Saturday 15 February 2020

Start of the Long Weekend and the Roy Forbes and Edge of Blues Blues: Saturday, February 15th!

I have learned through bitter experience the one supreme lesson to conserve my anger, and as heat conserved is transmitted into energy, even so our anger controlled can be transmitted into a power that can move the world. -Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)



Hello Summerlandia! The series is called Saimdang: Memoir in Colours. One of the things that I like about it is that it really gives one an idea about Korean culture, not only historically but also in the present. What is particularly interesting, for me at least, are the "comedic" responses and slap-stick behaviour of the secondary, stock characters. 

I really know nothing about the history of Korean theatre or drama but it seems to me as if their current TV programs & productions are based on the historical treatment of characters known to the audience, similar to Italy's Commedia dell'arte or Shakespeare's comic- relief characters.  Anyway, I'll be curious to hear what you think


Must away to lay the fire for Lady Dar! Enjoy the long-weekend! Fondestos from her to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Good Morning Patrick: I have lost the February and Marh schedule, my computer ate it.  I have been panicking since yesterday.  Recently I sent both those months to everything for y'all to make sure the dates were right.  If you still have that email, could you please send it back to me.  Much appreciated.  Carole  Hi Carole! I trust this is the message you require. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: In a pinch, I could cover tonight, February 15th, February 21st and February 29th. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Yes it is Patrick thank you soooooo much. I have cats, my chicas; they are twin sisters and little brats that get into everything. 
This morning I couldn't read my computer screen because they jump up on the keyboard and must have hit something. 
That's what might have happened to that email. From now on I will have to close my computer. 
 Thanks again Patrick, you are the best. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me ps I do love them dearly Hi Patrick Just to let you know, Lynn is going to do February 29th, thanks for offering. Did you end up going tonight? Me Hi Me, Myself and I! Yes I did and what a show! Am I ever glad that I was able to help out as not only was Wil, along with his drummer, a tour de force, perhaps giving one of the most powerful and pyrotechnical performances I have witnessed at The Dream, [Both guitar work and drumming were incredible, almost unbelievable at times, and Wil's voice is something else, rivetingly powerful!], but also I happened to bump into a clutch of friends: 

Very close family friends who were there with their own friends, from Langley, who "follow" Wil, [The four of them came back to our place for drinks after the incredible show.]; one of the women in our book club; the Manager of the Tasting Room at Township Seven whom we've come to know as a result of our wine club membership and the lovely young woman who does the same at Orofino, in Cawston; the owners of Buy The Sea Seafood who gave Pierre one of Wil's CDs ten years ago and the director of the PAG and his wife! Quite a night indeed!

Hazel had started selling tickets, [Thanks Boss!], before I arrived at 7:00 pm so I had more time to visit! Too, too bad you missed such a remarkable, tryly remarkable performance but I have to thank you for not taking shift otherwise I would not have been exposed to such a stellar talent. Only negative thing about the night, [Other than the fact that The Freeloaders drank too much of our hootch!], was that all his CDs were sold before I had a chance to buy one! However his lovely wife, Caroline, gave me her card so I can contact her and she'll mail any CDs I wish to purchase. Great that Lynn will cover the 29th. I'm looking forward to my shift on the 28th and also to hearing Delta Sugar on the 19th when my wife and I will be in audience. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Wil and my felines, Duke and Etta!

Sounds like you had a marvelous time; I am glad and also disappointed that I did not get to see Wil. I certainly will remember if he comes back and also go online and listen to some of his work. You are much more popular than me Patrick, I probably wouldn't have met anyone there so good on you! Thanks for sharing. I believe everything happens for a reason. me
  
Hi Beckster and Kid Chelene! Great to see you tonight and wonderful to meet Sarah and David. Pleased you were able to drop by afterwards. I know I don't need to tell you how much I enjoyed the show. Lady Dar and I are looking forward to hearing Delta Sugar on the 19th, night before she, Chloƫ/Rowan James wing their way to Tinsel Town and I am free to wear my tattered togs without incurring disdain and caustic rebuke! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Pics: ChloĆ«'s basement suite, bathroom and kitchen, to date, and The Little Chap, City building inspector! Wil and Freeloaders! 
Thanks Pat for the pictures. Great night followed by a nice night cap! Thanks for having us over. Corey Hi Kid! Great night all around! If you bump into the Computer Geek Man let him know that his rum is waiting. 

Told him to hurry up and contact me otherwise you'd make off with it! Cheers, Patrizzio! I’ll let him know. Or just give it to me and I’ll be sure it makes it to him... half empty ;) Hi again, Kid Chelene: Remember! Remember!! Remember!!! Once a Freeloader, Always, Always, Always, Always a Died-in-the-Wool Freeloader! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment