maybe 5’8”, 145lb (on a good day!) Golden Ball (World Cup), FIFA player of the year ... wow!

I digress. I have a couple of offers for you. I am taking advantage of the lower roofs being done to get a huge dumpster … but I have a lot of odds and ends of untreated wood, 2x4’s, 4x4’s etc … so I could bring you a truck load of firewood. And, if you want to do a couple of Spiller Rd runs I’ll put the side rails on the super truck. Also, small issue, but I cancelled my land line. I have a base unit and 3 headsets … you could have phone in every room! Well, that’s about it. Looking forward to some company and chat time, maybe some Bridge? Pic included: Juno, after a walk. Those big liquid eyes are saying ...“I don’t remember the prime rib bone with lotsa meat on it, or the bits of yummies as you were making dinner, but I’ve licked up all my bread crumbs, and I am still starved, haven’t been fed in months"


Hi Lonely Lumber Baron! Grand that you plan to attend the Fourth Annual Open House! Wouldn't be the same without you! Yes, we did know your Dad is in a care facility. How are things going with him there? Paragliding! Wow! Congratulations Croatia, Go Golden Boy Go! Any lumber you can bring would be much appreciated. I can give out kindling for bridge prizes! Landline ahoy! I need one in garage, one in shower and one in one of the bike lockers! When you figure out when you plan to arrive I'll arrange to have a bridge night to start your stay off with a Grand Slam! Stay well and say hello to starving Juno. All the best. Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge this past Monday. New to group, Ann, is a very good player.

Hi Misty-eyed Compassionate Rhinohide! Pleased to hear that you enjoyed a hike with T Rex! I guess I understood that you were coming with King William and thought that something had come up when the "cousins" didn't appear! At any rate, your outing sounded as magical so everything worked out. I'm wondering if I will be in for any "criticism" for implying that pooches were more considerate companions even if possibility of food was motivator!

We are off to hear the Tune-Agers this afternoon and then will take in the Summerland Tree Lighting festivities this evening, along with our other "cousin", Michelle, and her amore, Antonio. Will you be there? Hope so  as we've much to discuss about legal strategy! In this vein, have you seen The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, available now on Netflix. Have to keep up dark humour quotient! Cheers for now, Patrizzio! Hello Patrick, Yes, we will take in light-up as well tonight. Let's call each other on cell phones when downtown. Then we can engage in important discussions about below-mentioned topics. Possibly meet for hot chocolate or some such beverage at The Beanery? Cheers, Marian and Tim So let it be written, So let it be Dunn! Hi Patrick, Just realized we don't have each other's cell phone numbers. Here is our cell phone number, Marian

The sellers move Wednesday and they will clean Thursday Movers book for next Friday! Taking the Friday and following Monday off to have time to get settled and put the tree up as I think I will cook Christmas Eve as Alex will work I believe in Christmas Day. Getting excited! Love Ayn
Hello Ecstatic One, et al!
Pleased things are falling into place for your move. However, I'd be far, far happier if you were "Becoming excited" as opposed to "Getting excited"! Otherwise, in spite of your grammatical laxness, trust you are well. Let us know if you are coming to Open House, Never Never! Must away as I want to collect latest release form Township 7 before we head over to the Shatford to hear The TuneAgers Christmas concert. Stay well everyone. Cheers, Patrizzio!

sounds great and sensible to take the days off to get settled. So wonderful to be in your own place by Christmas hugs Mom

Hello Concert Goers and Singers Alike! Thanks so much for a wonderful, wonderful concert. Loads of fun and Christmas joy. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Patrick, Happy to hear that you enjoyed the Tuneagers' dulcet tones👍 I a, sorry to have missed abridge last night. I don't have a full blown cold yet. I am just more tired than usual and I have a sore throat. Looking forward to Dec 15th. Pamela Hi Scratchy Throat Songster! What a drag to catch a cold anytime, let alone when you have to perform! Very sorry to hear that this is the case but trust you are feeling better by Sunday. Sorry I wasn't able to catch a shot of you during performance but too, too many "heads" in between! Stay warm and a speedy, full recovery for both book club and Open House! Fondestos from Lady Dar. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Roman Candle Watchers! Many thanks to Michelleka and Antonioni for the chauffeur duty to Summerland and back. Much appreciated as Lady Dar doesn't think much of her current driver! Lovely to be hosted by locals as well, even if staying together was well nigh impossible! [Picked up a huge snow globe at the Thrift Store for $5!] Anyway, loads of fun and a most pleasant visit with one and all. All the best. Cheers, My Snow Globe is Bigger Than Yours, Patrizzio! Pics: Fireworks and afterglow! Thanks for the photos Patrick. We had a time at Light Up. Cheers, Tim and Marian



No comments:

Post a Comment