Tuesday 21 November 2017

Return to Deep Water Walking Off The Deep End Blues: Tuesday, November 21th!

If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated. -Voltaire, philosopher (21 Nov 1694-1778)


Thanks Patrick for such invitation impossible to not appreciate, but we might be back just one day too late. Nevertheless greetings to you and all Hardy Hikers.
See you on a trail soon, and enjoy the view below :-) Cheers. Mike Hi Tusker Mike! What a wonderful picture! Lady Dar wants desperately to go on a similar trip so I'm sure she'd love to chat with you about your experiences, at some point. Sorry you won't be back in time for our Open House but I'm sure all the wild animals you will be seeing or have seen will more than make up for the wild beasts at the Christmas bash! Until next we meet, travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Pat Where is the SS Sicamous? Xx Hi again, Penelopé! The Sicamous is docked at the western end of Okanagan Lake beach, at the end of the boardwalk which runs the length of Lakeshore. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio! Whats up Patrick? I will be in Oslo during summer until mid august then I travel back to Van for a few weeks. Last weekend of July I'm gone as well. When were you thinking of coming? Mind though this is high season and I will be working lots 

Hi Patrizzio The Younger! If all goes as I think it will, I was thinking of making my way to Oslo, stopping first in Aarhus, after the biking trip in Poland which ends on June 10th. I need to be back in Paris by July 10th to fly back to Vancouver. Realistically, I want to be there a few days earlier so that I won't have to worry about missing flight, should unforeseen circumstances make travel, from wherever I happen to be, problematic. 

If I do make it to Oslo, don't worry about your work schedule as I'm pretty good at entertaining myself. While you are flipping burgers, Jø and I will be sipping Akvavit!!! I'll be in touch once my overall itinerary starts to fall into place. That being said, it would be terrific if you could work in a trip to Penticton when you are over, mid-August or so. Cheers, Patrizzio The Elder!

Hi Patrick..Thanks..I see George and Angela quite often...My treks went very well..excellent weather..Also, have been "active" on the dance floor..every Sunday..Next visit to Penticton would most likely be 1st week of May..and of course I will come to the jazz festival again in Sept...Best regards to you..Dave Mc Hi Jazz Man! I'd like to chat with you about your time in Rishikesh as if I ever return to India, I'd like to visit the foothills of the Himalayas. However, probably, given your schedule and mine, (I fly to Europe on April 16th, returning July 10th), won't be until jazz-festival. Please say hello to Angela and George when next you see them. All the best, Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi again, Old Farts!Good news…Rick will lead the snowshoe on Thursday, November 23rd. The plans as in the last email stand. A couple of other items…..-Have you seen a wayward pair of Black Diamond poles (red in colour)? They seem to have disappeared in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Let me know if you find them.-Is anyone missing a pair of grey poles? I can’t recall the brand, but, if you are missing them, let me know. -and finally………An unabashed advertisement for the TuneAgers Christmas concert. Cheers, Jim


The Penticton TuneAgers Choir and Orchestra present “Christmas Visions”. Sunday, December 10th, 2:30pm Shatford Centre, 760 Main St., Penticton Tickets are $15.00  Available: -at the Dragon’s Den, Penticton  -at The Beanery, Summerland -at Shatford Centre, Penticton  -from any TunaAgers member -or at the door

Big change for tomorrow…There is not enough snow for a decent snowshoe trip. Please come prepared to hike instead,,,but dress warmly. Cheers, Jim




No comments:

Post a Comment