Monday 28 October 2019

Kari, Krissy and The Granville Island ChargePoint Blues: Monday, October 28th!

He who has provoked the lash of wit, cannot complain that he smarts from it. -James Boswell, biographer and lawyer (29 Oct 1740-1795)


Sent a few messages from Flamin's' kitchen. [I took my computer along this morning as had intended to stop in at Flash's studio to show him pictures of Museum Fotoatelier Seidel in Český Krumlov. When I 'd chatted earlier today he said he was free all day but when we called to say were close he begged off as he had an unexpected call and had to go to shoot.] I popped in after plugging car in near Edibles. Lady Dar is having lunch with JT and I had a brief visit with Flamin' before she went to have a nap. I'll be leaving around 2:20 pm to walk back to car and head to Elaine's to start set-up for bridge. Left a message for Sarge that if he feels like it perhaps he could bring a few bits of cheese and crackers for an appetizer but not to worry if he can't I'm sure there will be plenty of food.

What time do you think you will start Bridge Sarge Hi Sarge! Not sure. Will start as soon as we have four players. I assume this will be around 5:30 pm. Come when you can. Cheers, Patrizzzio! Hi everyone, Enjoy your evening with lots of fun and wishing' everyone good cards. I'm home again and the company leaves today. Although I can't make it tonight I hope to join you soon. Hugs to all, Olly Hi Olga Polga, et al! Just finished a fab evening of bridge/dinner with friends in Vancouver. Next bridge evening, in the Okanagan, is Halloween, Thursday, October 31st, at The Burns Street Bistro, anytime after 6:30 pm. Let me know, all who have not yet done so, if you will be joining the Bidding Ghouls! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bidding on Bayswater!

of course you probably realize because of my lack of mobility I'm not coming and Phil says he's not going either. Have fun and we'll see you before we go south bye for now Gill Wishing you a safe and enjoyable trip to Vancouver
I won't be playing bridge on Halloween If you need an 8th for 2 tables let me know and I will join u on the 4th at jos Judy 


Hi Judy Blue As far as I know, we'll need you to make up two tables. You are welcome to car pool with us. I believe Lady Di and O Susannah will be car pooling as well so if it is more convenient for you, you might ask to ride with them, otherwise we'd be happy to be chauffeurs. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Safe travels and happy to hear you are keeping your minds sharp ! I wont be joining you on Hallowe’en. Cheers Carol Patrick, Do we need more score sheets printed? Susan Hi O Susannah! Hope you are feeling better. No, we have enough score sheet, thanks to you. Will be great to see you next Monday. I'll let Lady Di about carpooling with you. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

This morning we ran errands, collecting baby gear, [folding bassinet, car seats, clothes, etc.,], from a number of Chloë's friends, both in East Vancouver. Had hoped to see Flash but a last minute job came up and he had to cancel to go to a shoot. This being the case, I stopped at Coastal Ford to see Slammin' Steve but he has Monday off so I filched a cup of free java, [For customers only, Dear Reader!], and I then dropped Lady Dar off at Granville Island as she was to meet Joanne, former neighbour at Harbour Terrace, for a walk and then lunch. I plugged car in at a charging station near Edibles and then popped in to GI Market to buy a couple of buns and some sliced meat for lunch. 
 
Took my purchases to Harbour Terrace to see if either Flamin' or Sarge were home. Flamin' was there so I made my sandwiches and we chatted until she took a nap. Unfortunately, she is still "struggling" with the effects of accident this past December. She is now seeing a neurologist specializing in concussion but do not know more than that or what prognosis is or will be. Very difficult and troubling of course.

After a couple of hours I collected car and drove back to Bayswater to start readying house for two tables of bridge. Had to set up on table and take out one insert in dining room table and then find tablecloths, cards, etc. Took a bit of time since I wasn't sure where any of these items were kept.
 
Anyway, managed to find everything I needed and shortly after I had finished Lady Dar came home. She'd had a great visit with Jo-Anne and we will see her again when we have dinner with F/S on Wednesday evening. Since she was being collected, by friend Robyn, for book club, at 5:30 pm I opened a bottle of red for her and we toasted our home away from home. Gang started arriving right on the dot of 5:00 pm so Lady Dar had a chance to visit with everyone before she left. Was great to see many whom I'd not seen since I'd organized a similar gathering earlier this past spring, [or even further back in time than that], although we had seen Polly/Mick Carter in Naramata, this June, and Janet in July, in Penticton, when she came for dinner. 
 
Anyway loads of fun with plenty to eat, [pot-luck], and drink! Gang left just before 10:00 pm and I was almost finished tidying up by the time Lady Dar was back. She helped dry a few dishes and then we both turned in around 11:00 pm.

Hi All,…and sorry I am so late to the proverbial "game". Have been laid up with the flu these last 5 days and this is my first day  out of bed and feeling almost human again. Will have to pass on bridge on Monday as I will likely fade by 8 pm and don't won't to spread any rogue flu germs. Have fun!! Love to Everyone and especially a big hug an well wishes to mama Chloe. Love, S

 
[Eyob Goitom Thank you, Patrick, for keeping us up to date. Family is doing well. My daughter Selam is in TO doing her masters in urban planning, and the two are in town working and leaving on their own. Shewa is well, we just returned from a three day retreat at Harrison. Glad to hear lady Dar and king Patrick are doing well. We always think of you, and hopefully we will make it to Penticton area one of these days.]
 
 
Tummler, regretfully, I cannot travel to the continent this week. I have to go to the big island, das capital, to do some legwork on some Budino Brothers (and Italocemente) 'holdings'.  I would happily host you and the bridge group at the Republic of Galiano anytime you are willing to take a short ferry ride from the main land. 


[Eyob Goitom Nice picture, Janet]

Jane looks forward to seeing you both in person on Tuesday. I will join you on Facetime at some point in your visit to catch up and share some exciting news - and I don't mean just the sky rocketing value of Budino Brothers stock. Caio,
W&CJ y Morita

Hi George and Jane Sorry we won’t see you in person on Tuesday.
Jane we will come over around 5:30. Here is my cell if you need to make a change in time etc. What can we bring besides wine? Looking forward to seeing you. Hugs Corinne 


What a beautiful card and a lovely way to remember how fortunate we really are! Yes :) We are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives from all corners of the world. Thank YOU for staying in touch and sharing the joys of retirement with me through your online stories. What would we do with out FB and Blogs and email? Enjoy the SPOOKTACKULAR week ahead :) xoxo Ariane, Damian, Corben & Douglas 





No comments:

Post a Comment