Friday 18 October 2019

Hurricane Winds and Spirit Ridge Blasted Church Bible Thumper Blues: Friday, October 18th!

You know full well as I do the value of sisters' affections: There is nothing like it in this world. -Charlotte Bronte, novelist and poet (1816-1855)



I was up reasonably early, 7:30 am, to potter around getting things ready to take to Spirit Ridge for the weekend. We were going to attend the SROA AGM, held on Saturday, but wanted to drive down late Friday afternoon as Flamin' and Sarge would be there as well. They actually drove up from Vancouver on Thursday, picking up our Fall release from Orofino, so we much appreciated that even though Sarge only did so as he wanted to drink our wine all weekend. Anyway, once I'd had a bite of late breakfast I readied myself for a ride and set out just before noon. Wasn't worried about the weather or temperature, [partly cloudy and 11º C], but knew wind was going to be an issue, howling out of the
SSE at 28km/h! 

Must admit I didn't have the discipline to face such a strong head wind on Eastside Road so I decided to stick to the more sheltered streets closer to home and made for the PTC. Once I'd struggled along Lakeshore I was very pleased not to have headed to OK Falls as the ride, south, down Riverside, was brutal. Had expected as much so knew it was probably not a bad idea to follow my hamster route on Power, making loops, mainly on Dynes, (7), and Burnaby, (7), with a few down Riverside Drive where it is more of a back lane, between Power and where it takes a dog-leg to run along Channel. Had thought, at one pooint, that I'd head back up the KVR to Middle Bench but once I'd started my gerbil run and was ticking off the km's I was happy enough to swallow a few Gravol and keep on with the dizzy-making loop-de-loopage until I had logged enough distance to make for WWW, [Wade, Winnipeg and White], and I was back home by about 2:45 pm. 

After I stowed my Trek I undid the fasteners on the cover stretched across the patio frame of our eating area as we wanted to let it dry out before storing it for the winter. Lady Dar pulled up just after I'd taken it down and helped me stretch it, [and tie it down, otherwise it would blow around the yard, given how strong wind remained], under the louvres so that it would be protected from any rain and would be ready to be folded when we returned. Much happier with my slight rise in AVG I went to shower and change so that we could leave as soon as we loaded the car. Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4169799602#.XasQatEQndM.email

Sorry, Pat. This ended up in my 'spam' account, somehow. I enjoyed hearing all about your trip! I was so pleased to see Chloë last month for a brief dinner. She has never looked so happy and glowing and beautiful.
Much love, see you in December. I booked flights to Penticton for the for Dec 6th-8th weekend. Love, Maya Hi Sunshine Coast Goil! Yes indeed, I agree with you about Chloë and other than not sleeping as well as she'd like, [Baby is obviously a soccer player, like Adrian, as it kicks much of the night!], she is busy with work and counting down her last month before maternity leave. She is very well with on-going monitoring, pre-natal classes, etc. [Lady Dar went with her to her second birthing class this past Wednesday night, two and a half hours!] 


As you can imagine, she is delighted we are back, for many reasons, but also needs help with her new place, [On Winnipeg Street, of all things!], organizing and hanging pictures, etc., setting up baby's room. Friends have been very generous with clothes and pieces of furniture, [crib, change table, and more], but some of the items need to be re-assembled. Also need to help her start work on getting basement suite construction underway as she'll need this income while on maternity leave.
  
Wonderful that you will be making a special trip just to help celebrate my birthday! I only hope you can stuff 72 bottles of Persephone's finest into your bags! [Lovely picture of you and Corinne! Yes, I recall that the 6th is your birthday! I give you the gift go no babysitting that night, I can help Clo:)))) See you soon.] Looking forward to your mom's visit, [Fab photos! See you soon.], this coming Tuesday. Seems like the time for visits from Clan Sanders! Must away as I'm off for a ride, my third since returning, so really pleased to be back in the saddle again. We are off to Spirit Ride this afternoon, for the annual AGM, [Flamin' and Sarge are up for the weekend so it'll be grand to see them since we waved goodbye in Dubrovnik! We are staying in a fractional condo owned by Chloë and a number of her friends! Fondestos from Lady Dar, volunteering at Richard Cannings' campaign office. [When her shift is over she is meeting Chloë at Teas & Weaves, downtown, to look at a few rugs as there is a sale on at the moment.] Stay well. Best wishes to all the Sunshine Coast Clan. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Weasel Goil! We plan on charging for babysitting our newest grandchild as baby will be as well behaved as her paternal grandfather so you will have to come up with something else to wriggle out of a birthday gift! We just arrived in "your" fractional condo and Lady Dar is busy preparing garlic mashed kartofellage. [She prepared a large dish of twice-baked cauliflower before we left Burns Street.] Once ready we will head over to Flamin's/Sarge's suite for dinner. Quite a gang so should be fun. [Kid Chelene and Beckster will stay with us for tonight as they are off to Seattle on Saturday. Grandparents will ride herd on Avery and Ashlynn and more!] Must away to open a bottle of 2016 Blasted Church Bible Thumper, 12.5%, a blend of Viognier, (70%), and Roussanne, (30%), a most felicitous blend indeed! Fondestos from Lady Dar, working on her second glass of liquid heaven! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Blasted Church wine!




No comments:

Post a Comment