Thursday 8 November 2018

Proportional Vote Debate Blues: Thursday, November 8th!

Your voice dries up if you don't use it. -Patti Page, singer (8 Nov 1927-2013)


Around 1:30 pm I drove to Summerland and dropped off two bags of Golden Delicious for René and Terry. They were having a bit of yard work done and a gorgeous Golden Lab, belonging to chap cutting the grass came to greet me at the gate. 

As soon as I'd placed the bags on the other side of the fence the quick-witted pooch removed a large apple from the bag and retreated to the middle of the lawn. KHe was about to chomp into it when René ordered him to stop as he wasn't sure if dog was allowed to eat it. I'm sure it would be fine with owner but I'll have to ask René about the eventual outcome when next I see him. Waved goodbye and then drove back to Penticton to take car into Huber for an oil change. As day was bright and sunny I decided to go for another ride and suited up at home, before I left, and put my Trek on rack. Started out from dealership and made my way to Lakeshore. Quite a decent wind out of the North at about 13 kph but cool rather than tough to ride into so I dipsy-doodled my way around town while I waited to collect The MarriageMobile. Most enjoyable but I really need to start out earlier as, with time and season change it starts to grow dark by 4:30 pm. Nevertheless, really pleased that I took the opportunity to ride, given change in weather! If snow stays I'll be snowshoeing on the KVR soon! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3148666066#.W-UoMtk86eM.email


Sally is planning to retire ASAP as supervisor/director of the Kidspace Early Childhood Education Centre. A violent, dangerous, and probably psychopathic immigrant 5 year old boy from Uganda is tearing her educational program apart by his aggressive behaviour. She receives little or no support from naive higher-ups, and most of her young staff have proven themselves to be disinterested and incompetent.

On the bright side, here’s photographic proof that Sally and I have managed to continue our lineage, by producing beautiful children including Kellan, our one and only grandchild. You’ll just have to guess and decide who’s who from this hodgepodge of photos. Best Pat. Hi again, Proud Grandparents! Fabulous shots of Kellan. Tiernan looks well. Sorry to hear about Sally's work but I'm sure she'll enjoy retirement. Tough life we find but we somehow manage! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Come to the David Coffaro End of Harvest Celebration! 

 A Very Special Invitation

To all of our loyal, local supporters & locals for a day~
Come and visit with us for the grand reveal of our
New Tasting Room & Deck Space

Also, a great opportunity to pick-up your 2017 futures (aged 10 months) and/or the October Dave's Club allocation
 

DETAILS

WHAT:
2017 Futures Release & October Wine Club Pick-up Party

WHEN:
Saturday, November 17th - 11:00 am to 4:00 pm

WHERE:
At The Winery - 7485 Dry Creek Road Geyserville CA 95441

WINES:
Newly Bottled 2017 "Futures"
Select pours from the October Wine Club
DC Fusion - $117/Case Sale for Club Members during the month of November
Barrel Tasting - 2017 Dave's Cuvee

FOOD:
Charcuterie-antipasti & specialty cheese platters - gourmet spreads - Costeaux Bakery award winning breads - sweets
 

ACTIVITIES:
Fun games, Giveaways, Music on the Big Screen, and more!

COST:
Complimentary to Wine Club & Futures Club Members & their guests

RSVP:
Total number of guests in your party to catalina

Hello New Tasting Room/Deck People!

Congratulations, indeed, on the Grand Reveal! Sorry we will miss what looks like an incredible bash. All well here, particularly me, given that I had day surgery to repair two small hernias, this past September. [Postponed right shoulder replacement, until mid-March, next year, as after my hospitalization in Berlin, for pneumonia, I felt I wouldn't present myself as fit as possible for that operation, originally scheduled for July 26th.] Back riding my road bike although when it was raining a week or so ago, I used one of my Brodie's that I've set up with an Allu stationary trainer, under our covered back patio. I plan to move unit inside to our so-called Rumpus Room where I can exercise and watch Netflix or read as I pedal away.

 
Very close friends, Ruth/Rick, from Squamish, visited us last weekend and we had a wonderful time wine-tasting. They arrived on Friday afternoon and we had a riotous time playing bridge that evening. [Rosie-the-Riveter is visiting for six weeks and she plays a mean game as well.] On Saturday we spent much of the afternoon tasting on the Bench, (La Frenz, Little Engine, Moraine, Township 7), and then to Painted Rock before heading to Chloë's place to show them her new condo. [She was Employee of the Month at Pacific Quorum, (a property management firm here in Penticton), for August!] More bridge and wonderful "blind" tastings with dinner that evening.

Last Sunday, once back from the Christmas Craft Fair I went for a glorious ride. Pretty brisk wind out of the SSE at 24 kph and I rode through waves of leaves at times, especially along Lakeshore. Quite thrilling, actually, in spite of the fact that gusts made it relatively tough cycling anytime I was headed into wind. This past Thursday we attended a very interesting and disturbing lecture of Wildfires and Climate Change and presenter opined that stronger and stronger winds will become a fact of life, for a variety of reasons. [Cannot even begin to say how upset we are over hearing about the latest devastating wildfires in California. Ayn knows an actress who has done many films for Hallmark and she lost her home in Malibu!] I've certainly noticed this since coming here three years ago.
 

Chloë will be in Vancouver this weekend, seeing friends. Ayn is doing extremely well and just closed a deal on buying her first condo so she is excited about that. She moves in on December 6th, my birthday as it turns out. Pierre will live with her while he is completing his degree in Engineering. Alexander and Samantha are expecting a girl this coming February and Lady Dar will spend a week in LA after Mexico. I'm driving her to Kelowna on New Year's Eve for her flight to Calgary and then Puerto Vallarta. I will stay here to snowshoe and keep the home fires burning. Love the winters as they are so mild, compared to Manitoba, that I have to laugh at the locals! 

Ayn is flying up this coming Thursday, to see her grandmother. She was here, in early September, but has not been to Winnipeg/Falcon, for some time so wanted to see Clara. Must away as I need some kindling. Have a number of oak logs which need a bit of help to well and truly going. Stay well. Fondestos from Lady Dar, already asleep to you both and to all the winery staff. Have a terrific party and we'll be thinking of you over the Pick-up Party weekend. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment