Monday 10 July 2017

I-5 Blues: Monday, July 10th!

Hello Fellow, and I assume, Weary Travelers, Fabulous Tinsel Town Host/Chauffeur et al!

Pulled into the driveway at Skyline Blvd B&B at just after 9:00 pm so was on the road for almost 15 hours exactly! Only two stops, en route. First, just out of Sacramento, in Woodland, I believe, for gas and a chance to void my bursting bladder, around 12:30 pm! Traffic, everywhere, was never heavy and so I sped along wherever I happened to be. Stopped next in Roseburg, Oregon, (or Rossburg, as Sarge called it on way down!), for next fill and emptying! Had a few drops of rain on 123 but landscape is so picturesque, (Orange groves and even some vineyards, if I'm not mistaken, along with many other market gardens, of course.), that I hardly noticed the slight precipitation.

Furthermore, it was quite cloudy for first part of I-5 so I didn't need air-conditioning until after Sacramento as it was 103º F when I drove through Redding. Have never seen Lake Shasta as high as it was so pleased about that. Hardly any of the shore bank is visible, covered as it is by the high water. A far cry from some of the times when hundreds of feet of the basin were exposed. Turned the A/C off after I descended Mount Ashland, into Oregon, as temperature dropped to 81º F around Medford. I opened the windows and cranked up the volume on the CD's I played. Wonderful not to have The Sisterhood or Sarge whining! Even ate my overlefts without having to endure snide comments about expiry dates and likely disease!

Michaelo came to greet me in his pajamas and we visited over a pint of his latest IPA. Marilyn left post-it notes on the fridge and coffee-maker so The Dull Boys could/can navigate feeding themselves for both dinner and breakfast! He had already eaten but I enjoyed a wonderful helping of Moussaka, wild rice and mixed salad. As soon as I send this message I'm off to take a quick shower and then hit the hay. Will unload the Coffaro wine I'm leaving here tomorrow morning. Hope to wave goodbye by 9:00 am, or even slightly earlier, if only to try to miss as much rush-hour traffic as possible.

Must away as I'm starting to feel rather sleepy. Fondestos and Cheers to one and all. Patrizzio!

Pics: Ayn's cactus; The MarriageMobile turned into a BikeMobile! Rosita was first up, at 5:00 am; Sleepy Boy! Toasting the Newlyweds with Coffaro yesterday evening before The Bright Young Things were back from Melrose Avenue!

No comments:

Post a Comment