Wednesday 26 July 2017

More Guests So Need To Be Singing The Early Morning Biking Blues: Wednesday, July 26th

So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable. -Aldous Huxley, novelist (26 Jul 1894-1963)




Good Morning Book Clubbers! A quick note to remind everyone about our next gathering on Wednesday, August 2nd. If memory serves me well, Senka offered to host so if this is still the case we will convene at 1853 Sutherland Road around 7:00 pm. Again, if I recall correctly, people might wish to bring a bottle of wine or a cheese of choice and we can sip and nibble while we discuss When
Breath Becomes Air. Please let me know if what I've outlined suits. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Good Morning Patrick: Sounds great…………see you Aug. 2 if not before. Thank you for the pictures. Have a FABULOUS OKANAGAN DAY
Hugs from Hildi 😊

Hi Patrick I will not miss this event and am glad to bring wine and a taste of cheese! Lou Super! I will prepare some appies! Also have plenty of wine but if you would like to share anything please bring along. Please confirm attendance! 7 pm sounds great! Senka/Albarina Dearest Albariña, et al! Terrific! Lady Dar and I will be there, as well as Luigi and Dame Judith. I believe Von Bingen will attend, perhaps Michelle Dunn, but no confirmation from either, or Spamela, as of this writing. Will provide attendance stats as soon as I have more informazzione! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! I have written down an "appetizer" of choice, however cheese would be nice and easy for us all. Judi


It has been a while since our last newsletter and we have missed everyone. The reason for our absence is Charlie was diagnosed with neuro endocrine cancer early Spring and his medical journey has been an almost full-time commitment.
Now as we move forward on a healing path, we also look forward to returning our focus to our wonderful travel business and awesome travel clients.

Susan and Marnie will be the principles planning and booking your travel experiences with Charlie as wise consultant. We are planning to have our next travel club meeting towards end of summer and our next newsletter will follow shortly. In the meantime, please let us know via email your travel wishes so we can plan our trips for fall, winter and beyond! Warmest Regards, Susan, Charlie and Marnie
 
Dearest Champagne and O Susannah! Having just read about your diagnosis and full-time treatment both Lady Dar and I wanted to send along our support for you during this difficult healing process. Know that we are thinking and rooting for you as I know all those who know you will be doing. Once you are able we'd love to host you two for whatever length of time you wish, here at Burns Street. We desperately need bridge coaching and who does that better than King of Hearts Carlos! Bid a small slam, Six No Trump, last night and only went down three! Onward!! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge and sunset on Spiller Road, up above Naramata Road, with Phillipo, Junk Food Gilliana and Olga Polga.

A friend in Van has Neuro Endocrine cancer & is under treatment for it What kind of cancer is it ? Charlie was our travel agent & we played Bridge with him & his wife Suzanne a lot . Very warm today, Pam Came last nite & made supper for myself ,Cody ,and Eva ,she is away Visiting her friend Lynda today ,then is going to Donna Wallaces for Supper ,& will spend one more nite here before going back to War Eagle Dustin is bringing some friends out this weekend
George has started to pick raspberries this week ,I have made one Batch of jam & ready to make another Corinne phoned today ,said it is very dry there .doesn't help the forest Fires .Betty's family is all coming home for long weekend ,they are Putting Pearse's ashes in the cemetery here on that Sunday & also David is giving the message at church the same day .I hope to go out
To cemetery. MumThe body’s endocrine system is made up of cells that produce hormones. Hormones are chemical substances that are carried through the bloodstream that have a specific effect on the activity of other organs or cells in the body.


A neuroendocrine tumor begins in the hormone-producing cells of the body’s neuroendocrine system, which is made up of cells that are a combination of hormone-producing endocrine cells and nerve cells. Neuroendocrine cells are found throughout the body in organs such as the lungs and gastrointestinal tract, including the stomach and intestines. Neuroendocrine cells perform specific functions, such as regulating air and blood flow through the lungs and controlling how quickly food moves through the gastrointestinal tract. Also found in the brain where they are controlled.So he likely has a tumor in one of the endocrine producing organs. Treatment would depend on where the cancer was.


Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1877840627#.WXmGNHggo7E.email

Hi P, been thinking on our conversation, hope you've made moves to get that bloody cortisone shot, it'll change yr life. Here are the basic stretches I do. Do 3 of each at a brief session, working up to 8-10 In each stretch, try as hard as you can to relax everywhere but the area you're working on Stand for all, feet shoulder-width apart Breathe slowly.  

Reservation made for eight of us at 6:30 on Sunday August 13th: Paul/Joan/Liisa/Hal/Hazel/Ernie/Pat/Corinne Cheers....Paul PS - I thought I sent this before but it is in my draft box - re-sending just in case. Paul Sounds great,

Corinne & Patrick Hey Grandpa Pat, sorry for late email (but that's how long it took me to read your email). I love twisted hills, eau vivre, clos du soleil and orofino, we stopped by all of those in our last journey up to see you all. The cider from Twisted Hills is especially nice and we regret not getting some for the trip home, but, believe it or not, we had enough adult beverages for one trip, but do miss the twisted hills cider.

Once again, so sorry to hear about Corinne's dad, he was a true gentleman and from the little I know about him, what a life, and not to mention his artistic penchant - that I believe you told me he picked up later in life? I hope you all are doing well and I'm so sorry for the loss, it truly is a loss, he was a good man to be around and he was so nice and welcoming to freeloading stray dogs like me and Pat jr. Out of curiosity, how did you handle his passing? I feel death is such a strange thing to deal with, even though it is a very normal (and inevitable) part of life, and I'm always curious how other people approach it.

I'm working for the government still and have one last term to finish up at SLAIS and then I think I am done school for a while, or at least until I garner enough funds to make a return and if a program accidentally/foolishly accepts me. Otherwise things here are as normal, no complaints (knock on wood). As you have heard I'm sure, the summer came a bit late here but I have still managed to get some good rides in, although, I am still hoping to make a ride all the way out to SFU before summer ends. I have ridden as far as Hastings and Boundary, but that's not really that difficult I would say. What would your routes usually be when you rode around here?

Looks like life is good in your new home and needless to say Vancouver does not miss you Pat, we are doing just fine! I need to get in touch with Chloe regarding my sunglasses, assuming they haven't been donated to the Salvation Army at this stage Send my best to Corinne and looking forward to another post-graduate essay from you Take care, VL

  

Hi OF's, Great hike last Thursday to Apex, with more wildflowers on the meadows up top than I've seen in recent years. It's forecast for another hot day tomorrow so I thought another day in the Apex area would suit... Mt Riordan and then down to Nickel Plate lake. Should be all done and dusted in a 4 hour outing. If you're interested in joining Gill, me and Nala, that would be great; arrangements per usual, meet at 8 at Home Hardware (7:40 at IGA for Summerlandonians to car pool). Please email me back if you plan to come. Cheers all, Phil Robson Hi Phillipo! Sounds like a wonderful outing and I would dearly love to join you, particularly since I've not hiked to Nickel Plate Lake before but I simply have too, too much to do before we leave for the weekend. Thanks again for last night and hope to see you both for bridge next Tuesday. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

No comments:

Post a Comment