Tuesday 15 October 2019

Fasting Blood Sugar Blues: Tuesday, October 15th!

I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time. -Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (15 Oct 1844-1900)






Hi Luigi! Trust you enjoyed the Thanksgiving weekend. We arrived home on Saturday and had our turkey dinner on Sunday. Just Chloë but we had a lovely meal, catching up and settling in from our six weeks away. The book is ready and waiting for you. We will be in and out for much of the day so if you will be passing by we could leave it in the basket by the front door. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Am looking forward to starting to hike again and seeing everyone at book club, of course. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!

As it turns out I will not be in town tomorrow. So I’ll drop by after the hike unless you want me to pick you up. We’re headed out to skaha bluffs as you probably know. See you later then! L Hi Hiker Woman! Thanks very much for the offer of a lift but as these things seem to go, I have a follow-up appointment with my orthopedic surgeon at 10:40 am on Thursday! I'll be back home, by noon, for sure, so you can certainly drop around after hike, [Please pass along my regards to gang.], and perhaps we can even have a short visit, depending on your schedule. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Patrick. Welcome home! Are you there now? I could come by. Otherwise maybe tomorrow afternoon or that of Thursday. Take care. Hi again, Luigi! Thanks for the welcome. We were out having pedicures so I didn't read your message until late this afternoon. I have a physio appointment at 9:00 am tomorrow morning and then I'm hoping to have a haircut and beard trim afterwards. I imagine I'll be home around 11:00 am, perhaps earlier. Lady Dar may well go out with the Walking Group so we can leave the book, in a plastic bag, in case it is raining, in the basket by the front door, if you feel you might be by during the times we will be out. Otherwise, you are welcome to come by later, if that should suit. Just let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Dame Judith and Malt Man! Thank you both for the lovely card. [We have so many things to be thankful for, our friends, our families and this beautiful world we live in. To our friends and family we thank you for your kindness, your support, your love. Our lives have been enriched by you. Happy Thanksgiving! Kevin and Judi] Kevin and Judi! Trust your Thanksgiving was as relaxed and enjoyable as ours. Celebrated dinner with Chloë on Sunday. She had bought a small turkey which was extremely moist and flavourful, and we had acorn squash, mashed potatoes with garlic and Brussels sprouts with figs.


On another matter, I took the car in to have snow-tires put on this morning and while I was waiting for a shuttle I watched coverage of terrible snow storm in Manitoba. Mayor of Portage la Prairie was being interviewed along with scenes of downed trees, hydro poles, cables and twisted tops of huge steel transmission structures. Had not seen any of these images earlier so was pleased that Rosita, Lady Dar's Mom did not have such heavy, wet snow destruction to contend with in Falcon, about 200 km east of there, where she lives.

We've both booked for next tasting but with respect to SOWTS membership renewal how would you like us to pay? Must away as I want to have a haircut and beard trim. Fondestos from Lady Dar, out having her royal toenails pedicured! Cheers, Patrizzio, aka The Wild Man of Borneo! PS: Which bedroom do you think the small plastic thingamajig went missing in? What is it?
Pic: Etta the Huntress, caught red-pawed just a few minutes ago! I brought back two tiny Swiss cow bells for their collars so hope they will be more effective early warning alerts for the stalked birds. Certainly don't need to remind you, Dame Judith, that while we were away you had a house full of feathers with two birds, one live and eventually set free, while no corpse for other has yet to be  found! We dearly hope it is not secreted away in some inaccessible part of the house. No tell-tale, nasty odours, as of this writing, so we hope for the best.

Hi Carole, et al! I can do November 16th. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Arrived home late last night along with a cold so I won't be playing bridge for a while. Will keep you posted. Susan Hi O Susannah! Welcome home! Lovely to hear from you but sorry to learn about your cold. One of the horrible aspects of flying is that one seems to be so susceptible to catching something. Hope you are feeling better soon. I plan to send out a message to bridge group for one evening next week. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you, O Susannah. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Hibernating Bidders! Trust everyone is well. Pleased to say that we are both well and will be right back into the swing of things here. Always plenty to do around the house and garden together with various volunteer and social activities. In any event, we'd both like to resume playing bridge so wondering who would like to play next week and on which evening. We will host and are free every evening except for Thursday. Would Monday's suit or do you wish to try another night? Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Fondestos from Lady Dar, to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Welcome home EUnionists! From all the proza it seemed like a great trip. Would like to hear a lot more about it. Been in your house a few time to practice with Judi! Hugs from Aarturos Welcome home! Chooch How time flies.... I would like to join the crew for bridge and any evening is good for me if you need another player !!!! I have really missed the Bridge crew. Cheers Carol Welcome home Corinne and Patrick Cant wait to see you and get caught up Mondays for bridge work best for me Judy xoxo

Lady Dar and I ate a late dinner, watching an episode of Vera, but halfway through the investigation she became quite sleepy so she toddled off to bed. I wanted to find out who murdered whom, [Corpse was incinerated in an abbatoir's furnace!], so I stayed in the Rumpus Room to watch it to the end. About half an hour after Her Imperiousness left, I felt something in my mouth and quickly realized it was the crown on my lower right jaw. Glad I didn't swallow it and after I retrieved it I wondered how sensitive the exposed stump would be. Turned out not to be sensitive at all, even when I brushed, albeit carefully and gingerly, at first. Still, not something one expects. Last time it happened was when we were in Cornwall, in 2013, and a gold crown came off while watching an episode of Game of Thrones! Knew I'd need to phone the dentist early next morning so I put the crown in a small plastic bag and went to bed, dreaming of the Tooth Fairy!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment