Thursday 13 April 2017

Bedraggled Feline Blues: Thursday, April 13th!

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. -Christopher Hitchens, author and journalist (13 Apr 1949-2011)



hi pat: just in case you don't get enough to read.........these 'fund facts' reports outline the various funds you own currently as well as a couple that we will be looking to add in the future (in particular the Russell fixed income pool will be used to increase the conservative income stream from domestic and international sources talk soon chris

Plan to head to the pool today for a deep-water walking session as it is pouring down! Both our rain barrels are filled to overflowing and we plan to buy two more so that we can capture as much water as possible for our small vegetable garden and numerous potted shrubs and flowers, over the summer. As you can well imagine, water is a significant concern in this much drier climate and we are trying to use it responsibly whenever and however we can.  

Hi Patrick We are packed and ready to go very very early tomorrow morning. The bearded Stuart reminds me of the bearded San Jose hockey players. Oilers lost tonight. I think we are ready time will tell.

Have had a great holiday so far--managed to ski the Cut at Grouse Mountain. I am thrilled as I thought I would never ski again. I have been working up gradually to it on the kids run at Grouse and Tuesday I had a wonderful day--sunny and the snow is exceptional. Grouse had new snow Monday night and this is April 12th--most snow they have had in a long time. Came home and apres ski was fun!

John finally phoned tonight and let us know that he successfully defended his thesis April 5th! I think he is pretty pleased.

Admire Corinne's work with the Grandmothers for Africa. Not sure why fundraisers would be difficult?? Crazy.

Ingrid Parent stepped down. She is ready to retire--now that she has had her year of administrative leave. Politics probably involved as there were many who are quite dissatisfied with her leadership and the review of the library under her leadership was pretty scathing. Keep riding! Have fun with your cats. Warmest wishes always. Jo-Anne


Since it was pelting cats and cats all morning, I really didn't think I was going to be able to ride today. However, around 11:30 am the steady downpour stopped and with the brisk wind, from the SE/SSW, at between 11-18 kph over the time I was out, soon dried out the streets. From the forecast, there seemed there would be a window of opportunity until around 3:00 pm so I suited up quickly and set off, making for PTC. Since I didn't want to be too, too far from home if the heavens decided to open again, I resigned myself to Gerbilization Jubilation for the duration of ride. Turned out not too, too badly as I was able to catapault myself on the endless mini-loops off Power, using the force of the wind behind me so that I actually registered an AVG 0f 21.8 kph when I was homeward bound, up Ellis. Slight grade and head wind dropped me down a bit but I was still pleased with outing, given that I had not even expected to ride at all given the soggy start to the day. Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1675686524#.WO_6uDyReoM.email  
 
Patrick and Corinne, Thank you for the fun last night. Thank you also for the UB cab/merlot. It was tasty. I am not available to play Bridge next week. My boys are visiting until Thursday. We haven't made any plans for Saturday yet but if you are in the vicinity stop in for a visit. No promises that we won't put you to work though😊 Happy Easter🐣🐰 Pam We'll host at Spiller next Tues at 6.30pm. But if more available Wed instead we're fine with that. Please let everyone know when is best. Gill We're fine with Tuesday, thanks for offering to host, Cheers Corinne

Happy Easter all, Gill I am able to play on Tuesday, Thanks for hosting on Wednesday Corrine and Patrick. The snacks were delish..Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment