Wednesday 1 November 2017

Burns Street Bridge Camp Bidding Blues: Wednesday, November 1st!

A man said to the universe: "Sir I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "The fact has not created in me a sense of obligation." -Stephen Crane, writer (1 Nov 1871-1900) 

Hello property tycoons! What with having a new townhouse built and recreation property you must be trying to emulate Donald Trump! For my part the only recreational property I could afford would be a tent in the fields at the back of Sydney House!


Your sojourn to Poland sounds very interesting. Unfortunately we will be taking the Eurostar to Holland in May to meet Alan and Loretta (Delta friends) who are doing a European river cruise. We won't be joining them on the cruise but will spend some time with them in Holland. Then in June/July (dates not finalised yet) we are heading your way to do the Alaska cruise with them. It would be nice if we could stop over in Ontario to see Gayle,s brother and sister in law but it depends on timing since we always have to get someone to look after Spuddy. Not a problem for short durations away but becoming more problematic on longer absences.




Like you I have a pile of wood to cut and store. While Gayle was in Vancouver we had a couple of terrific storms which felled a maple in the garden. Pity but it has supplied some needed fire wood for next year. Last week we brought Tristan down for half term. Always a full on time while he is here. He is doing a project on castles at school (a very simple project since he is barely six years old) so we took him to a few castles while he was here so that he could experience a little of the atmosphere. On one occasion he was allowed to try on an actual helmet which he thought was quite cool! 

We took him to our fav Italian restaurant while he was here for his pizza which he always enjoys. What 5 year old would sit and eat a bowl of garlic olives! Great place. It's owned by a guy from Scicily and all his staff are Italians which makes it feel you are actually in Italy since they all talk to each other (or should I say shout) in Italian. We have been going there for some 25 years. We took him back on Friday and returned home on Saturday since we were volunteering at Trelissick to do pumpkin carving with the kids. Handed out 69 pumpkins and was amused at watching the dads take over the pumpkin carving from their kids!

We are having a relaxing week this week and catching up on some very needed walking to take advantage of the gorgeous autumn weather. Won't last and a change is expected next week. Just waiting for some coal to be delivered then off to Falmouth for the afternoon. Best wishes, Derek 

Hello The Sisterhood! With Naramata Goil, Olga Polga, Lady Dar and myself, we have four for one table, this evening, at Burns Street, so you can have the night off, Barbarella. Thanks for offering to fill-in, if needed. See everyone else at 6:30 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Barbarella, your address is in group mailing so I don't know why you didn't receive the earlier message. I know Patrick. Unless in a senior moment I deleted it without answering !!! Very possible that it could happen. Have fun tonight and wishing everyone great cards! 😀�� b

Hi Bridge folk, Olly here.... I thought that it was agreed that Bridge was at my house this evening. So sorry ....where did that email of mine go??? My place is still on the table so you folk like to come on over... let me know otherwise I'll see you at your Burns St. estate at 6:30pm. Hugs, Olly Hi Olly, You hosted not so long ago so lets do it at our place. Best Corinne

Hi Patrick just had another fail with your email so just to let you know our plans for next year are 4 June to 14 Munich and bike ride to Vienna then @3 to 30 Bike ride in switzerland. Cheers from over here. Hello Brisbanites and Vancouverites! Thanks for trying to contact me via email. I'm completely flummoxed as to why you seem not to be able to send messages. Whatever address you have "should" be redirected to my latest UBC address. I receive messages via Messenger to this address, through Facebook, so perhaps this particular pathway manages to avoid whatever glitch seems to be plaguing straight email. 
 
At any rate, I'm in the midst of planning a bicycle trip to Poland at the end of May. Not sure what you mean by "@3 to 30"? Is it regarding dates for a bike ride in Switzerland? If you can clarify this then perhaps we might overlap, somewhere, sometime! Fondestos from Chloë and Lady Dar, both abed, already. All the best to you both and to the denizens of Heartbreak Terrace. Cheers, Patrizzio! Here is my current address. I sent you a more detailed message from there, just a few moments ago. Let me know if you receive it. Cheers! 

Do you have a time frame for next Wednesday as i do have an eye appointment in Abbotsford at 9:15 Hi Spectacle Woman! Since my appointment is at 1:45 pm on Wednesday, I've decided to drive down on Tuesday and Imagine, if the roads are not overly snow-bound, that I should be near Chilliwack, around 1:00 pm, all things going well. If Tuesday doesn't fit with your schedule I could stop by on Thursday, on my way home. Let me know what you think and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers! 

Hi Jean! Corinne passed along your email address so I have forwarded the contract below. Rick said he thought we would like him to look over it. Please let me know if there is other documentation you will need and I'll make sure it is sent to you. 

On another matter, we had occasion to deal with Tina Stanley, at RBC, here in Penticton, and over the course of our meeting we mentioned Rick's name in connection with condo purchase and she said to say hello to him. She and her husband used to live in Squamish and I gather she had some business dealings with Rick. Additionally, she is from Kamloops, originally, so knows the summer cabin. She now lives in Peachland. I guess we are all related!Thanks again for all your efficient work on the sale of the loft. Much appreciated. Again, let me know how we should proceed in this latest matter. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Yesterday I muled more firewood from here in town and so I didn't have enough time for a ride by the time I had made two trips. Olga Polga and Spumoni were coming for bridge so I had to shower and change before they arrived. Had loads of fun as they are terrific ladies, both in my hiking group as well. Pics: Playing bridge and drinking rum!!  Hi Pizza Castle People!Great snaps! Sorry to hear that you will be holidaying in a tattered tent in your back garden, Not a bad spot so don't know why you are complaining! Time in Holland sounds lovely. Do hope we will see you this summer so please let us know your dates when travel plans have concretiized. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment