Sunday 5 November 2017

Feline Paw Prints on the Front Sidewalk Snow Sweeping Blues: Sunday, November 5th!

I’ve never met a healthy person who worried much about his health, or a good person who worried much about his soul. -J.B.S. Haldane, scientist (5 Nov 1892-1964)


Hi Josephine Palooka! I was sorry to learn, from Lady Dar, that you are still experiencing some heart irregularity. Not sure if you are back from Vancouver or not but, in any event, trust you and your ticker are on the mend. Hope so as we are on for Soup Bowls on Thursday. I will be in Vancouver for bridge gathering on Wednesday evening, at Judy Blue's place. So far Lady Dar, Olga Polga and Barbarella are on so wondering if you want to play, given all that has happened, of late, and your busy schedule for next two days after. Not trying to freeze you out but rather don't want you to push yourself. 



I would love to play on Wednesday. Thanks Patrick and judy  Xo. B Ok perfect bridge my place on Wednesday 630. Looking forward to it. Judy Xo

Unfortunately, for her part, Lady Dar started feeling poorly at the Christmas Fair yesterday, during her shift at the Grandmothers For Africa booth, so right after dinner she went to bed and was snoring softly, almost immediately, and slept well through the night! I assume she will be sufficiently recovered by Wednesday to play but who knows. Anyway, let me know how you are feeling and what you wish to do. Thanks. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: This morning, Devil Boy watching pigeons out the front window. One of his favourite spots to scope street action!

Will look later; Brent and Krista are here, and Peter & Wendy are due for dinner in a few minutes. Simmered lamb with basmati and cauliflower after salad.We had some excellent Patagonian rose earlier. We are big Chris Hedges fans. The state of our nation & the world are utterly depressing. Cactus 
Hi Pat, thanks for the email and pics. I’ll be there next year for sure. I’m a “lifer” now. I was out for a bike ride yesterday and had to make my way back through snowflakes here in Vanc as well. Nothing like Penticton though. Take care. Maybe we could grab a coffee or better if your schedule allows where you are in town. Let me know All the Best Fred Hi Federico! Glad you enjoyed the snaps. Terrific to know that you received a life sentence from VWF! At least it's not hard time but good time!!! For my part, I'm still trying to concretize my schedule for Tuesday/Wednesday but I'm sure I'll have time for a java or more, as you say. If you send along your phone number I will let you know, as soon as I know, by email, (Before I leave for Vancouver, I trust!), and then give you a shout, when in town, to see about hooking up. Sorry for all the complications but life ain't easy, even in the Snowy, not Sunny, at the moment, Okanagan! At any rate, looking forward to another visit. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Hi Camper Van People! Great that we seem to have bypassed the email gremlins! We will be starting to prepare for Christmas ourselves. Lady Dar will be storing the Halloween decorations and taking out the ones for Christmas. For my part, I'm charged with preparing the invitation for our Open House on December 9th! Will attach two first class, return air tickets, so hope you can make bash!!! This coming Thursday we will attend a wonderful fund raiser at the Penticton Art Gallery, the Soup Bowls Project: 

You choose your own handmade pottery bowl to take home with you and then walk around and sample delectable soups made by local restaurants. It's a battle of the ladles as they compete to win the people's choice for best recipe! All of the recipes will be collected and distributed in a booklet at the event for you to try your hand at them in your own kitchen. The soup will be complemented by fresh artisanal breads and desserts from local bakers as well as local beer and wine. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrizzio, I spoke with the Snoz, and there is better than a 50-50 chance he could, with vague but cleverly disguised threats, be available for Bridge Wednesday. In any case, please count on coming over for dinner - I will make either my infamous burgers, or even more infamous chicken sat<however you spell it> and we can chat over some Bourbon. Branko


[A successfully treed squirrel - live for the moment!] I am in Hawaii 

Hello bridge fanatics, Hi Pat, Though another brain provoking bridge game sounds fabulous, I have a very busy week at work this week and would also not be able to come until later on. So I think I will have to decline the wonderful dinner and bridge evening extravaganza...but this time only! And sadly, I actually had a dessert in my freezer that I could have contributed. Hmmm, maybe it will stay there until the next time :-) Have a safe trip down Pat. Those roads are probably getting very wintery and slippery! Janet AKA the Penguin. Hi Janet!

Trust you are well, if busy! Sorry you won't be joining us. As you know, I'm heading in to Vancouver tomorrow. I had hoped to see Champagne Charlie and was going to swing by hospice once I hit town but we had word today that he died on Monday. Glad we were able to see him when at VWF. Live every day, I guess is the lesson. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Looks like winter! Be careful out there Pat...no falling on your new hips (or was it knees?)...either way, BE CAREFUL. Thank you for letting me know about Charlie...so very very sad. He around the age that my dad was when he died...way to young. And yes, live every moment to the fullest!

Enjoy your trip to the city. I am sorry to miss you this time around, but hopefully on your next visit, I will be able to partake in a rowdy bridge game and maybe even host it! However, this week has not started well...work is a bit crazy and I have patients and medical staff complaining...arg! I'm taking Friday off this week and so am looking forward to a nice long long weekend. Safe travels. Hugs, Janet
 
You are welcome to stay here but you will be on the blow up in the living room. Marvin and Jaxon are here for an appointment for Jaxons ear. Hello Hawaii! Trust everyone is well. Thanks for offer of blow-up, Sarge, but Elaine has invited me to stay. I might, however, take a quick shower at your place and swig a couple of bottles of wine while I'm at it, after I use elliptizer at FCCC. I will head to my dermatologist afterwards. Thanks in advance!!!

Have been meaning to let you know, Grogg, that I bumped into Ted and his wife, Fiona, at the VWF. He wrote down his email but I misplaced it. Do you have an address for him. I'd like to send along some of the snaps I took of them. He looks well and Fiona seems very nice although I just met her briefly as I was bar tending at the time.
Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi Patrizio Thanks for epic message and will be great to see you Next May. Mikes birthday is on 26th do we usually go away around then. Krakow is a beautiful city and visiting the salt mines is a must - they are stunning! We also went to auschwitz which was incredibly moving and unforgettable....I haven’t been to Costa Rica but it’s on my bucket list. John McNally (not sure if you met in Toronto) whom I’ve known for over 50 years lives with his son in Nicaragua now. I’m happy to pass on his email if you think you might visit there too.
We just came back from Med cruise 🚢 with dance friends and are off to Malta for Xmas. The girls are not too thrilled about that but we’re back for New Year and Max’s 9th Birthday on the 1st. Then I’m taking Anna and Lisa to Budapest for 3 days from 2nd Jan- back for Anna’s 40th party on the 6th.
 

Heather is renting Kenah flat in Shepherd’s Bush for 6 weeks from 4th Jan so will come to the party as will Sara from Italy!! So it’s all go as usual. (Mike is off to Berlin with his son while we’re in Budapest). Thanks for pics - lovely to see Corinne and Chloe looking so well. I’ll try to attach some photos but may have to send separately. Love to all and here’s to next May ��!! Penny xx

Hello Whirlwind Tourists! If it's Tuesday, it must be Constantinople!!! Trust everyone is well, if out of breath! Flamin' and Sarge are in Hawaii. For my part, I'm only heading in to Vancouver tomorrow. On a very sad note, however, I had hoped to see Champagne Charlie and was going to swing by hospice once I hit town but we had word today that he died on Monday. Glad we were able to see him when at VWF. Live every day, I guess is the lesson.

Sarge had offered me the use of blow-up, but Elaine has invited me to stay. I might, however, take a quick shower at Harbour Terrace and swig a couple of bottles of wine while I'm at it, after I use elliptizer at FCCC! I will head to my dermatologist afterwards.
Cheers, Patrizzio! Beautiful pics Pat - had no idea there would be so much snow at this time of year! Xx 

Belated thanks for the card Pat. Hope all is well with you three up on the lake. It's gotten chilly here in the big smoke. We're having a quiet week; maybe see you this month when you come down again for the writers fest.  Hi David!

Glad you enjoyed the card. However, VWF has been and gone! Fondestos to Nancy. Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment