Saturday 29 February 2020

Leap Year and the Deep Massage Blues: Saturday, February 29th!

Tact is the art of convincing people that they know more than you do. -Raymond Mortimer


Celebrate today in your own special way! ...the Pence strategy to contain the virus whilst Trump says all 'under control' 
 
Hi Colin and Jo-anne! Trust you are both well. What a wonderful skewering of Trump! He is running the country using Tools Explained as his political manual! Both would be even funnier if it wasn't so terribly, dangerously true! Especially with the latest news out of Washington State. Starting to feel rather too, too uncomfortably close to home, in terms of likely transmission across the border, given normal travel both ways. Fondestos to you both. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi Patrick...I thought I should let you know That I won't be attending the Jazz night with this fine group next Thursday evening March 5 th and also unable to join the hiking group this coming Monday It was so much fun last Monday and I was looking forward to more outings but... I am leaving for California tomorrow Sunday ... I will be away for a good month..My daughter has reached out to me for more support for Herself as well as the school break
 

Thus I'm on my way...also my granddaughter will be celebrating her 6th birthday and this will be the first birthday for me since her birth ... What can I say other than that I'm happy to be in a position to be able to come and go as I do Enjoy the outings and see you hope fully in April and May Cheers...Elle 🙏🤗
P.S....I have spoken with Marion 


Hi Murielle! Sorry you won't be around for the Jazz night but certainly understand your need to help out your daughter. Had a fabulous time at The Dream last night. Lovely to see Lou and Bonnie there as well. Enjoy your time in California. Travel safely. Stay well all. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thank you for the fabulous account of your experience at the Dream and for the photos...sounds like a delightful evening. Also Thank you the good wishes. Stay well and see you sometime on another hike or another outing Stay well...That Covid- 19 virus is starting to sound extremely menacing Hugs, Elle 🙏🤗

Hello Lake Balboa Lollygaggers! Trust everyone is well. Weather has been lovely over last few days, (pretty windy however), so I've been for a couple of great rides although I miss the Orange Bus Line dedicated lane and Santa Susana Pass Road!

After going to the bathroom, around 5:00 am, I had to close the door as El Diablo had knocked my floss and alarm clock into the sink! [Later on I found an earring wedged under the magazine basket, a victim of efforts to wake me up a few days ago!] Turned on the radio and went back to bed to wake up at 8:30 am and Duke was curled at my feet. [Tough love as they both have to survive on the crunchy dust which I sprinkle on top of reduced, new rations!] Both have been very affectionate ever since Lady Dar left, Duke, perhaps, more so than Etta, as she has always loved her full-body massages!

Etta wasn't around so after I fed Duke I zapped my java. He hopped onto the picture window ledge and when I went over to give him a stroke or two I noticed the large black cat, [almost twice as large as our felines], from somewhere in the neighbourhood, was sitting on the front door mat. He was there yesterday morning as well. Duke didn't seem all that fussed as he didn't growl but did watch him intently. When I opened the door he dashed off but Duke didn't follow. A few minutes later Etta sauntered in and squeaked for breakfast!

Had a wonderful massage with Alison this morning and had a pleasant visit with Brock beforehand. Told him all about life in La La Land! Alison is a lovely young woman and since she is from Northern California she is also quite familiar with LA. She is also a fan of The Dream and Pentastic. [She is also blown away by Dave Bennett!] I didn't realize until I related some of what I've described above that she sings as well and has been toying with auditioning for the Naramata Community Choir. I immediately encouraged her to do. Furthermore, she is a cyclist but somehow hasn't really pursued this activity ever since she moved from Vancouver. I told her I wanted her to be a member of NCC and be riding by my next appointment with her!

Plan to devote myself to shouldares this afternoon to give my legs a bit of a rest as I hope to go for a longish ride tomorrow, after Kid and I collect vanity from Rona. Must away as fire needs another log. Fondestos to one and all. Love and Cheers, Dad/Poppa/Patrizzio! Pics: Naramata Choir, Small Groups, at The Dream! GFA; Luigi, second from left, with friends; Patt Dyck, right, of Cannery Brewing; Bonita, right, from hiking group; Margot; Castefiore! Roger Rabbit's wife!

PS: Lady Dar please send snap to Lynn snap as I don't have her email address. Thanks. They'll miss you on Thursday. Murielle was supposed to join us for Jazz Night, with The Cousins and other friends, [Not sure if Josinta and Aaturos will be back from Calgary.], but just had a note this morning and she's off to Santa Barbara, tomorrow, [unexpectedly, I gather], to help out her daughter with grandchildren over school break.

Just a reminder to our members, the deadline for purchasing your tickets is March 8th. On that date I must give the final numbers to our caterers. If you have not purchased your tickets and are wanting to attend please do so before that date. Looking forward to another great tasting lead by Chad. He also has a few prices if you answers the questions ..... come and have an evening of fun. 

In Chad's Words: Please join us for an evening we are calling “What’s In a Tasting Note; Irish Style.” In an attempt to show just how subjective and personal whisky flavours and aromas can be, our Tasting Coordinator Chad will sample each of our whiskies ahead of time and prepare his own tasting notes. Your task is to attempt to match his tasting notes to their corresponding whiskies. We will be featuring 5 Irish whiskies and 3 Scotches. It’s all in good fun, but there are prizes to be won and fantastic whiskies to be sampled! Hope to see you there! Judi Ritcey, Event Co-ordinator SOWTS Looking forward to it! Kevin Hi Dame Judith and Kevin! I'm already doing my homework! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Now I could use a dram or two of this Patrick. I have been in bed with a terrible cold the last two days, this would open up those sinuses. Dame Judith Hi Dame Judith! Terribly sorry to hear that you are suffering with what seems like a very nasty cold! Duke and Etta send their best wishes for a speedy recovery. For my part, I'd be more than happy to come over and rub Vick's Vapour Rum on your chest to help open up your clogged sinuses and then you'd be able to smell the Irish Whiskey! Must away to have another swig of Method and Madness. I'll have an extra dram, or two, for you! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Sleeeeeeepy kitten and mini-Swiss cow bell!

Thank you for your kind offer of nursing however I think I will pass. However, a wee dram to ease congestion would have been gratefully accepted. What do you mean minus the cow bell. ........I have put you and Corinne on our table? Is that OK with you. I will be there to supervise your behaviour. When is Lady Dar back? We would like to have you both over for an evening of appies and alcohol once she is back. Can you confirm the dates that I will be house sitting please. Really enjoying American Dirt. Great choice. Can't wait for the next book club. Take care Dame Judith 

Hi again DJ! Somewhat disappointed that you won't take me up on home care as I was looking forward to your Vicks therapy! Your sight, as well as your sinuses, must be afflicted,as Duke is not minus his bell but is wearing a mini-cow bell. I bought two key chains in Geneva, with said bells and used them for their collars. You really need a snort or more! More than pleased to be sitting with the Hoi Aristoi of SOWTS so thank you for including us. Lady Dar and the Tinsel Town Two are back next Saturday, March 7th. As always, we'd love to join you of an evening so we can arrange time when they are back. Thanks. I'll ask her about the house sitting dates as I don't know exactly what she has in mind for coverage. Pleased you are enjoying the book. I will start it as soon as I've read the Tattooist of Auschwitz. At the moment I'm finishing off Ken Follett's A Column of Fire, and am enjoying it muchly. Must away as I want to watch an episode of Longmire, (Season 6), before I start reading. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hello old man, sorry for taking so long to reply to your spam email, but nevertheless a pleasure to find them in my junk mail inbox!

In all seriousness though, congratulations to you, Corinne and Chloe on the newest addition - fortunately, it looks like Rowan James got all of the good genes from Corinne's side. Life continues, and it is beautiful when it does, I'm so happy for all of you and I hope I will get to meet Rowan James in person soon.

Not much has changed since we last talked in the summer, just keeping busy but trying to figure out where to go from here, what the next challenge will be. I have not heard from my younger and less-apt cousin of mine, but through the magic of social media I can see that he is doing well and has grown a bit of hair on his chin (I guess we all grow up some day!)

You will be happy to know due to my increase in annual funds through my new job I have been able to climb up the Malt ladder and no longer will I bring porch climber/chain cleaner to our next gathering and you will also not find that in my small but growing cabinet. Mind you, despite my affinity and growing knowledge of single malts, my collection remains small but it is growing in size and age from 12 years to 15 years. I do appreciate the smoother taste that comes with those three extra years. Just bought a nice bottle of the 12-year Glen Grant as it was 10 dollars off at the government store and it wasn't bad, and as a lifetime freeloader nothing tastes better than a good discount!

We continue to toil away at VPL as well, and the more I work there, the more I realize how many librarians hate it there. As well, VPL continue their mission to make librarians a relic of the past by replacing us with non-MLIS staff. Still, I consider myself somewhat fortunate that I got into the system as a librarian before they stopped hiring new librarians.

It's funny how age and life has a way of sometimes changing your spirit in ways that you could have never imagined as a child. I hope life is good for you and despite all my truthful wisecracks at you, I love you and hope to see you soon Take care, V/VL

Dear Patrick Thanks so much for your update. Your biking and snowshoeing workouts sound terrific. Today was a beautiful day--did some work in the garden and then Colin and I walked to Dunbar Theatre to see Little Women. We enjoyed the movie very much. I am off to Edmonton tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. Too early. My stepmother Pauline is not well at all and just going there to help support my Dad and Pauline. Colin's mother in Qualicum Beach is also not well so I returned from the Island Friday night. Hard to leave her -- right now she is tentatively in a care home. Anyways please keep in touch. Stay well. Lots of love for now Jo-Anne
Hi Old Farts, Tim and Patrick have been keeping action alive, so the snowshoe frolicking continues. This Monday we will go to the top of Riordan, probably from the Snowflake parking lot. Meet to carpool at IGA Summerland at 0840 or the Cherry Lane lot in Penticton at 0900. We can decide at the end whether to stop for coffee at the Edge at Apex or come down the hill and we can decide a place for the following Monday – the snow down low is rapidly disappearing so it may be time for a boot hike. Hope to see you there. Cheers Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment