Saturday 24 November 2018

Sunny Skies and Soft Wind Blues: Saturday, November 24th!

A scholar knows no boredom. -Jean Paul Richter, writer (1763-1825) 


Walker is from Valley Medical Supply on Martin which opens at 10 am. We had good flight and lunch at airport. I stayed until they wheeled mom into plane.
Had dinner at Joanne's with her and Nicole who then drove me to Elaine's. Just woke up after great sleep. Off to get hair cut and to see Robyn later. Love you
Lady Dar
Hello Duhlink! Glad you are enjoying uninterrupted sleep! Thanks for clarifying where walker is from. I'll take it back today. Was smothered in cats last night. Miss Etta snuggled up to me, missing you, obviously. They both went out at 4:30 am and didn't come in for breakfast until just after 8:00 am! Sunny and dry, thus far, so I'm planning a ride, at some point since forecast suggests decent wind conditions as well.


I understood, from Chloë, that Nicolina was supposed to remain lying down unless she wanted to have baby! What is her condition? Hello to her and JT. Must away as I want to lay a fire and ready my breakfast. Fondestos to Elaine. Was she able to use the apples? Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Counter and Runner cats!
What lovely fotos of you all, Patrizzzzzio! Ola from the Algarve, Portugal, from the sokanaganprincess!!! Hello Principessa! Glad you enjoyed snaps. Wow! Green with envy!! Portugal is a country that we hope to visit in the next little while. Have heard nothing but very good things from all the friends who have travelled there recently. Cheers, Patrizzio! Those cats are just as spoiled as Rifel……………..Have a great ride. Off to see my Cousin, just south of Oliver, who just had Surgery. Had a surprise morning visit from my youngest son Kelly. Home for his son’s 7th birthday tomorrow. Drove all night to get here. Have a great day…….Cheereo from Von Bingen Beautiful card!!! Thank you. Not too warm today. Jack finally got his boat in the water. Gail Hi Boat People! Pleased you enjoyed card. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi again, Lady Dar! I popped into G. Little Electric yesterday to book the water heater flush. Scheduled for Thursday, December 6th at around 8 am. Are you around as I'm off to hiking picnic that morning? Let me know as I need to confirm or re-book. [Yes, I'll be home.

C] The Boy is watching, from window sill in living room, his sister in garden! Earlier they were both drinking from your sink, Etta from bowl, Duke from tap, after he gave her bottom a thorough cleaning! Such a good brother! Love, Patrizzio! Pics: Etta earlier this morning.

[Swiss Tigi!] After I dropped off the walker which Lady Dar had arranged for Rosita, I suited up and was ready to hit the road just before 1:00 pm. Started out with basic route regulare and then dipsy-doodled my way up to the start of the KVR, following it to Vancouver Ave and thence along Lower Bench to Middle Bench. Turned around in the cul de sac just before Johnson Rd and made my way towards Poplar Grove and then past the winery, intending to turn around in the parking lot of Township 7 before completing the loop down Upper Bench Rd. However, at the intersection of UBR and McMillan Ave a utility crew was installing a gas line and traffic was controlled by two flag-women. Not wishing to wait, or even worse, touch the Dreaded Burning Ground I simply turned right onto UBR and continued on my merry way.

Completed three such loops, managing at least one foray to Township 7 and then I spent the rest of the ride logging the distance I wanted looping around on MBR. On the last two such loops I turned onto Westminster Ave E to dipsy- doodle around two of the cul de sacs there, noticing four large deer devouring someone's shrubs on MacDonald St, before I returned to MBD. After that I had enough distance to make one more run towards Tupper Ave which leads to Lower Bench Road and then back onto the KVR at the top of Vancouver Ave. Had the distance down poifectly so I was pleased at my mental calculations, not having ridden this route for quite some time. Back inside to start a fire and say hello to Duke, just up from his extended afternoon nap. Chloë called to say she was coming for dinner so I'll have company this evening! Map and Stats for ride:
<https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3183298466#.W_ntwcW0oRk.email>


Hard to see in the shop with all the knick knacks but just bought this gorgeous 7 foot white farmhouse table from Magnolia Homes 200 dollars for the Black Friday sales! Love Ayn It’s perfect Mom Adding you guys! Go see The Girl in the Spider's Web too!!

Back home safe & sound, took very good care of me, wheel chair right to baggage pickup, - 1 when we were driving home Floor looks great, not all finished in utility room yet, going over to George’s for supper tonite ,very quiet here by myself Getting unpacked & cleaned out frig, will miss you both, we made a good cooking team Patrick !!!!! Love Clara 

Had a good flight home, wheelchair all the way to baggage pick up, where Barb was waiting Thanks for staying there with me Corinne & for the lovely lunch !!!! Raining a bit on the way home -2 Today I unpacked & cleaned out the frig, it is very empty, so will need a Big grocery shopping trip next week Nice Rebekah got a promotion & raise, tell her to do her floors, my Living room looks great, just the utility room to do now Makes the front room look bigger Gavin is going crazy with snow blowers!!!! Will miss the company at Corinne’s, very quiet here & no more bridge Have an appointment at the Vascular Lab Dec 20 re my ankles swelling etc Had my hair cut before coming home so I look better Glad you are having a fun time in Florida Pam 

Catalina and the Gang say Hi! Hello Fancy Car People! What a great snap! You lucky sods! We've not been to Coffaro since new tasting facility was completed. I'm green with envy! Did you barrel taste? Will you have time to connect with Cactus and Donna Florida? Was just wondering how you folks were doing when your message arrived. Obviously, quite well! too, too well it would seem! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thank you! They should have stopped in at Vicente if they got that far south...oh well, or if they are still here, maybe we can look forward to that! Cactus Hi Vinnie! Did you hear from the Coffaro Tasters? I assume not as I know they seemed to have a fairly tight schedule when we talked to them about impending trip when here a month or so ago. Fondestos to you and my Favourite Floridian! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Cat Watcher; Patio table and chairs under cover; Bird Stalker!
 
Hi Grandma It was so great to see you last weekend in BC! Send a picture of your new floors please! Great news about Rebekah, we will have to celebrate next month when they're in town! Glad to hear your trip went smoothly and that they took good care of you on the last flight xoxo Off to Rick and Rae's wedding tonight to celebrate their 25th! They are having a catered dinner after a cocktail hour and the wedding. Rae still fits into her wedding dress and will wear it for the nuptials! Then Rick and Judy will perform 3 songs each with a professional pianist. I got them a lovely wooden rough hewn platter with silver handles. She always wants to steal the one Chloe brought me from Brazil ha ha ha Love
Dear Condo Furnisher! In fact, your Mother is referring to the wing-back chair behind the table. She wants you to buy another one and ship them to Burns Street! Thanks for the film tip but I'm already The Man in the Spider's Web, and fashioned by a Black Widow, not a Black Friday, one at that! Have a blast a the 25th! Sounds like an extravaganza! Must away as Duke just came in and I want to lock cat-door as I will be watching an episode of Spotless after I finish this message. Chloë came for dinner and we watched Sicario: Day of the Soldad. Okay but a tad formulaic and think ending is a lead-in to third in series, already in the works, apparently! Had a great ride today in spite of fairly strong winds.

Glad your trip home went so well, Rosita. Your place sounds terrific, Clarisse. Congratulations to Giorgio. Guess I'll have to recruit another partner for kitchen. Lady Dar is too, too pushy to be able to work with easily. Won't let me boil the butternut squash or anything! My new toothbrush is fabulous. I think I'll use old one to scrub shower corners! Fondestos to one and all. Stay well. Love and Cheers, Spiderman! Pics: Miss Etta this morning! 


Coming Sunday December 2, the infamous TuneAgers will be performing their Christmas Program "Sounds of Christmas" in the Shatford Centre of the Arts, 760 Main St, Penticton. Yours Truly's Jim French and Aart Dronkers will there singing their hearts out ... just for you, assuming you will be there! Attached please find the announcement poster for this important concert. Enjoy it while you can! Cheers, Aart Dronkers Hello Fartograms, This coming Monday we will be under the comfortable leadership of Kilian Jungen with a hike yet to be decided on! We are in discussion, so nothing for you to worry about, all will be taken care of! The hike will be close to Summerland, therefore we will get together at 9:00AM at the IGA parking lot in Summerland. Pentictonites and South Okanagan Fartograms will need to gather at the Home Hardware parking lot in Penticton at 8:40AM, then carpool to Summerland. Hope you can make it. The Monday hikes continue to be popular 😀 Aarturos




No comments:

Post a Comment