Monday 17 February 2020

Count Pacey and the Idleback Blues: Monday, February 17th!

Time is the fairest and toughest judge. -Edgar Quinet, historian (17 Feb 1803-1875)


Hello Bruno and Friends! Thanks to Count Pacey for providing us with digital maps of the outing and clear directions whenever needed and to Taffy and Bruno for doing the bulk of the trail breaking! Hip Hip Hooray for They are Jolly Good Fellows! Hip Hip Hooray!

As well, thanks to all for the delightful camaraderie shared as we crunch, crunch crunched, [literally the only sound in the deep stillness of the trees], our way, over freshly fallen, often pristine snow, around Idleback, concerned as we were about the thickness of the ice, below the Cerulean blue of the jaw-dropping, magnificent sky. An outing to fill one's heart. How truly grateful we must be for such landscapes. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: It is likely that gang will snowshoe out of Apex next Monday, February 24th, to a small A frame called Molly's Hut, I believe. I've done this route a number of times and terrain is quite similar to Idleback so not overly demanding or long, and picturesque, so a "poifect" Monday outing! Details to follow so stay tuned if interested.

Pic: Screen shot of the outing using the AllTrails app Count Pacey introduced me to last year when Olga Polga and I first snow-shoed at Idleback with him, as well as link to recording itself.
Map and Stats for snowshoe outing:
 
<https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/recording-feb-17-12-09-pm-1cecc7a?p=-1>

Hi Patrick, We had a great outing today! Also, thanks for your hospitality. Looking forward to next week! Cheers, Tim
We are on. Lynda wud like to play See u later Hope snow showing was Astounding!! Judy Xo Hi Chooch! Judy Blue can play tonight so looks like we may well have enough for two tables if you will join us! Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! I'll be there! Carol Hello 7 7 No Trumpers! We are on for two tables this evening! Hip Hip Hooray! Thanks to Judy Blue for bringing Lynda along and to Chooch who was waiting in the wings! Must away to dig up some special bridge prizes now! See everyone later. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Two Table Sisterhood! Thanks to Judy Blue and Lynda for joining us and making it possible to field two tables. Great to have Swiss Chocolate Woman back from the Alps and Lady Di from Mexico. Unfortunately, for us, Josinta will be away in Calgary next week while Lady Dar will be whooping it up in Tinsel Town. [Trust Anne of Green Gables is back on her feet after her nasty fall.] I'm more than happy to host unless someone else is interested. Please let me know if you will be playing and I'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Thanks to Judy Blue for the fabulous hedgehogs and to Ms Summerlandia for the delish Spanish red! Pics: Duke guarding Chooch's sweater and The Sisterhood!
I would be happy to host! Chooch Hi all. I can play Monday night. Dianne I would like to play Monday night...with my cushion in tow. AEB I can play Susan. I am not able to play this week Have fun. Judy Blue.

By my calculation....there are 5 confirmed for bridge. I am happy to sit out so as not to be a 5th wheel. If my numbers are wrong , let me know and I will be happy to sit in. Cheers Ann AEB Hi Calculator Woman! I gather you are feeling better so pleased to hear that this is so. Your numbers, as of the writing, are correct! I was hoping to hear from a couple of other people before I replied but guess I will not. I appreciate you offering to bow out but I can do the same if you feel up to playing. I've scads to do so I won't be sitting at home, twiddling my thumbs. Anyway, let me know what you'd like to do and we'll take it from there. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
 










No comments:

Post a Comment