Thursday 6 April 2017

Stationary Bike Bearing Blues: Thursday, April 6th!

We take our colors, chameleon-like, from each other. -Nicolas de Chamfort, writer (6 Apr 1741-1794)


Morning Patrice, I don't know why but I didn't see this til now. That was very interesting but pretty awful too! please don't send me anymore animal snuff films!!.
Hope all is well, I am currently at the cabin as I am off work for this week and next because our big gag on predator got pushed a couple weeks. I just got the word that they have cancelled the one shot that I was prepping for out in Golden ears, gold river location which we figure they have already spent $80,000 on. All they had to do was give us a half day to set up and they could roll cameras on it but they have run out of time and have to prioritize some other stuff. They also cancelled another shot which is already built and set up and ready to go in the studio but again no time to film it... $40,000 for that one!. all this and in the mean time they nickel and dime us on the stupidest things!..Oh well gotta love showbiz.
 

Getting calls for other shows such as Dead Pool 2 as the town is incredibly busy. The guy doing Dead pool is someone I have know since I started and always treats me very well but I don't want to work that much and especially all summer. He has called me twice in a week and I have resisted so far but thinking I will see if he will bring me on for three days a week which would be great for me as I get free time and still make some good money that I need unfortunately due to excessive cabin buying and renovating! Lets talk about a visit soon and also you guys are always welcome to stay here on your way back and forth from home to the city if you want. Hopefully we can get together up here before long and I can run you through the opening up and closing of the place. Hope everyone is doing well, love to Corrine and we'll talk soon. Cheers, Al

Hi Mr Squeamish! Sorry to hear a number of your shots have been cancelled, for seemingly silly financial reasons, but glad that this will allow you to work on cabin. Thanks again, as always, for invitation to stay. Much appreciated, of course. Lady Dar is busing into Vancouver, on April 21st, I think, and will be returning with Ragin' Bull on Tuesday, the 25th. He is very kindly coming up, for a week or so, to help with more shelving and other assorted projects. He will be bringing his bike and we plan to ride on the KVR. You and Marilyn should bring your bikes when next you visit. Fondestos to you and Marilyn, from Lady Dar. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Since it was raining pretty steadily so we decided to drive to Kelowna to do a large shopping run at Costco. Lady Dar picked up quite an attractive, efficient, raised planter, (I put it together while she was at the Community Centre, taking a Pickle Ball lesson!), which we will use for some of the vegetables we hope to grow. Also picked up two tomatoe plants which will be first to go in, once it warms up a tad. Our garlic, in the front garden, is pushing up nicely, so looking forward to the scapes, once they are tall enough. Once harvest begins we'll be able to produce our own stock from our very own, lovingly raised and watered home-grown, organic vegetables! Pics: Miss Etta on shower mat; new planter and tomatoe plants; Duke guarding the patio!

Patrick, Looks like a fun night👍 I am available to play Weds night😀 Pam
I like Wednesday and can play🤓 Judy Hi Hedgehog Woman! Glad you can make it. Hope we need to use your card table! Cheers, Patrizzio! Ya funny to see you too. Always a great meeting spot. Yup maybe some fame and no fortune awaits. Familiar as always.Well beer fest tomo night with the Websters whom you know also. Maybe you,ll be there too? Talk soon----Grady  Hi Patrizzio,
Please count me in for next Wednesday evening. And a lovely weekend to all! Hugs, Olly Yes Phil and I will be there next Wed Thx Gill Give me a call tomorrow and we can arranged a time for you to pick it up. Cheers

Hi Naramata Goil and Indian "Pale Ale" Rock Man! Glad you can make it next Wednesday, Pamela. Justicia is in as well so will confirm number of tables, (Enough for one as of this writing!), as soon as I've heard from more people.

I gather, as a result of a message from Grady, that you four are off to Fest of Ale this evening. Have a grand time! I'm sure you will. Elaine Davidson asked me for a number of the snaps I took at Legend and has used them on her blog, [https://naramata-blend.com/], so Wild Bill figures large. Grady, Gail, you and Lady Dar are on the editing room floor, however! Funnily enough, three bottles of single malt from Macaloney's Victoria Caledonian Distillery/Twa Dogs Brewery, bought for me by Kevin Ritcey, President of The South Okanagan Whiskey Tasting Society, when he visited Victoria last week, were delivered to Penticton, along with beer for Fest, I gather, yesterday. I tasted the malt, [from Scotland, not distilled in Victoria], at Dram Come True in Vancouver, at the end of March. Have to meet with Kevin to collect my hootch at some point. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Glad all is well in Naramata and environs. Spring is almost here. Have fun. Cheers, R, Hi Robert! As Mr Crafty Beer I'm sure you know that the Okanagan Fest of Ale is on this weekend. [In case you don't know, was established in 1996 making it one of the largest and longest running annual beer festivals in the Pacific Northwest. Operating as a non-profit society, managed by a volunteer Board of Directors, the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society hosts an annual Consumer Craft Beer and Cider Tasting that functions to support and promote the growing world of quality craft brewery products, promote local tourism and support charitable organizations within the Regional District of the Okanagan-Similkameen. As of October 2016, $577,660 in net proceeds has been gifted back to qualifying registered charities.] Come on up and we can play some bridge while sipping! Cheers, Patrizzio!


No comments:

Post a Comment