Sunday 2 July 2017

Hard Nose The I-5 While Sarge Finally Sings The Tinsel Town Blues: Sunday, July 2nd!

Winston will do his best to be home at 3pm to receive you xox Dearest Winston!
Thank you so much for your warm hospitality! We are just about to have a bite for breakfast and then load the car so trust we will be hitting the road around 9:00 am. Looking forward to seeing you after all the felines we've encountered en route! Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! PS: Lady Dar, are you recording The Tour de France? Please advise!!!!

Dear Poppa, Safe travels to you and your freeloading companion. I've been informed there will be lasagna this evening in Valley Glen. Speaking of felines, I had a delicious Siamese with my eggs this morning...cheers, Winston Hello Wole, et al! Trust you are well. Sorry I've not been in touch sooner. No excuses but plenty of reasons. However, Executive Summary!!! Read First!!!
Attenzione! Attenzione! Ateenzione! We expect to arrive at Woodland around 3:00 pm. If we manage to leave Berkeley around 9:00 am, we should arrive in LA around 3:00 pm. I'd like to take my friend, Sarge, on The Orange Line for a short ride, time allowing, so was wondering if you'd like to join us. I If you receive this message in time, please let me know what you think as well as providing your phone number as I must have misplaced it! Much to tell, anon.


Upon arrival, after decanting The MarriageMobile, Sarge and I suited up for a ride and then, only then, did I discover that I had left my clip-ons and gloves in Berkeley! Fortunately, my pedals have a flat surface on the flip side so I went riding in my snazzy blue Crocs! Had a great ride and even met a couple, Kate and Jon Saffey, who own Nicola's Kitchen, a very popular Italian restaurant known to Ayn, close to Los Horridos' favourite Japanese restaurant, Kabuki, where we have eaten many times ourselves. We learned that John is quite serious about opening a place in the Okanagan and has researched the possibilities quite thoroughly already. I have proposed Vincenzo for Pizza Chef and ChloĆ« as Hostess so all the pieces are falling into place!!! Map and Stats for ride: 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1832222660#.WVnTEEdYXC0.email


Hi Kate and John! Terrific to meet you both. Wish I could have joined you to Santa Susannah but we had 42 km on the clock by the time we were back at my daughter's place on Woodman, just a block or so from busway. In fact, Ayn has been to your place as it is, as I need not tell you, very close to Kabuki, one of her favourite Japanese restaurants. Over the years we have eaten there many times. If we have time, while here, we might try to pop in to say hello. All the best to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!



No comments:

Post a Comment