Thursday 24 October 2019

Kitchen Sink and the Blue Parrot Blues: Thursday, October 24th!

Inspiration does not come like a bolt, nor is it kinetic, energetic striving, but it comes into us slowly and quietly and all the time, though we must regularly and every day give it a little chance to start flowing, prime it with a little solitude and idleness. -Brenda Ueland, journalist, editor, and writer (24 Oct 1891-1985) 



Busy day today as I'm off to have a massage at Nuvista this morning and then I'll run a few errands before coming home. Need to arrange to have a Tdap shot, [vaccine to protect against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis], given Chloë's coming delivery and the fact that we will be providing child care.], as well as picking up some Ferrous Gluconate, over-the-counter tablets prescribed to help raise my Hemoglobin. My level, as per my recent annual check-up was lower that dottore wants so I'm to take 300 mg per day for next six weeks to become an Iron Man! A few hours to do my shouldares and then off to see The Last Black Man in San Francisco, [Heard director interviewed, on CBC's Q, this past summer.], at the Kitchen Sink, [PAG's Kitchen Stove but I prefer the former!], series at the Landmark. Closing credits will still be running when we have to dash to the Lakeshore Hotel for a Grandmothers for Africa fund raiser. If it's Thursday it must be Penticton, Dear Reader!

Hello Big City Folk, and Salish Sea Merman! Trust everyone is well. Lady Dar and I will be travelling to the Grand Metropolis this coming Sunday, staying until Thursday. Am hoping to host an evening of bridge on Monday. Elaine Keating has very kindly allowed us to stay at her place while she is visiting Japan so game will be at her place, corner of 7th and Bayswater. Lady Dar has her book club that evening and given other social commitments already fixed, this night is the best, at least for me/her. Would be wonderful to see as many of you as possible, to catch up and bid wildly and erratically, [What has changed?], so please let me know if you are interested and able to attend. For those who will participate I suggest we have a pot-luck dinner. If this is agreeable, I'll let people decide what they might like to contribute and I'll fill in any menu gaps. Thanks. Fondestos from Lady Dar, just off to do the Downward Facing Cat, to one and all. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pic: Feeding the Lake Gulls on Tuesday. [I worked Lady Dar's volunteer shift at Soupateria, on Monday, and took leftover bread that would otherwise have been thrown away.] Baby gift from Lynette, mother of one of Chloë's closest friends.


So brave of you to venture to the Grand Metropolis! I believe I am free. Will confirm after work (once I get home and can view my old fashioned hand written event calendar. J Yes I’m free Monday evening. J I could do Monday night if needed for a 4th. What time are you thinking of starting. Wayne I will pass if I am making it 2 or 3 I am interested and able to play..I could bring a desert..let me know what time and how many are coming.looking forward to seeing everyone. Ed I’m game. I could host a small group ... Good thing I’m on anti-seizure drugs - compulsory when playing with Pat. Branko Patrick, Not free that night... enjoy your bridge to the unknown,...John

There's a big fire, the "Kincaid Fire" which is destroying Geyserville. So far as I can see from the map, David Coffaro isn't in the fire area, at least as of now. Just thought you would want to be aware that they are presumably at least at great risk. Brent and Krista, our friends from Boulder, arrive for a 5 day stay with us this evening. David I looked at the map. Wineries, including David Coffaro and Pedroncelli are safe at the moment. If the fire burns west, they could be threatened. If it burns east, they are home safe. I don't know about the fire behavior at this point. David Thanks for letting me know and for the lovely gift which arrived yesterday. Hope fire is out soon Hugs Corinne

Hi Cactus! Thanks for your fire report, disturbing though it be. Coincidentally, I just heard it mentioned on one of our CBC newscasts which reported Geyserville had to be evacuated. I have not heard back from Pat Coffaro but assume wildfires might have something to do with this. At any rate , I'll ask her to have wine delivered to Chateau Vicente. You'll need it with the coming five day visit from the Coloradans! However, I'm sure they are just as easy and enjoyable guests as you two were this past August. Speaking of which, thank you both for the lovely, lovely place-mat set which arrived on Tuesday, not yesterday as Lady Dar is apt to bend time to her imperial will! Certainly not expected, (definitely not required), but most, most generous so thank you ever so much!

Friday night we are off to the Dream to hear Sweet Alibi and on Saturday night I'm selling 50/50 tickets there. Fondestos from Lady Dar, having luncheon with Flamin', [She's been here since Sunday of last weekend, helping with Avery/Ashlynn], to you both. Stay well. Regards to Minnie Mouse, aka Krista of the Squeaky Voice, and Brent. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pic: Baby gift from Lynette, Maya's mother, who over-nighted on Tuesday, on way back to VI from Vernon where her mother and sister live. Flamin' was also over for dinner that night. Snapolas from Spirit Ridge: breakfast Saturday morning before AGM, with friend, Laurie; pre-dinner drinks on Saturday evening: Lady Dar with Ashlynn; Nicole and Flamin'; Friend Bill, in Barossa, a few weeks ago, now, with 70 year old Grenache vines; Penticton Creek this past Wednesday morning.


Greetings Patrick I’m not sure if you’ll be at the dream café tonight but I wanted to let you know that I was going to check out the jazz thing since you highly recommended that venue. I hope your holiday went well with your wife and I don’t know when I’ll see you again since the market is closed but I wish you all the best and maybe will cross paths again. Cheers~ Stephanie Taylor Hello Obsessive Compulsive Cleaner! Great to hear from you and see your handsome pooch! [Please remind me of his name: Cyrus? Marcus? Titus Andronicus?] Just remembered, Silas!!! Trust you are well. Funnily enough I was just thinking about you and wondering if you had dissolved in a batch of bleach! Glad to learn you are alive and well and hitting The Dream. Hope you enjoyed the gig tonight. Since being back I sold 50/50 tickets at the Dream last week.


For our part, we are off to The Dream to hear Sweet Alibi Friday evening and then it's the last Farmers' Market on Saturday. See you there! After that we will go over to Chloë's place, [She moved to Winnipeg Street, near Eckhardt.], to help her hang pictures and move a few bits of furniture. [At noon, Friday. we are meeting the contractor, Mike, who did our kitchen, at her place as Lady Dar has asked him to provide a quotation on putting in suite in the basement. Since it is already wired and plumbed we are hoping that the cost will be somewhat "manageable" but we will see what we shall see!] We are off to Vancouver on Sunday morning, [stopping at Sunshine Valley to see friends who have a lovely cabin there], returning on Thursday. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you as she's looking forward to meeting you. If not at the market, on Saturday, give us a shout/message and come by for a drink when convenient. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 




Hi Polly and Mick! Trust you are both well. Wonder if you would like to join me for an evening of bridge this coming Monday. Please let me know if you are interested and able to attend. Fondestos from Lady Dar, [We are just back from a GFA fund raiser. Loads of fun and I won two items I bid on in Silent Auction.], to you both. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Well, our U.K. trip is about to end. Next stop Boston, and then New York.
We saw many interesting sights in Liverpool (Tate Gallery, Liverpool Cathedral) and Manchester (Museum of Science & Industry). In London we revisited old favorites (National Gallery, Victoria & Albert Museum) and also bentured into new areas. These included Camden Town, the canals, Canada Waters, the Surrey Quays, Pimlico, etc. Five nights in Boston and five nights in New York City, so we will be a couple of dead creatures when we finally get home. Will phone then. Colin




 

No comments:

Post a Comment