Monday 13 November 2017

Rosemarie and Andre The Giant Break Camp Blues: Monday, November 13th!

There is no foreign land; it is the traveller only that is foreign. -Robert Louis Stevenson, novelist, essayist, and poet (13 Nov 1850-1894) 


Hello Kimberley and Paulo and Slammin'! Are you still in Hawaii? How is your hip, Chester? Sorry we missed you when Andre and Rosemary were in town. Had a lovely visit. Have been meaning to send along the snaps I took at PAG Symphony fund-raiser, for ages now. No excuses but plenty of reasons. Have you hung the pictures you bought? Why didn't you call when in town, this past summer, Stevealimo? No excuses!!!

On another matter, Lady Dar and I would like to invite everyone, (Find enclosed, two First Class, return air tickets, Slammin'!), to our Open House on Saturday, December 9th, anytime after 4:00 pm. All the best. Cheers, Lady Dar, Chloë, "Skaha Ford Goil", and Patrizzio! Pics: PAG; With Deb and Bryan Hardman at the pub in Naramata; outside Deep Roots. Not sure if you knew, Paul, that Andre picked apples for Bryan's dad when he was in highschool, [You were probably chasing bikinis at Kits Beach!], and Bryan planted grapes after the orchards were not a viable crop! Saying goodbye to Rosemary and Andre. Hi Stephano! First message couldn't be delivered to your private email address!
 
So I'm half way through the book - lots of laughs but those sentences!! I was wondering if people were open for a dinner meeting? I can do the main of course, everyone else could bring a little something. It would mean we start earlier. Comments? Lou Good Morning Lou: My sentiments about the book EXACTLY. How are you doing on this rainy Monday Morning. Earlier would be great. I will get a ride with Patrick and Corinne, as I have no idea where you are. I will volunteer to bring a salad. Have a wonderful day. Lots of Hugs from Hilda 😊 Hi Lou, Dinner sounds delightful. I’ll bring dessert� Pam
  
The Prisoner of Zenda (1952 film)
Image: MGM
Hello Luigi et al, Sentence-Challenged Folk! Grand suggestion and Lady has offered to bring a rice dish, if that will work with main you have in mind, Lulu! Von Bingen, you are welcome to ride with us so if you arrive at Burns Street around 5:30 pm we can head for Gammon Keep, shortly thereafter. Furthermore, you can stay the night with us should you not wish to drive back to Oliver after book club. 

Bit of news about some of hikers: This Saturday I attended the Remembrance Service at PTCC and it was quite moving. Jake laid a wreath on behalf of Bereaved Parents. Saw Ranger Rick outside, afterwards, as we were watching parade from PTCC back to Curling Club. Also heard from The Sun & Surf Travelers, Josinta and Aarturo. They celebrated his 65th in Barossa Valley! In spite of light rain and fog this morning, I would have liked to have gone hiking, above Sage Mesa, led by Chuckerini, but on the Home Front, have had close friends, Rosemary and Andre, from London/Lyon, visiting since Friday. They left for Kelowna, to see more friends, about half an hour ago. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 4th. 


Must away as fire needs tending. Fondestos from Lady Dar, [Chloë has been in Vancouver since Saturday, staying with friends and studying for her final exam, for her property management course, on Tuesday.], to one and all! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Remembrance Day. Invitation to Burns Street Open House, Saturday, December 9th, anytime after 4:00 pm! 

After waving goodbye to Rosemary and Andre I made a quick run to the SPCA to pick up a bag of dental crunchies for Etta and Duke. Once home I set about splitting some of the firewood I'd muled from Spiller. Wanted to have a bit of a supply of larger pieces and much of what I had muled from there was easy to split. Spent about an hour splitting, stacking and then cleaning up so it was about 1:45 pm by the time I was ready to hit the road. Knew I would have my work cut out for me as the wind was blowing fiercely, out of the S and SSW at between 40 kph to 34 kph, gusting madly at between 52 kph to 40 kph over the course of my ride. 

This being the case, I knew I'd have to try to ride the more protected streets of the city as I couldn't face the prospect of making my way along Eastside to OK Falls, right into the face of such blasts. Tough enough along Lakeshore and Riverside but more than enjoyable when the wind was at my back. Did one circuit of PTC/Lakeshore/Riverside and once back at PTC I retraced my route but spent the rest of the time gerbalizing the route along Westminster and then Power to circumnavigate the SOEC Complex, enough times to log about 45 km before I returned to Riverside and then Lakeshore to PTC. Had been worried that the run up Ellis would be brutal but, in fact, it was not as punishing as I had feared and I was back at Burns by around 4:50 pm. Dismal, dismal AVG of 16.1 kph but I was more than pleased just to be back in the saddle again, not having ridden since October 25th and can put the blame squarely on Aeolus' shoulders! Cheers.  Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2330791519#.WgpCGryKsyo.email

Hi Patrick Hope you had a good long weekend! I just wanted to confirm that we were planning to meet tomorrow @ 12:30? I have the appt booked in my calender but not with your name so I just wanted to check. Take care Tina Hi Tina! Yes, thanks, we enjoyed a lovely, busy weekend. Trust you did as well. Yes, also, to our meeting tomorrow. However, I had time down, on my calendar, for 11:30 am. Either is fine so simply let me know. Lady Dar is planning to attend as well as she is keen to hear about "Green" investment possibilities. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Yes the weekend was good! 11:30 works great – I will see you both then! Cheers, Tina

Hi Old Farts, This Thursday, we will snowshoe in the Secret Canyon. For those unfamiliar with this canyon, it is to the east of the Snowflake area. We will endeavour to keep it fairly gentle for those of us who have yet to be on snowshoes this season. We will: -meet at 0900 (note the time) at Home Hardware Penticton north parking lot (0840 at IGA parking lot in Summerland) -carpool and make our way to one of the trailheads for Secret Canyon -snowshoe! -find a place for coffee and a debriefing. Care to join us? Please send me a quick note to say so. And make sure you are warmly layered, have snowshoes in good repair, and have poles with winter baskets. Be sure to mark on your calendar the dates of December 14th (Christmas picnic) and December 21st (Nighttime Winter Solstice snowshoe to Green Mountain). Cheers, Jim
 

No comments:

Post a Comment