Friday 10 November 2017

Hope Princeton Snowy Roads Blues: Thursday, November 9th!

For all our conceits about being the center of the universe, we live in a routine planet of a humdrum star stuck away in an obscure corner ... on an unexceptional galaxy which is one of about 100 billion galaxies. ... That is the fundamental fact of the universe we inhabit, and it is very good for us to understand that. -Carl Sagan, astronomer and writer (9 Nov 1934-1996)



Need eggs Hello Lady Dar! Trust you are feeling better! Thanks for the newsy note!!! I'm just off so hope to be home by 3:00 pm, or perhaps earlier. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Good morning Corinne and Patrick, Just to report that I arrived safely yesterday and all is well. We plan to leave here at 10 am tomorrow morning so should be with you early afternoon around 3pm, weather permitting. I saw in the newspaper and on the news that you are expecting snow flurries today. Fortunately I have my boots and some thick clothes with me.

I insisted Andre organised a working cellphone during my visit and he managed to do yesterday - just in time. Here is our number just in case you want to contact us beforehand, assuming he remembers to keep it turned on and charged. I am looking forward very much to us spending some quality time together and catching up with all your news. Much love, Rosemary XXX 


Pat, let me know when you are around, Fred Hi! Patrizzio: The biking group has dwindled down to 2 - just Carol & Tom Hoenisch are going. [Hi Katarina, As of now only Tom & myself are interested in joining a cycling group through Poland: May 28th – June 10th, 2018. Do you have a cycling group of 4-6 people we could join up with on the tour? Tom needs to know before the end of November as he has to book his vacation time for next year. Thank You Carol Hoenisch]
I will be joining Elvia, Liz & Judy for a 3-week trip to Italy in May/June 2018. When do you go on your Costa Rico trip? Paul & I are leaving Mon. Nov. 13 on our Panama Canal cruise. Will be back home on Dec. 2nd. Our annual Xmas Open House is Friday, Dec. 15 @ 6:30 pm. Hope you & Corinne can join us this year. Ciao for now!! Mary Lee :-) 

Hello Panama Cruise People! Lovely trip you have coming up! I have heard from Katarina and as I understand it, she will be stitching together the required number so that the Penticton Group, such as it is, can participate. Not sure what Jack Rabbit and Phillipo will do, as of this writing but I assume, from chats I've had with Gilliana, that  they will not wish to be part of the guided tour. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Chloë busy studying for her final exam, for her property management course, this coming Tuesday.], still abed but barking out orders, nonetheless! Travel safely and take care of each other. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Federico! Sorry I didn't call when in Vancouver. Unfortunately. I didn't actually read your message until I was back in Penticton! [From time/date stamp, I gather you sent it around 4:00 pm and I was already near Keremeos by then!] I had to be back to attend a fund-raiser at the Penticton Art Gallery, Soup Bowls Project, that evening. Lady Dar and Chloë, our youngest daughter, went as well. Local potters throw a variety of soup bowls and one chooses one from tables near the entrance and then you sample soups prepared by local restaurants or community organizations, along with breads and desserts. Great good fun. 

Walls of gallery are hung with pictures and photographs done by local artists and these are for sale as well. Bought a charming acrylic of a California Quail for a Christmas present for Chloë. We have about forty of them in our neighbourhood, both on street in front of our house and in back lane. They often roost in one of the trees in our neighbour's yard and even "cut through" our back patio at times.

Most of the snow, at least here in town, was gone by the time I was back so I hope to go for a ride soon. Anyway, thanks for your phone number. Next time we are down I'll send along a message and perhaps we can arrange to meet. Until then, all the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Some of the paintings; a number of the food stations; Lady Dar with Stefano, bar-tender. Nice to be on the other side of the bar!

Thanks for the pics, Patrick. Sounds like you two have settled right in to Okanagan life. I’m assuming Lady Dar refers to Corinne? Kathry
Hi Kathryn!
Glad you received the snaps. I always worry that I might have the wrong address when collected, on the run, so to speak, during busy times at the VWF or misplaced it afterwards. Funnily enough, I was back in Vancouver, for a few days, last week. Whirlwind trip. You must come for a visit, at some point, in the not too, too distant future. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio

Check out this item I found on Facebook Marketplace. $500 Selling a complete still for distilling spirits or what ever you desire. Comes with 15g key,tower with copper packing, burner, thermometer, ferment tanks and lots of yeast and nutrients:

Hi Sunshine Valley Moonshine People! Apparatus looks like something you could use Big Molly! Too, too complicated for a mechanical dunce like me! Close to your cabin as well!!! [I waved to you both as I blazed past SV!] Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Stay well and take care of each other. Cheers, Patrizzio!


No comments:

Post a Comment