Monday 3 February 2020

Skiff of Snow and The Return of The Peggster Blues: Monday, February 3rd!

Writers, like teeth, are divided into incisors and grinders. -Walter Bagehot, journalist and businessman (3 Feb 1826-1877)
 


Hello Winnipeg! Sorry to hear the nasty news! I'll cancel bridge. Please send your flight# and arrival time. Love, Dad/Poppa/Patrizzio!

Hi Monday Nighters! I just received a note from Lady Dar. All three of them are suffering from the flu so she has asked me to cancel bridge as I must act as nurse! Sorry. Will talk anon. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Oh dear....how unfortunate and unpleasant for them on top of a stressful trip. I can see you making a big batch of chicken soup and stocking up on juice and ginger ale. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Ann Sorry to hear about what ails ye. The flight for them will no doubt be uncomfortable. As Ann said, let me know, too, if I can do anything to help. Susan Take care.

Hello Hardy and Faint-Hearted Hikers alike! Thanks to Tim and Chuck for leading us on a wonderful skate along the Trans Canada Black Ice Rink! Other than the fact that Chuckster couldn't wear crampons on the boots he had on, [He fell three times but fortunately didn't bruise anything other than his ego!], it was a terrific outing, made even more delightful by all the wonder dogs we encountered along the way. While Tyrannosaurus would have been disdainful of the marked trail, it was a challenge, inasmuch as it was so icy that one had to be extremely careful with almost each step. Thanks again, Team Leaders! Onward to next Monday! Cheers Patrizzio!
 

Thanks for the photos and it is good to have the important part of the family back home safe and sound.  The Captain is a good cure for many ailments.  We will see what the weather brings for next Monday.  It would be fun to head up above the trestle. Cheers, Tim Thank-you Patrick for the pictures and thank-you for not sending one of me on my butt! Chuck

Hi Tall Timber! Thanks for the snaps you sent along. You will notice I integrated them into the album I just posted. Thanks again for marvellous outing as well as for accommodating my time constraint. Looking forward to next Monday so await notice when you've had time to plan outing. Hello to my favourite Cousina! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Rowan James back home!

Thanks for the photos and it is good to have the important part of the family back home safe and sound.  The Captain is a good cure for many ailments.  We will see what the weather brings for next Monday.  It would be fun to head up above the trestle. Cheers, Tim Hi again, Cousin! Yes, indeed, Captain seemed to have started the cure as it really was a nasty bug. Look forward to another hike, next Monday, wherever weather sends us. Stay well until then. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thank-you Patrick for the pictures and thank-you for not sending one of me on my butt! Chuck Hi Carlos! Pleased you enjoyed the snapolas but even happier that you didn't hurt yourself on a couple of those nasty falls. Hope to see you when you are back from Oregon. Travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Patrick; You are most welcome and I will be around on Monday. This weather has scared me and so I changed plans and will go down the following week. Regards, Chuck Hi again, Chuck! Sorry about your postponed trip but think you made the right decision. Just remember to bring your crampons along this coming Monday! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Oh oh, just opened your message, and was wondering where our guests were hanging out. Hope everybody will feel better soon. Healthy Wishes and thank you for dropping of all the baby handy's..Jos Hi Bridge Went Bust People! Thanks for your good wishes and offer of help. Fortunately, given the particular circumstances, flight from Winnipeg/Calgary went quite well. Rowan James slept for most of the time and in the car on the way back from Kelowna. Other than the fact that The Sisterhood was even krankier than is their usual wont, I managed to deliver them home, although I was tempted to leave the two adults by the side of the road, a number of times! RJ urged me to do so as he wanted to watch Longmire with me!

Back home I made a hot toddy for Lady Dar, [rum and lemonade!], and she sat beside a roaring fire, swaddled in blankets to try and overcome the chills that have been plaguing her for days now. I heated up her bean bags and she went to bed by 7:30 pm, reading for a few minutes before turning of her bedside light. Loyal Etta curled up beside her, keeping her feet warm! I enjoyed my own hot rum, just because I like this terrific concoction and watched the Iowa debacle!  

However, before she dropped off she made a list for both Ann and Susan. She'd like Wall Washing Woman to come over and do our walls with her new, nifty gadget and she's appreciate six dozen, gluten-free cookies, of the kind you baked last Monday, O Susannah! I told her that this was a bit forward of her but she dismissed my protestation with an annoyed wave of her royal hand.  Let me tell you, it's a tough role to play being the Press Secretary for Lady Dar!

Chatted with Chloë this evening and The Little Chap dropped off to sleep at 7:00 pm so was hoping that this meant that she would be able to get a decent sleep herself. With respect to next week's game, I'm scheduled to sell 50/50 ticket at The Dream on Monday, February 10th, so I'm wondering if anyone is interested in playing on either the 11th, 12th, or 14th. On the other hand, Lady Dar is happy to host next Monday so please let me know your preferences and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Glad to hear the Sisterhood is feeling a little better, and hopefully tomorrow much better. Healthy Wishes to all. Next week I can play either Monday or Thursday. Anybody interested in playing from 1pm-4pm on Thursday, I can host. Jos Hi Josinta, et al! We are seeing The Kitchen Sink Series, on Thursday, at 4:00 pm, and then we have book club afterwards. However, Lady Dar is free on Monday so you are more than welcome, of course, to play that evening while I'm at The Dream, dreamin' my life away! If you still wish to host I'm sure The Pentictonites can carpool, as they had intended this past Monday, before the flu bug reared its ugly head! Let me know and I'll let the others, [other than Green Gables and O Susannah], who have not yet responded, know. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

 
March 50/50 Volunteer schedule: Hi Dreamers! I can volunteer for March 10th and March 17th if those slots are still free. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!
I have put my name in for March 14 and 17 Donna Hi again, Dreamers! I put my name down for March 17th before I realized that Donna had already volunteered for that date. This being the case, I can switch to March 12th instead. I apologize for any confusion. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Patrick …. March 14 was taken already but I have you down for the 10th. Is there any other date you could do? Carole ps I didn't hear anything from your interested friend who was going to email me? Hi Carole, et al! Since Greta already volunteered for the 12th I can do the 13th, again, if that date is still free. I still have not heard back from the friend who expressed an interest in becoming a volunteer but left another message. Cheers, Patrizzio! THANK YOU PATRICK, you are a  sweet ❤️!!!! me ps  … that was the first I'd heard about Greta's 11th and 12th? Hi Coordinator Carole! Makes your life tougher than it needs to be. Anyway, when the dust settles, let me know if there are any other spots that still need filling and I'm happy to volunteer if I'm otherwise free. For now, I've reserved the 10th and 13th of March. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi all, Snowshoeing again this Thursday. We will: -meet at 0900 at Cherry Lane north parking lot (0840 at IGA parking lot in Summerland) -carpool and make our way to the switchbacks before the Snowflake parking lot (trailhead to Secret Canyon) -snowshoe. Suggested route includes the Secret Canyon, the Rock Pile, to the Vista Loop crossing, up onto Papa, Mama, and Baby Bears, and back to the cars. Some of us will do the entire loop, while others will have the  opportunity to shorten the trip a bit. -debrief and have a coffee at The Edge at Apex. -return Are you interested? If so, let me know in the next couple of days. Cheers, Jim 


Bev Power: Hard to believe the Vancouver Olympics were 10 years ago ! Making Olympic memories with great friends ! Wayne Sutherland, Michele Darrow-Sutherland, Wayne Connors Sharon Dahl, Ryan Sutherland, Corey William, Ni Cole Marie, Patrick James Dunn, Chloe Alexis Dunn, Nadienka Wyss!








No comments:

Post a Comment