Sunday 26 November 2017

Lady Dar Coquihallas while Patrizzio Struggles with the Spiller Road Blues: Sunday, November 26th!

Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence. -Henri Frederic Amiel, philosopher and writer (27 Sep 1821-1881) 




Hi Webcam Man! Perhaps you should pile the spiffily refinished cabinet into the bed of your truck for added weight through the mudslides! I'm sure Chloë will be delighted to store it for you in her new Sendero Canyon mansion! Had a fab ride yesterday so keep an eye on forecast, for your visit as if there isn't any snow perhaps, with your new heart, a ride to the Little Tunnel might be something you'd like to try again! You can bring your bike or use one of mine if easier.
Lady Dar is off to Vancouver, by bus, this afternoon, for her Book Club, Monday night. She won't be back until Wednesday, so just Chloë, Etta and Duke for a few nights. Chloë will drop her off at bus station as I have the Fall release at Township 7 to collect so plan to do the en route to Spiller for more firewood. Has been reasonably dry, (bit of light train last night), for last few days so I'm hoping footing won't be too, too bad on the slopes I need to traverse with wheelbarrow. Sun is shining and a great expanse of blue, blue sky so maybe I'll go for a ride instead! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Local Quail in our front yard Saturday morning.

Hi Marian! Thank you for all your kind words. Glad you enjoyed snaps. My "job" was easy compared to everything all the volunteers accomplished. I know Lady Dar will appreciate your generous comments. Haven't decided about tomorrow's hike. Are you planning to go? Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Patrick! We will be hiking tomorrow. Cheers, Tim
 
Hi Hikers! Haven't decided what I'm going to do, as of this writing. Forecast looks pretty good for both hiking and biking tomorrow. Tuesday looks pretty wet. I should hike as I've missed this activity but I know my cycling days outside are becoming more and more limited. I think I'll see what time I "bound" out of bed tomorrow morning and let that be the deciding factor. 
I spent two hours on Spiller "Mountain" this afternoon, muling seven wheelbarrows of firewood. On fifth load the sky darkened and I was peppered  with hailstones, the size of bb's! Didn't last long but wind was so strong, the moment before the hail came raining down that it blew the car door into my back as I was loading wood. Ouch indeed! Must away as Chloë is calling me to dinner. We will watch ET, a film I've never seen, from start to finish! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Spiller Road Logging Company!Sun was shining and sky was blue when I arrived at 2:00 pm. Last barrow and fading light around 4:00 pm. Carload and woodpile at back of house!

Hello Cadboro Bay! Trust you are both well. I know Lady Dar tried to phone a few days ago. Even busier social schedule now that Christmas is fast approaching. Hope you can join us for our Open House! Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Toronto!Trust you are both well. Sorry I've not been in touch for aeons. Please find enclosed, two return, First Class tickets! Cheers, Patrizzio! Couldn't find the file with the first class tickets, guessing you have
them Ann? Let me know when I need to be at the airport... Deborah
Hello Lower Mainlanders! Trust everyone is well. Please find enclosed, three return, First Class tickets! Cheers, Patrizzio! Wonderful that you will be attending Open House as I'm sure Ann downloaded tics! Bon Voyage and Cheers, Patrizzio!Hi Roma and Leonard! Trust everyone is well. All the best, Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Patricio, Good to hear from you. I'd love to be saying yes, I'll attend your open house, but we don't plan to head deliberately into highway traffic where snow is likely to be a major factor. I'm sure you'll understand. Hope the project raises lots of money - I would like to help with a donation. How should a cheque be addressed?

Thanks for your kind words about my MagOp. It was produced over a period of eighteen months and is probably too dense to tackle from cover to cover: reading large chunks at any one time makes even me feel like I've reentered the work force. However It was fun to put together, particularly as it provided an opportunity for touching base with a lot of our former colleagues - supportive friends like you. I shan't be in the running for the Booker prize. Maybe a 'Booky Prize for British Columbia Library History'? Yee haw! and regards to Corinne. Stompin'
 
 
Hi Stompin'! A Booky prize is even better than a Booker! Thank you for the very generous offer to donate. ["Hope the project raises lots of money - I would like to help with a donation. How should a cheque be addressed?"] The cheque should probably be made out to Grandmothers For Africa, Penticton Branch, but I have included Lady Dar, [She is in Vancouver for next few days.], in message, as you can see, and she will confirm this and then send you a message. Thanks very much. Must away as Chloë is calling me to watch latest episode of Outlander. Do you follow this series? When ballots are distributed, I'll vote for you, Stompin'! I gather the first prize is a semi's worth of 2x4's, nothing to sneer at given cost of lumber these days! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Sun was shining when I arrived. Blue, blue sky. Last barrow. Sky still angry after hail storm! Hi Tom Thanks for the support! The check should be made out to S.O. Grandmothers For Africa. On bus into Vancouver for my book club. Best Wishes Corinne

Patrizzio, That is an excellent idea about the cabinet! However, the obvious flaw is that I would have no weight in the bed on the way back home. Fortunately, I have some sandbags left over from my boat cover, which will be easier to load up in any case. On return, I will drop by Jericho and return the sand to its home.
 
I will bring (at least) my biking gear, maybe my bike if the forecast is favourable. But I insist on stopping for photo ops on the way to the tunnel, and may take along a thermos of java for breaks. You can do tight turns about the picnic table while I take snapolas and enjoy a hot cuppa java! The Little Tunnel with a strong wind behind sounds like a no brainer! 
I look forward to taking a serious look at the workings of your Murphy bed, as I have designed the *ultimate* Murphy bed, which I plan to build and install in my LR so I too can host guests. The Penticton Quail looks great! Maybe you could do up a couple for dinner when I arrive on Thursday? Branko 

Hi Photo Op Man! I knew as soon as I suggested a ride on th eKVR that you would insist on touching the Dreaded Burning Ground, if only to use your tiny, little camera! Men with their toys!!! I think its wonderful that you are thinking of building a Murphy Bed. I have no doubt that with your skills you'll do a wonderful job. You should also look at the Cabinet Murphy Bed in our Rumpus Room. I think it is an exceptional design and it might suit your needs as well. Cheers, Il Conduttore! Pics: Car load. where is your truck when I really need it? Stacked wood!Hello Sedona!Trust life goes well. I spent two hours at your place today. Very, very windy! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Long Lost Bridge Folk! Trust everyone is well. I know that Naramata Goil cannot play any evenings this coming week, [Tuesday and Thursday afternoons only.], but I am available any night, except Friday. Lady Dar is in Vancouver until Wednesday so she can play that evening as well as Thursday. Let me know if there is any interest, either in the afternoon or evening and I'll plan accordingly. I'm happy to host if a game is possible. On another matter, just wanted to send along the album for Caroling for a Cause. Cheers, Patrizzio!



Argos Win Grey Cup! Argos Win Grey Cup!

 As promised...



Patrick, 

I can play Bridge Thursday night this week. We gad a great to Ottawa to watch the Grey Cup game. Our son, Matt Webster (#25) plays for the Argos who won. I am sure he is still pinching himself😊Photo to follow. Pam
Hi Ecstatic Parents! 

Hip Hip Hooray for the Argos! Congratulations to Matt and his teammates! Fabulous win indeed! To you proud parents, as well, of course. Chloë thought that you and Wild Bill must have gone to Ottawa to see game. What a weekend it would have been.  On a slightly more mundane matter, terrific about bridge on Thursday. I'll send out another message to confirm who else who can play and then I'll be in touch again. Are you selling autographs yet? Want to hear all about it!!! Everyone in bridge group will want to be your partner now, Naramata Goil! Cheers, Patrizzio!Hi Kids: Pam is in hiking and bridge group as well as book club.




Patrick, It was a great weekend…Bill connected with old ski friends (who I was meeting for the first time), we toured the Centre Block with a friend from Calgary who is an MP and watched the Argos win. It was a very exciting game. Victory was not assured until the last few minutes. It was a chilly game as a spectator. I was prepared for cold but not for wet. Pretty exciting to be there to see your child achieve his dream. Pamela
 
Argos Win Grey Cup! Argos Win Grey Cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment