Tuesday 29 October 2019

Search for the Best Tier-Two Charger Blues: Tuesday, October 29th!

The most perfect technique is that which is not noticed at all. -Pablo Casals, cellist, conductor, and composer (29 Dec 1876-1973)


Hi Patrick. Have e-mailed Susan. Are we playing at your place Oct. 31st? Dianne Hi Lady Di! Yes, we are playing at our place on Thursday evening. I assume you are referring to carpooling on Monday, to Summerland. Judy Blue might wish to catch a ride with you two if that is convenient. If not she can ride with us. See you on Halloween! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks. I will e-mail Judy. Dianne

Hello Chateau Vicente! Sorry not to have been in touch sooner, especially since you and your state are under such devastating attack from the ferocious winds and the terrible wildfires these howling demons have fed and fueled. Do hope the damage to your roof was minor. Have not had any word from the Coffaros and assumed they might well have had much graver issues to contend with of late, let alone probably being without power, although their winery, etc., is running on solar panels. 

Last we heard, Healdsburg had been evacuated and, by chance, I heard an employee from Robert Young Estate Winery interviewed by Laura Lynch on CBC's Radio One, The Current, this morning and she said the Kincaid fire had threatened the winery but staff and firefighters, with the considerable help of the vineyards as firebreaks, managed to save the buildings and homes on the property. As this winery is about 5 miles southeast of Geyserville I assume Coffaro Winery has not been threatened but wonder if this is the case if Heladsburg has been evacuated. I plan to send Pat a short message to see how they are, praying for the fact that they and winery are safe.

Lazy sleep-in until 8:30 am and after I zapped my java, [I "stole" a travel mug from Flamin' and filled it with last of the coffee she's made when I was over.], I looked for more charging stations. Found one about ten minutes walk away so planned to use it and then hoof it home. Unfortunately, both plugs were in use so I headed for station near Kits Pool but discovered I needed a Flo app on my iPhone. I thought it was a ChargePoint station, [That is how it was registered on map I used but I may have misread something.], and wasn't worried as we have a card. Knew I'd have to return to Bayswater to sign up as I hadn't brought along my phone, of course!



Had a call from Alastair while I was away and we arranged to meet at Kits when he was finished his shoot, around 1:00 pm, so that was great for both of us. Lady Dar went out to do a bit of grocery shopping than and when she came back she said she'd had her flu shop at Shopper's jsut around the corner. We'd wanted to get ours in Penticton but drugstore didn't have any vaccine on the day we could go. Decided I'd strike whiel the iron was hot and was able to get the Tdap shot, [tetanus, diptheria and pertussis, aka whooping cough], as well, because of the coming baby. As soon as I'd been "stabbed" I drove to Kits and was fumbling with the Flo app as Flash drove up in his jaunty Miata!
 
Thought I'd need him to help me initiate process but I managed to invoke right commands and plug released itself and car is merrily charging itself as I scribe. We drove back to Bayswater and after "scouring" Elaine's more than full, if not crammed to overloading, cupboards, I found some coffee beans in the upstairs suite and we made some Java Industriale and enjoyed it while I showed him the snapolas I'd taken of Museum Fotoateliér Seidel, in Český Krumlov, as I knew he would be quite taken with it, given his own profession and interest in all things photographic. Had a grand time chatting while we viewed, about their lives and ours, and time was up al too quickly as he had to head back to his studio, around 3:00 pm as he'd promised a number of clients to have some things ready by end of today. Hope we might see him and his hareem before Christmas as they might stop by on the way to Christina Lake, [roughly two or three hours east of us], where they often spend Christmas at Kirsten's mother's cabin.

“NOT A SUNDAY DRIVER.
This car being USED for BUSINESS
And not for pleasure.” (back story)
Photo: Weegee, 1942
Source: International Center of Photography
Waved goodbye and Lady Dar was back shortly thereafter. Knew I wanted to reply to you and fill you in so headed downstairs to sit t Elaine's desk. I think the WiFi works better here as it kept kicking out upstairs and it was almost like living with dial-up! Anyway, must away as I need to walk back to Kits to collect car and be back when Calamity Jane, [Whirlygig's amore. He lives on Galiano could not make it into Vancouver this week.], arrives for dinner. Fondestos from Lady Dar, busy preparing seafood to have with gluten-free gnocchi, to you and Donna Floridian! Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Had a fabulous dinner with gnocchi and shrimp, plus fried yellow cherry tomatoes and Feta cheese, poached pears for dessert, all care of Lady Dar! 

Had a grand FaceTime chat with The Hermit of Galiano and then I walked Calamity home as I had to collect our Kona, charging its little electric heart, at nearby Kits Beach! Pics: Bridge last night; Flash this afternoon! Calamity Jane this evening! Duke, from Chloë!

Look at my handsome pups ❤️ A handsome lad indeed Mom Hi Cat Minder! I take it you were in the Rumpus Room with The Boy on your lap. Where was Ms Etta? Quite chilly here in Vancouver so am wondering what the temperature is like in Penticton. Had a touch of frost on the car windshield when I drove it to the charging station, about 10:00 am, this morning. Quite surprised, to be frank. Anyway, it has been glorious weather so cannot complain. Another busy day tomorrow with my doctor's appointment and then dinner with Flamin' and Sarge. Joanne has been invited so it will be terrific to see her. Love to you and your feline charges. Hope you are feeling better. Cheers, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment