Monday 21 October 2019

Soupateria and Election Day Bidding Blues: Monday, October 21st!

What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy? -Ursula K. Le Guin, author (b. 21 Oct 1929) 








Hi Patrick, lovely to keep your heart in peace, thank you so much!!  Vittoria Hi Vittoria! Trust you are well. Pleased you enjoyed the card. We were in Ososyoos this past weekend, attending the Spirit Ridge Owners' AGM. At the dinner on Saturday night we happened to meet your travel agent! [Cannot remember her name but she mentioned she was a one of Jake's former students! Picture shows Flamin' and Sarge, couple we traveled with in Europe a month or so ago now] Must away as I have to get ready to volunteer at Soupateria this morning as I'm filling in for Lady Dar who is doing a shift as a scrutineer for Richard. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Dinner with F/S and Sarge's Uncle Joe; After dinner and then exhausted after dancing!

Dad, Ask your doctor for the Tdap for pertussis. As you’ll be around the baby as a new born. Its i hope I'm getting this right a flu shot with whopping cough specifications. Thanks Chloë Hi Duke's Soccer Coach! Thanks for contact information on Dr Wise and Tdap shot. I see Paul tomorrow morning so I'll ask him about both. Thanks. Love and Cheers, Dad!

Hi Barossa Bill and Bogan Babe! Great shot of Kaesler's Grenache vines but I cannot decide who looks more grizzled and gnarled, you or the root stock! We are both green with envy as we've visited Kaesler as number of times now. Did you happen to stop in at Turkey Flats and Rockford or Penfolds, not far away? For our part we spent this past weekend, in Osoyoos, attending the Spirit Ridge Owners' AGM. After the business meeting was over, [four hours worth!], we were served a delicious lunch, [food catered by the The Bear, The Fish, The Root & The Berry, the re-branded restaurant at the resort], and then we took a quick spin up Black Sage Road.

Had a release from Bartier Brothers to collect, [Very impressed with their 2017 Shiraz so would be curious to see how you to might like it, given your Australian tasting.], and then we stopped in at Here's The Thing, a winery we discovered earlier this summer, only been open for a couple of years, and bordering BB. Mike, owner/winemaker of BB, consults for them. Am kicking myself for not buying more of their Cabernet Franc as it was all gone so we had to be content with two bottles of their Roussanne, a tasty drop indeed.

Must away as per your message of September 18th, [Good to receive your 2nd email. (Hvar, Croatia), and also your 1st communique to which I did not reply. Your epistles are so long...!], I will limit length and, more importantly, I have to get ready to volunteer at Soupateria, [Soup kitchen out of a local Anglican church, but a few blocks from us.], this morning as I'm filling in for Lady Dar who is doing a shift as a scrutineer for Richard Cannings, our NDP incumbent. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Stay well. Travel safely. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Before AGM; Here' The Thing; pre-dinner and then dinner with F/S and Sarge's Uncle Joe; After dinner, exhausted from all the dancing!


Hello Chateau Vicente! Will you be watching our National Election results tonight, seeing how Baby Trump fares? Sarge and I have a $10 bet on outcome. He's predicting 140 seats for Conservatives, 110 Liberals, 60 Bloc Québécois, 23 NDP, Green 3 and Independents 2, for a total of 338. I have the Liberals at 130, Conservatives 120 but far more for NDP at around 50, Bloc at 30, Greens at 8 and Independents at 2, only agreement!

We were to be playing bridge this evening but due to last minute cancellations game will on Wednesday. Lady Dar will be attending birthing class, (her second), with Chloë, (her third), this evening, until 9:30 pm, [She was scrutineering for our incumbent, NDP, Richards Cannings, (Author, among other titles, Birds of British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest your definitive birding handbook for this vast and diverse region.  It covers British Columbia (except for the far north), Washington, Oregon, Idaho, western Montana and northwestern Wyoming, so you can vote for him too!), this afternoon, and I filled her volunteer shift at an Anglican church, a few blocks away, Soupateria, feeding homeless/street people, this morning/afternoon, from 8:30 am - 1:00 pm], but I'm sure we'll be watching CBC's coverage until the bitter end! We've also been invited to Richard's campaign reception at the the Lakeshore Hotel, this evening, so may well join rest of volunteers and supporters as we've never been to such a do!

Speaking of wine, I had an automated message from Pat Coffaro about the 2017 Futures release and apparently it must be collected by November 30th so I was wondering if you might be heading up that way before then. If not, I'll ask her to ship it to your address if that is fine with you. Anyway, let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks. Must away as I want to do a set of shoulder exercises before election coverage well and truly gets underway. Fondestos from Lady Dar, wherever she happens to be, to you both! Stay well. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Pics: Friday night, dinner with Clan Sutherland: Blasted Church's, Bible Thumper! Lady Dar with Kid Chelene and then Nicole and Joe, Sarge's uncle; before AGM, Saturday morning; Here's The Thing; pre-dinner and then dinner with F/S and Joe; Patrizzio with people we sat next to; after dinner, F/S and another couple I didn't know; exhausted from all the dancing!

Patrick I don't think we could pick up coverage on our TV; but I guess online we could. As we wink out at 9 PM or so, I think we'll have to view the results on Tuesday. My very best hopes for NDP, and I hope the Trumpites-north are not the ones who get to form the government. Coalition on the left please!!!!
As for Here's the Think we remember it well. What a lovely place and lovely day that was.
I will consult with Donna Florida re Coffaro and let you know soon.
Please send my thanks, now that you are back from Europe, to Jenny the basketmaker for her recommendation of Beth Powning. I read "Measure of Light," which is about the Puritans in colonial New England and enjoyed it immensely.  I am grateful for her recommendation. Brent and Krista are coming this weekend. We are having dinner at Elise and Brian's place with them on Friday night.  So it will be party time at Casa Vicente. 
I'm enjoying a 2017 Michel-Schlumberger California Cab while the short ribs and taters luxuriate in the oven along with 8 loaves of toasted sesame seed bread. The wine tastes quite red. So, I'll get back to you before too long on the pick-up/mailing! Cactus(p.s. I inexplicably had the fast lane entirely to myself for 2500 yards this morning.  How could I possibly be the fastest person in the pool for that long when I'm barely a shade above mediocre?)

Hi Patrizzia! Trust you and Über Grump are well! Had a note, on October 4th, [when still in Bern, so I apologize for not replying sooner], that my 2017 Futures release is available and must be collected by November 30th. I have sent a message to David, in Berkeley, wondering if they might be heading up your way before then. If not, perhaps we can have it shipped to their address. As soon as I hear from him I'll let you know and we can plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheer, Patrizzia!





Hi Patrick, Just came back from hike, asked my neighbor, but she can't play tonight, which means we have to cancel unfortunately. Hopefully next week will be better for everybody. Cheers, Jos Hello Again, Rainy Day People! Due to various things, not enough players to mount even one table this evening so everyone must watch election results instead of bidding grand slams! Nevertheless, since a number of us still wish to play, and can play, this week, I suggest we could convene on Wednesday evening. Again Burns Street Bistro will be happy to host, anytime after 6:30 pm. So, if interested, let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, Yes I can play Theresa I'm in! Cheers Carol I am still fighting a cold and sore throat So count me out Judy Hope you feel better soon! Carol Hi Patrick,
I have a board meeting Weds night so I can’t make Weds. Have fun👍
Wednesday is mostly busy for me, sorry. What about Thursday? Cheers. Mike
Hi Michaelo! Sorry you can't play tomorrow. Thursday we are busy with a Kitchen Stove film late afternoon and then Grandmothers For Africa fund raiser later that evening. Next week we are in Vancouver, returning on Thursday so I plan to send out a message to see if there is any interest that night, Halloween! Perhaps you will be able to make gathering if it takes place then. Anyway, look forward to seeing you, one way or another, at some point in the not too, too distant future. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi all, Bill has offered to lead a hike this Thursday. His plan is to start from Green Mountain Road, around old Allen Grove area, and hike north, hopefully to Clark Lake. It is something a bit different, but worth a go. You will: -meet at 0900 at the Cherry Lane north parking lot off of Warren St. (0840 at IGA parking lot in Summerland) -carpool and drive to a parking area up Green Mountain Road. -hike -choose a place for debriefing and refreshment. Interested in coming along? Let Bill know.



No comments:

Post a Comment