Wednesday 28 November 2018

Lady Dar Returns to Rule The Roost Blues: Wednesday, November 28th!

The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself. -Rita Mae Brown, writer (b. 28 Nov 1944) 



The Zoo Keeper let the wild animals out of 5:00 am and then retired back to his warm bed until just after 8:00 am. Up then to zap their pumpkin portions and fill the now depleted crunchie bowls, no sign of either Etta or Duke. Taking out the compost container, Miss Etta surfaced, sliding under the patio fence to wait for me to open both doors for her. No hesitation about shaking a paw for pumpkin now and once she was enjoying her first course I opened the front door and El Diablo was waiting on the mat. Of course, he is always "hurt" when Etta is fed first so I had to bring his breakfast to him where he stood on the rug, just inside the door. Glad Lady Dar will be back this evening as I need help caring for these High Maintenance Sensitive New Age Felines! 


Photo: Thomas Hawk
Good morning Patrick! Are you and the cats behaving in Corrine 'a absence???
I am wondering what the count is for tomorrow...If we don't have enough for 2 tables I may see if I can get more Let me know See you tomorrow Judy Xo
Hi Judy Blue! While I've been a very good boy the same cannot be said for Etta and Duke! By my precise calculations, two tables tomorrow evening as have seven confirmed. I think Carol is still away but if you can rustle up one more player that would be grand. If not, Dummy can move. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Miss Etta keeping close and cosy as I scribed, a few days ago; Miss Etta's new spot: Lady Dar's "office" chair, in Rumpus Room, while Duke looks on from his perch!

Thanks for update. I see that you have no trouble keeping busy and having fun. Your fur babies are soo lucky to have both of you as parents. I will see if Ann would like to come over to make 8. I am trying to ready my place for guests tomorrow. Have a dentist appt at 130 and then a few errands! Enjoy the rest of the day. Greetings to Corrine on her arrival and see you tomorrow Judy
  
Hello Duhlink! Trust you have not been washed away! The forecast looks great for a ride today so later this morning I plan to head out, probably to OK Falls as wind is out of the South so I'll have it at my back, (I hope!), on run home! Just had a call from Dr Specs and your glasses are ready for pick-up. I can pop by to collect them so that you can try them. Owner said you might want them adjusted so let me know what you'd like to do. I have to do a bit of grocery shopping so I'll be out anyway.

Looks like two tables tomorrow evening at Judy Blue's. Must away as I have to vacuum the red carpet to take to YYF for your royal arrival! Fondestos from The Boy who just finished drinking from the kitchen sink and Miss Bengal, sitting on the picture window sill. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Vancouver. Love, Patrizzio!


Yes please pick up my glasses see you at airport love corinne Your wish is my command, Countess Corinna!  Hi Chloë: Hope nobody is shouting at you today! Cheers, Dad! So far so good but a meeting at 6:30 so we will see if I make it scott free today!

This morning the forecast looked great for a ride so I suited up close to noon and headed out, OK Falls my destination, as wind was out of the SSE at 19 kph  so I'd have it at my back, (I hoped!), on run home! Heading down Ellis I swooped along and knew that I had a slight chance of attaining an AVG of 20 kph for the ride as when I had made the Lakeshore/Riverside loop and was back at PTC I had logged 10 km and had about thirty seconds to spare and had attained that mark. Also knew that this would drop on my way up the KVR to Vancouver and then on ride south along Government and South Main to Eastside Road. Nevertheless, I soldiered on and felt pretty good, in spite of the strong head wind, by the time I passed turnoff to Blasted Church, (noting, for the first time, as I had not ridden or driven this route for quite a while, the two new road signs that had been posted, (Seek and Ye Shall Find" and This is Your Sign), in keeping with the winery's name, I presumed!

Up a short climb past Matheson Creek Farm and then, just before the McLean Creek Road turnoff, to the left, I took a right onto Devon Drive, a street I'd never explored before. Following it as far as Camberly Cove, where I doubled back, I was quite surprised at the extensive housing development there, having thought most of the dwellings were off Eastside. At any rate, on way back to Eastside I said hello to a doe and her yearling and fawn, munching on somebody's lawn, before I was pushed along, quite nicely, by the wind, still out of the S/SSE. However, given the coming long, slight rises in grade, particularly along South Main and Dawson, ahead, and the available remaining distance home, I understood that my goal of breaking the 20 kph AVG I had earlier wondered about, was not a real possibility. Nevertheless, I put my best foot forward and was reasonably pleased to find that I had managed to clock an AVG of 19.5 kph, my best since starting to ride, post-hernia surgery. Hip Hip Hooray! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3192033262#.W_8ex5OtJco.email


No comments:

Post a Comment