Monday 3 July 2017

Iconic Hollywood Sign, Reservoir, Walk-of-Fame and Santa Monica Pier Blues: Monday, July 3rd!

Dearest Sock Thieves! Never, ever, in the history of Freeloading, has so much retribution been visited upon the the weak currency Canucks. Were it not for the Über Gumbo fed to us, so plentifully, we probably would have succumbed to the trauma of lost things! Together with chain oil, bike rags and snacks were my cycling boots and gloves! 

All this to say that if it might be convenient, or at least not overly inconvenient, I would like to stay at Casa Vicente on Monday night, July 10th, so that I can leave, when Cactus rises at 5:30 am to knead dough, to make for Portland on Tuesday. Should Hotel Paridiso be fully booked, I am happy to stay with Lana Turner and Marcus Aurelius, or even sleep with the llamas!

I send greetings and many thanks from Sockless Sarge, for the wonderful stay, scrumptious bagged lunch and ever so comfortable air mattress. He is becoming an expert in inflatables as he slept on a smaller version of your California King in Ayn's living room last night!

In closing, please let me know, by return post, what you think about my slightly pushy, but never forward, request and I'll plan accordingly. Let me thank you, in advance, for your prompt attention to this matter. Yours Sincerely, Patrizzio, Il Conduttore, Traveling Freeloader Extraordinaire, Esq. Pics: Canada Day Gumbo Fest! Arrivederci Casa Vicente! Tinsel Town Lasagna Fest! Sleepy Sockless Sarge this good morn!


Hi Cactus! Just a quick reply BUT I think I'll ask you to brings gloves and shoes to Burbank if we can coordinate your schedule with Ayn's pre-wedding errands, etc. What time will you be in Burbank and where! Off to see Hollywood Sign! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Dearest Prickly Pear and Ever Lovely Donna Florida, et al! Thank you both so much for all your effort and concern, caused solely by my own inattention to my luggage, or muleage, as the Sherpas of Upper Vicente can well attest! However, I really do not want to burden you further with any complications that might arise. In short, I can live without the said items, [Do try to squeeze and then nibble what you find inside "The Plastic Thing", Hollywood's latest hit-horror!

I would much appreciate you keeping Los Alamos and its valued possessions until Fate provides the next intersection for the always enjoyed visits, north or south of the 49th. Thank you again for the warm and warm-hearted hospitality and your continuing, open and patient friendship. Fondestos and Best Wishes from Sarge. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Really Pat, it's not a bit of a problem to buzz over to Van Nuys. Our friend won't be home from his employment until 6 or so in the evening. We hope someone is home to receive us, if not, we will just leave the valuables in some convenient spot.  So we are planning on that!  We could also still see if Elise would host you for a night if you wish, I'd have no problem asking her. We are looking forward to scenic Van Nuys! Prickly and Lovely

Hello Dearest Patrizzia and Prickly Pear Pizza Chef! Again, thank you both so much for all your bounteous hospitality and wonderful friendship. I apologize, as always, again, for apologizing for the length of time it always seems to take send thanks. At any rate, trip has gone exceedingly well ever since we waved goodbye. The figs were snatched from my very hands when we arrived in Berkeley but other than that a most congenial stay. Trip to LA went well and we arrived in time to go for a terrific 41 km ride before dinner. Sam and Alejandro, soon-to-be-marrieds, came by for dinner as that evening was only chance to see Sarge.

Today, Ayn took us on a remarkable "guided' tour.
We started out driving to the bottom of the Hollywood sign, as close as is possible to get on public streets. Gorgeous view of the reservoir, as well. Then on to The Walk of Fame to pay hommage to Oscar, driving on Rodeo Dr to pick up a Cartier diamond necklace for Lady Dar's 70th birthday and then to park in Santa Monica to walk to the pier. After the pleasant stroll, a tasty lunch at P.F. Chang's! Avocado/lobster roll for Ayn and delish Wonton soup for me. [Sarge won't remind me of his food!] Then home through Beechwood Canyon, a marvellous drive. Only thing better would to have been in The Krankenheimer's Tesla. Without exaggerating, one of the most wonderful days I've ever spent in Tinsel Town. Ayn Lenore is one hell of a great tour guide! Hip Hip Hooray!

Again, thank you both so much for all your incredible hospitality and for the most generous bottle of Sparkling Pinot! It, along with one from our stash in Portland, will be much appreciated by all of the pre-wedding guests at our rental house, near the beach, in Oxnard. 
Fondestos and Best Wishes from Sarge. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lovely to meet Kate and Brian/Bryan, (?), and hope they enjoy their stay in Oregon. Golden Gate and Berkeley safe house; Lake Hollywood
  

Hi friends: I wonder if you would (a) be around, (b) have a spare room, if Steve and I plan to visit to Penticton 20-24 June-ish? I need to put a placeholder in my diary now to stop the rest of July from being consumed by work. Rather than hire a car, I think we would come on the Greyhound bus arriving Thursday eve and leave Monday morn. We are happy to hang out -walking, swimming, cooking, small construction projects - no need for major entertainments apart from ?f a birthday celebration for Corinne. Please let us know whether this looks like a good plan - if not, a week later on also would work for us. Cheers, Kathleen
 
Hi Kathleen—Peter and I (a) will be around on those dates and (b) have a spare room, which has not already been spoken for for those dates! You and Steve are more than welcome to come and bunk with us in The Naramata. Cheers, Lynnie 
Kathleen Delighted to hear that Steve and you are visiting the Okanagan again. Did you mean July instead of June?? We have room as well if you want to stay in Peachland. The Greyhound Bus Depot is 12 minutes away in West Kelowna.
Apart from that we would love to spend some time with you in the sunny Okanagan. Let us know if you have time and what works for you. Cheers, Nancy and Les.Hi again - Yes, I meant July, sorry - it's a miracle that I can organise my way out the door some days. In my defense I was on a teleconference from midnight to 2AM this morning. Thanks for your offers of spots to stay; I'll just wait to hear from C&P then finalise the details. Cheers xoxo K

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment